Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Keeping the S2000 - going Supercharged :-)

Bournemouth: Former multiple scoob owner - Now Evo8 FQ300 - Bob Mapped

Just an update, as I did think I was going to chop the car in for another scoob or similar.

Totally love it and cant fault it, but I love modding and its a waste of time sticking N/A on these cars. You can spend thousands and only get a handful of BHP.

So, when a guy off the BBS offered me the chance to buy his Vortech setup with 500 miles on it - I jumped at it

This allows me to have 300 rwhp at 8 psi boost and as they are linear in power delivery, it does keep a fair bit of the VTEC character. It may get interesting in the wet though.

To give you an idea of the pace it will add, found a clip of one with a scock 8 psi Vortech giving an 05 Carrera S some grief
    http://videos.streetfire.net/Player....C48F6&kw=3&p=2

Very excited! Keeping the car looking really stock so I can go punishing people with more added fun.

Wish me luck!

MB

1/4mile: 11.7secs@119mph. Std UK engine + TD05. 340bhp

Blimey. Not many of those about.

Keep us posted.

The handling is tricky enough in the wet as standard.

Bob

Nice to see a full kit with charge cooler. Not many seem to have a cooler, lad next door looked at a turbo kit for his Integra, when I asked what the IC looked like he showed me the kit info not one in it the company said it didn't need one on low boost!!!

Sounds like fun Mark [img]smile.gif[/img] would like to see the car when it is done.

When I was running 300rwhp on the RX (on twin turbos, so >200lb/ft from 2.5k to 8k rpm)it was interesting in the wet - would spin the rear wheels from 30-100mph if trying to accelerate through 2nd & 3rd. After it was switched over to non sequential on uprated turbos the power delivery became similar to what I expect your S2000 to be, and it helped no end with traction. Doing the same 2nd&3rd gear pull with 360rwhp the back end only let go at 105mph. Having said that I did run it at Crail in torrential rain and the rear tyres were still lit up crossing the line with 120 on the speedo [img]redface.gif[/img] so best to avoid standing starts in the wet.

Look at the size of that toorbo!
    Why can\'t this be read????

The Map

What turbo ? It looks like a centrifugal supercharger to me..... belt driven with a ZF drive to make the whistly bit go round quickly

Yep, its a centrif charger

Bob, yep handling is interesting in the wet but I think most of the horror stories are driver ability related! I was a bit worried going from AWD to RWD but its fine as long as you remember what you're driving. Ive come up to bends far too fast still thinking im in the scoob, and come out ok though. Dry handling is so much fun. Doesnt seem to "jump" and hit the floor like a scoob though [img]smile.gif[/img]

Robertio, will keep you posted RX7 sounds bloody fun!

PS - guy selling it said it was SCARY fast - just what I need. Going for the usual AFR an KL install too - makes me feel at home [img]smile.gif[/img]

MB

Jim, I guess S/C has less temp issues but I still would rather see a cooler on there. Turbo's on these cars can see as high as 700wrhp and not my cup of tea at all - its major work.

The beauty of the Vortech is that its designed for stock aplication, and as such you keep standard injectors, albeit at a higher D/C. You get a Walbro 225 pump and reg, and also a fuel management box to adjust the fuelling to suit the kit. Also designed for crap US 91 Ron fuel so Optimx will keep it nice and safe [img]smile.gif[/img]

MB

I'd say US 91 PON octane is pretty close to our 97 RON ayway

A friends Viper was tuned on US 93 octane, when it arrived home, on Optmax it was detonating, and had to have timing pulled from it.

Looks interesting

Big power rwd is so tricky after owning lots of 4wd stuff. My rx7 was a handful in the wet (2nd turbo incomming!), used it in the snow too... once.

Looks like a very nice factory type install. The vid is filmed by a WRX, which seems to be faster than the filmed cars!

Have fun
    F

Was filmed in Dubai. WRX did look to be giving them both some jip!

MB

Robertio, will keep you posted RX7 sounds bloody fun!
    It would be if it wasn't so frail - spec'd it up for TOTB 2004, went bang when out mapping it (on low boost of all things). Back together for this years event only to lose engine,gearbox & turbos before it. Should have realised when the first engine let go on my way home from buying the car (2002) that it wasn't going to be a reliable form of transport. Should have taken out a large loan and bought a GT3 in the first place, would have cost me less in the long run.

Already decided it wont be at TOTB next year - even if it is running 450-500rwhp that's not enough to be competitive anymore. Out of the last 33 months it has been on the road for 7 and running right for 1 of them and during that time it managed to earn me 5points

Honda have gained a few S2000 sales from prospective RX-7 purchasers as I normally point them in that direction. A fun car is only a fun car if it is running.

22B Junkie

why is the original owner selling?

what is the rrp on that kit?

and you should look at water injection pre supercharger.

it can do wonders for the timing allowed, and the honda standard ecu will advance very efficiently if it can.

good choice markie, get it fitted and get yer arse round here pronto!

Hi Rich, must pop round soon! Dont get it for a couple of weeks and will take me another month or so to getting round to fitting. Its good as you can do all of it but putting the pulley on and ECU box as the final bit.

Adam, the guy bought a newish NSX so decided to take it off. Hes an S2k memeber so hopefully trustworthy... getting a go in the NSX tho

RRP is about $5000 usd - not saying what bargain price I got it for though Sticking with the standard kit.

MB

Update can be found here:

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php...ic=325803&st=0

basically ive fitted the PLX wideband and the cooling system. Next its the fuel pump / pulley / oil pan mod. After that I can get the beastie on and fit the timing unit and MAP clamp! Exciting.

On a UK car it will actually give 350bhp and reach 100 in just under 10 seconds - allegedly...

MB

Hmmm, I'd like to see that too

F

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player....term=s2000&p=2

Stock-ish S2000 against EVO8 with dp... Imagine what another 100 bhp would do

MB

1/4mile: 11.7secs@119mph. Std UK engine + TD05. 340bhp

Looking good Mark.

Bob

PS. You're mad!