PDA

View Full Version : Eg33 79mm stroker arrow billet crank shaft

mattybr5
31st October 2012, 18:51
ok after a chat with a few members and with a few builds popping up with the eg33 svx engine a few people are wanting to run a 79m stroker crankshaft the same item andy f is running in his car as we speak at over 1000bhp and 8.3 qtr mile so its safe to say there tried and tested

iv messaged russell at arrow about the possible group buy and he is all for it so just seeing interest first

basically as all custom parts there never cheap originally i was qouted 2975+vat for a single crankshaft andy f says he payed around the 2800+vat for his so there certaintly not cheap so every little helps

russell has offered a discount on a group buy of 4 units at 2600 or a batch of 5 at 2475 each he hasnt comfirmed if these are with or without vat which im just awaiting on a reply on as we speak iv also asked him for a larger order discount so we will see

the terms are a 35% deposit and 14weeks for turn around time so lets see who is genuinly interested and hopefully for all who are interest can save some decent money as a group thank you

1..mattybr5

p1prodrive
31st October 2012, 19:37
I could be interested if you can get the offer on 5

1. Mattybr5
2. P1prodrive

Andy.F
31st October 2012, 21:23
Well done Matty, you got a decent discount there :)

mattybr5
1st November 2012, 07:32
Prodrive good man it looks like we got 4 already then with your order and 2 more who have message me we may get a few more than first thought at this rate with te discount he given I figure if we can get 20 they would work out at about 220:) il keep the list up dated with the prices Russell gives me and hopefully we can get the ball rolling

Andy cheers mate it all helps you sure you don't want to pop your name down as a spare:)

p1prodrive
1st November 2012, 07:37
Right that sounds good to me let us know if you find any more takers.

Andy.F
1st November 2012, 09:45
Hmmm, could be tempted! I try to look at these things as an investment, they are so rare that they will always be worth that sort of money even used.

If there's any interest, I may be able to organise a GB on cams, currently 880 per set of new nitrided billet cams, same as I use in the race car. These cams will idle sweet, drive around town no probs and make excellent power even at low boost levels on Vpower. I can enquire for discount on volume. (will start another thread if req'd)

mattybr5
1st November 2012, 10:07
excellent andy im spurised you didnt sell this years engine as a proven engine and go even bigger and better as planned for next year but like you said always good to have the spare engine :) group buy on the cams would be awesome aswell for me personally what i can save on these aprts an go towards a dry sump or a small part of a guci gearbox set up

p1prodrive
1st November 2012, 11:55
That's great news Andy let us know as I'm in on that one also lol

PS-06
1st November 2012, 11:59
Good men Matt!!

I'm so tempted to buy this stroker crank shaft NOW as I certanly will need it ones the engine build starts, but I cant buy it just now! Chassis must be done first before I can start trowing serious money at the engine build

Matt when you had in mind of giving Arrows the go on making the crank shafts?

Cheers Frank

mattybr5
1st November 2012, 13:24
Prodrive good to hear your all for it mate il get a rock solid price up it so far we have a poss 6 orders if andy goes ahead aswell hopefully the extra order will lower te price again but we see

Frank they take 14 weeks to make so ideally as soon as everyone is comfirmed we go ages there a 35% deposit to put down to comfirm the order so roughly 867 on the price of the 5 order at the moment then you have 14weeks to he the rest of the cash together so if you put aside 115 per week for the 14 weeks then you have your nice crankshaft:) I'm still awaiting the confirmation on the plus vat or not and if any more discount can be had for a larger order il up date asap cheers

PS-06
1st November 2012, 20:24
MMMMmmmmmmmm you sure know how to sweet talk a guy into (bed uhh I mean) buying a crankshaft LOL

Ill think about it over the weekend!! oh and start saving up ;)

Andy.F
1st November 2012, 20:32
Matty, tell Russell you will take down a barrow load of notes for a better deal!

mattybr5
1st November 2012, 21:32
no problem frank some times you gotta jump at these deals as it be a shame for you to have to pay full price mate

andy yes i dont really know russell at all but notes he likes hopefully if frank is on board and il get some solid prices for the extra 1 order so far we can get the ball rolling any ideas on prices for your group buy ??we can do them together and call it billet november :)

p1prodrive
2nd November 2012, 00:28
Sounds like a plan to me got to love the billet lol

rb268
2nd November 2012, 08:25
Would be up for one to m8

mattybr5
2nd November 2012, 10:00
excellent rb26 that makes 7 if everyone is up for it then..

ok a quick update from russell prices are plus 20%vat i think we all expected that tho there is a small carrage charge also on top he will comfirm this for us tho he has sid that the 5 order price is the same for 6 or 7 ect but 10 orders will take the price down to 2350+vat each which is a nice saving overall

iv played hard ball and told him if he wants such a nice order that the 7 poss orders if he can do for the 2350each then im sure he has a nice order before xmas im just awaiting his reply he has also asked for a std crank shaft to be provided aswell for the order i have my good one in needed or if some one has a scrap or un usable one we can get to him??

Andy.F
2nd November 2012, 11:39
The custom billet cams are discounted by 15% (-132) to 748 for 3 sets, and by 20% (-176) to 704 for 5+ sets, that price includes shipping but not vat. Delivery is 4-6 weeks and I'd need 50% deposit on ordering.
Apologies to those that have recently purchased at full price but I never anticipated the EG33 would become popular enough to arrange group buys!

p1prodrive
2nd November 2012, 12:16
Andy thanks for that but what about the rest of the valve train, could you do a buy on these also ?

Stainless intake valves x 12
Inconel exhaust valves x 12
Titanium top cap retainers x 24
Dual valve springs x 24
Lower spring platforms x 24
Lightweight shimless cam followers x 24

rb268
2nd November 2012, 12:51
When would wee expect to have the cranks m8
Where to pay deposit to

rb268
2nd November 2012, 13:07
Can wee get a group buy for pistons & rods too
Preferably not lateral ones

Andy.F
2nd November 2012, 13:13
Andy thanks for that but what about the rest of the valve train, could you do a buy on these also ?

Stainless intake valves x 12
Inconel exhaust valves x 12
Titanium top cap retainers x 24
Dual valve springs x 24
Lower spring platforms x 24
Lightweight shimless cam followers x 24

They come from 3 different suppliers but I'll see what I can do.

Also have EG33 intake manifold to head insulators for 75 a pair.

http://i50.tinypic.com/8yt9pt.jpg

Andy.F
2nd November 2012, 13:15
Can wee get a group buy for pistons & rods too

Let me speak to Steve at SMG as he was looking at doing something with my next years build.

mattybr5
2nd November 2012, 13:46
Ok this is getting interesting the crank shafts if everyone one is in board we need to get the 35% deposits in then it's 14 weeks turn around time for the machining..andy do you know where arrow are based I'm thinking maybe collecting the crankshafts and posting out separately to each customer to keep the costs down if there not to far

The billet cams I'm 100% for thoses aswell as the rest of the parts for heads if we can get a good group buy going there seems a lot more builds out there then originally thought

Maybe separate listings for each group buy to keep it easier to manage??

Andy as I said te spacers I'm also up for when there finished just let me know cheers

Rb pistons and rods is another good group buy but can I ask why you don't want the lateral products??cheers

MAD Hammer
2nd November 2012, 14:04
Better start thinking about gearboxes too ;)

mattybr5
2nd November 2012, 15:28
Yes that's another great expensive I think it's time to sell the missus with all these group buys going on:)

adzhrac
2nd November 2012, 16:27
They come from 3 different suppliers but I'll see what I can do.

Also have EG33 intake manifold to head insulators for 75 a pair.

http://i50.tinypic.com/8yt9pt.jpg

Where has your ic gone now ?

PS-06
2nd November 2012, 16:57
STOP STOP STOP!!!!

Dont go GroupBying everything at once guys. If we want everyone to join in we need to spread costs me thinks, or am I the only with a`normall`montly paycheck!!

PS-06
2nd November 2012, 16:58
Better start thinking about gearboxes too ;)

Hold that thought ;)

Andy.F
2nd November 2012, 17:02
Where has your ic gone now ?

Twin chargecoolers today ! Tomorrow, who knows lol

Note to self - Don't EVER go out testing new turbos in the dark and damp :eek:

p1prodrive
2nd November 2012, 17:22
I think the idea is to get prices on rods and pistons for now see what people come up with

mattybr5
2nd November 2012, 18:07
group by on charge coolers now andy has a pair i think :)

mattybr5
2nd November 2012, 18:09
andy is that the gt35 fitted in the pic or still the 30's??

PS-06
2nd November 2012, 18:40
group by on charge coolers now andy has a pair i think :)

It's your lucky day Matt:
http://bbs.22b.com/forums/showthread.php?28917-Jun-K-amp-N-Tial-Frozen-Boost-Syvecs-Intrax
LOL

mattybr5
2nd November 2012, 19:37
pmsl frank have you got 2 by any chance and whats the discount rate :)

rb268
2nd November 2012, 20:31
got a set headers of mark about 2 years the bracket on the expansion joints cracked & he refuse to do anything
so not willing to give him a pound sepecially after spending about 5 k

rb268
2nd November 2012, 20:36
when are wee paying the deposit m8

Andy.F
2nd November 2012, 20:45
andy is that the gt35 fitted in the pic or still the 30's??

Thats the 35's on now, was out testing them tonight and i came to the conclusion that my blurred vision was due to the speed of light being insufficient to illuminate the road ahead ;) :D

Justin A
2nd November 2012, 21:03
Thats handy Andy since as you approach the speed of light the ageing process slows down :D

Andy.F
2nd November 2012, 21:06
I found that out 100yrs ago Justin ;)

Nathan Lockley
2nd November 2012, 21:36
well the future seems eg33 im dribbling here.. lucky bastards:D

Simon_
3rd November 2012, 11:16
spacers arrived thanks Andy.

I am tempted by a crank but timing not ideal finance wise as just bought box and turbos lol so just depends when this goes ahead.

The customer I was discussing with you via pm Matty has said not yet.. so him and frank on a future group buy.

Simon

mattybr5
3rd November 2012, 11:30
ok simon thats no problem its understandable specially his time of year and with all the other stuff you brought right can we get in all honesty im not in a ,major rush to get the crank ordered i an wait till after the xmas period if that helps others? so it all depends how many want the cranks ordering now or maybe january time for say??andy it looks aswesome as always alot of changes for 2013 then :) also il take some spaers if you have some left just pm me where to pay and full prices etc cheers

p1prodrive
3rd November 2012, 12:00
Iam easy enough but would like to get the ball rolling and get some deposits down sooner rather than later.

rb268
3rd November 2012, 12:20
would be up for monday m8

mattybr5
4th November 2012, 13:24
Ok looks like we started this thread at the wrong time for most interested parties without Simon and his customer and frank in board the numbers just don't add up for a group buy discount so maybe we take a vote for all parties to resume this after the Xmas period and go from there??

p1prodrive
4th November 2012, 13:31
Yes Matt that's ok but would still want the cams etc so i think you should start another thread lol

PS-06
4th November 2012, 16:56
Ok looks like we started this thread at the wrong time for most interested parties without Simon and his customer and frank in board the numbers just don't add up for a group buy discount so maybe we take a vote for all parties to resume this after the Xmas period and go from there??

Hi Matt,

If we could stretch it till after christmas/new year than I'm in. Do we still have the rather large disscount if we stretch it ?
It looks like if we do it after christmas there are a lot more who can join in,personally I always plan out everything when I do a build and timing for the engine parts is too early as the chassis needs to be done first.

mattybr5
4th November 2012, 21:37
p1 andy is looking into the cams ect for a group buy im sure he will update us as and when he has details then we can at least get them going hopefully

frank the timing doesnt affect the price from what i can see its just the numbers the more we ge the better the price basically id like to get a order going soon as really as ordering just after xmas means they would be ready for april time id want mine on the road and tested for that for a poss trip to the n.ring in may id like to go in the car if poss it would all be a little tight so we would have to jump on the order sooner than later whats your time plan for the engine build??

rb268
5th November 2012, 08:42
Up for a depost to day a
Any one else

mattybr5
5th November 2012, 09:06
as i sid rb there isnt enough numbers for a group buy so no savings to be hd you might aswell go diret if you want to order today as it will be the same price 2975+vat fella i dont want to pay that if we can get a group buy on after xmas and save a good chunk of money

PS-06
5th November 2012, 09:09
Matt, if everyone really wants to go and order asap, than I need to switsch stuff arround because such a big saving will be dumb to walk out on. My plan to start the engine build was after the winter, start collecting stuff over the winter and start building somewhere arround summer. But absolute in no hurry as I want everything according to my plan/needs and if it takes a bit longer than I don't mind as long as it's good.

mattybr5
5th November 2012, 10:31
ok frank it makes sense and with a 14week turn around time its not llike were getting them soon:(

i count 4 then at the moment then does anyone want to jump in quick or know of anyone so we can get the price down some more all 100% interested parties ready to order please ad the name

1.....mattybr5

rb268
5th November 2012, 13:48
Willing to pay now
Can some one put my name in thanks

p1prodrive
5th November 2012, 16:34
1 - mattybr5
2 - p1prodrive
3 - rb268

PS-06
5th November 2012, 19:41
1 - mattybr5
2 - p1prodrive
3 - rb268
4 - Frank (will pay asan)

rb268
6th November 2012, 08:06
What happen now

mattybr5
6th November 2012, 08:42
Ok we'll I was hoping maybe one more would jump on to make a 5 which would have been nice andy you sure you don't want a nice new crankshaft:)

Ok il message Russell now explaining the situation and the numbers and ask him how we pay if he wants to do it separately or as one then we sort it from there hopefully by the we of the day we will have the order put in lads:)

mattybr5
6th November 2012, 08:47
Ok another note what pistons are people planning to run??i can get hold of wiseco 97.5mm stoker pistons for under 300 quid the set of 4 if we paired up and brought 3 sets per pair we have our 6 pistons for 450 a set if 6 we might even able get a better deal on them also:)

PS-06
6th November 2012, 14:23
Ok we'll I was hoping maybe one more would jump on to make a 5 which would have been nice andy you sure you don't want a nice new crankshaft:)

Ok il message Russell now explaining the situation and the numbers and ask him how we pay if he wants to do it separately or as one then we sort it from there hopefully by the we of the day we will have the order put in lads:)

Just give it an other week or 2, tbh timing is absolutly off for me, so the more we can save the better it is. But I think that counts for everyone ;)
Btw, with all this vat and extra costs, ect ect, what will be the excact price? shipping not included offcourse!

rb268
6th November 2012, 15:10
We need to get them order are you in or out looking for mine ASAP

rb268
11th November 2012, 16:13
What happen now

PS-06
11th November 2012, 17:17
We just wait ;)

rb268
11th November 2012, 17:43
cant wait m8

mattybr5
11th November 2012, 18:09
For thoses who carnt wait at te moment there not enough to get a discount on the group buy I'm afraid so you might aswell order your own as they be the same price for 1 2 or 3 it's only after 3 we get a discount I'm afraid so no point waiting about