PDA

View Full Version : How many WRX in the list got a built Engine and After market TURBO

jwkc
24th August 2000, 09:58
Just wonder IS there any fellow member in the Forum Got a Upgraded Engine and Aftermarket Turbo kit on there WRX For Street use???
I mean a Moster Built SETUP. Like CAMS,Ported HEAD,UPgraded Rods, Piston,Blue printed engine,Fuel system,Big Turbo ETC...

ANY Specs on your BuiltWRX. From members can share???
One of my friend. Got his EVO 5 RS Tuned by Boss speed JAPAN.They Are also specialized in WRX.Just want to learn What is our Fellow member's opinion on Building their WRX.
Here are specs of my friend's EVO 5 RS

ENGINE SPEC ENGINE TYPE:4G63 ENGINE CAPACITY:2.016cc
BOZZ SPEED TURBINE KIT(HKS GARRETT GT3240/ HKS SPECIAL WASTEGATE)or(HKS GT 3037) .
HKS SUPER POWER FLOW / HKS SUPER SQV BLOW OFF VALVE
HKS GT INTERCOOLER / INJECTORS 840cc UPGRADE/
FUEL PUMP UPGRADE
HKS F-CON V Pro( engine managment)I belive he up gradeed Already with MOTEC M48 PRO BY now!
HKS EVC V Pro (boost controller)/ HKS OIL COOLER KIT / HKS 272 IN .EX camshaft,
BOZZ SPEED FORGED ALUMINUM PISTON KIT,HKS FORGED RODS / BOZZ SPEED CAM-PULLEY,Fully rebuilt Blueprinted engine.Port and polished intake,exhaust mainfold,cylinder head,upgraded steel valve,Titanium retiners,valve springs.
EXHAUST MANIFOLD:BOZZ SPEED STANLESS EXHAUST MANIFOLD
MUFFLER:BOZZ HKS SIDE WINDER EXHAUST
CLUTCH:CUSCO TWIN PLATE CLUTCH,light weight Flywheel
DIFFERENTIAL:CUSCO LSD TYPE MZ (FRONT / CENTER / REAR)
EXTERIOR: BOZZ SPEED AERO MIRROR
INTERIOR SEAT:Recaro SP-J
METERS:HKS METERS 60 ØOIL PRESSURE / 60 ØBOOST / 60 ØOIL TEMPERATURE / 60 ØEGT
SUSPENSION:BOZZ SPEED HEIGHT-ADJUSTABLE SUSPENSION KIT
BRAKE:ENDLESS BRAKE PADS CC-M
CUSOCO STRUTBAR / LOWER-ARM BAR
TYRE&WHEELS: TYRE DUNLOP FORMULA R DO1J (race tires)
F 225/45/ZR/17 R 225/45/ZR/17
WHEEL : ADVAN RG RACING Wheel F8J-17 R 8J-17
What do you guys thinks!

Thanks
JOSEPH

Firefox
24th August 2000, 10:59
Hi there,

Nice setup..

But why post about an Evo 5 build on a subaru forum... ?

Now if you listed a build for a Subie, that might be more relevant.. http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/smile.gif

I assume you own a Subie and are thinking of modifying it ?

J.

jwkc
24th August 2000, 11:09
MY brother in law got a 98 WRX.And His is asking me for advice!Since he does not know much things about cars. And after he drove my friends EVO. HE love The Power. AND want his Scooby to be same like the EVO!
And since I dont Own a WRX So I need to do some resarch for him!!!

JonH
24th August 2000, 11:17
BOZZ SPEED TURBINE KIT(HKS GARRETT GT3240/ HKS SPECIAL WASTEGATE)or(HKS GT 3037)

Wow, that's pretty amazing stuff; you're friend has TWO HKS turbos to choose from??

I have not built up the engine on my STI Ver IV yet, but here are the current specs:

Greddy TD06-20G 8cm turbo kit (incl. downpipe, external wastegate, etc)
Greddy front mount intercooler
Nismo 550cc injectors
Nissan BNR34 fuel pump
HKS F-Con V Pro with programming supplied by JUN
Blitz Dual SBC
5 Zigen Border 304 Max exhaust

jwkc
24th August 2000, 11:26
I am not sure Which HKS GT turbo He Got!
But that car Can do at least high 11's in low boost in street trim.IF in race trim and high boost (2 bar)with race fuel.I think it can be a low 10'sec car.That why my brother in Law wants to built up his WRX to race him.

Thanks
JWKC

jwkc
24th August 2000, 11:34
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JonH:
BOZZ SPEED TURBINE KIT(HKS GARRETT GT3240/ HKS SPECIAL WASTEGATE)or(HKS GT 3037)

Wow, that's pretty amazing stuff; you're friend has TWO HKS turbos to choose from??

I have not built up the engine on my STI Ver IV yet, but here are the current specs:

Greddy TD06-20G 8cm turbo kit (incl. downpipe, external wastegate, etc)
Greddy front mount intercooler
Nismo 550cc injectors
Nissan BNR34 fuel pump
HKS F-Con V Pro with programming supplied by JUN
Blitz Dual SBC
5 Zigen Border 304 Max exhaust

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
HI JonH
Your F-con Pro. is it preprogramed and shiped to you by JUN.Is it programed For your particular Special setup ?How Much boost your car are boosting?I belive should be around 1.5-1.6 bar???

Thanks
JWKC

[This message has been edited by jwkc (edited 24 August 2000).]

Firefox
24th August 2000, 12:05
Hi there,

The FconV is a good piece of kit.. I have run one.. (now makes a nice paper weight).

Very advanced... but not user tuneable.. http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/frown.gif

I also have an EVC IV and EVC IV Pro.. again.. used on subies.. good pieces of Kit.. but again.. they are now paper weights.. *although one will be used soon* http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/smile.gif

You cant beat a fully programmable ECU.. like Autronics... Motec.. Link...etc.

If you are going for low 10's, then it will be the quickest Subie in the world..(un)officially?... Jun did hold the record.. but was beaten by Rigoli at a recent meet.

J.

jwkc
24th August 2000, 12:12
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Firefox:
Hi there,

The FconV is a good piece of kit.. I have run one.. (now makes a nice paper weight).

Very advanced... but not user tuneable.. http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/frown.gif

I also have an EVC IV and EVC IV Pro.. again.. used on subies.. good pieces of Kit.. but again.. they are now paper weights.. *although one will be used soon* http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/smile.gif

You cant beat a fully programmable ECU.. like Autronics... Motec.. Link...etc.

If you are going for low 10's, then it will be the quickest Subie in the world..(un)officially?... Jun did hold the record.. but was beaten by Rigoli at a recent meet.

J.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry I mean High 10!!!my mistake!!
The F-Con V I used on my Supra is not USER Programable.
BUT the F-con Pro is Programable by The HKS power writer software. But it is On Japanese.

Thanks
JWKC

[This message has been edited by jwkc (edited 24 August 2000).]

Firefox
24th August 2000, 12:21
Hi there,

The FCON V is programmable... as I had custom maps for it.

But you need the software.. which is available in english, but HKS wont release it to the general public, hence its dealer tunable only.

J.

jwkc
24th August 2000, 12:27
Nice to hear that F-Con V is programable.I should find a way to get the software in English.
By the way Do you konw what is the difference between a FconV and a Fcon Pro???

Thanks
JWKC

JonH
25th August 2000, 03:43
JWKC and Firefox,

The F-Con V Pro I have was tuned by Susumu Koyama of JUN on my car with his laptop and air/fuel ratio equipment hooked up.. You are also correct in saying that the HKS Powerwriter is only available to tuners; he had the ability to make adjustments while I was driving. After the custom program, the car is extremely smooth from 2000rpm all the way to redline and low end torque has significantly been improved.

Mr. Koyama explained to me that the F-CON V and V-Pro differ in that the V-Pro is much more versatile and controls more parameters.