PDA

View Full Version : Garrett GTX and GT range pricing

Area Six
9th December 2010, 14:57
Prices excluding Turbine Housings (CHRA + comp cover only)

GT3071R 1080
GT3076R 1090

GTX3071R 1100
GTX3076R 1100

GTX range will bolt directly in to the equivalent GT turbine housing. T3 flanged GT turbine Housings with 4 bolt discharge 270. A/R housings are 0.63, 0.82 and 1.06. The same range of housings with a V Band discharge are also available.

GT series in Subaru turbine housing (ala MD321 T & H spec) are 1380

I can also provide the GT35 + GTX35 units, along with internally gated options with T3 and T25 flanged options.

Prices exclude plumbing and installation hardware.

If you want a 'custom' turbo for a specific goal (i.e. alternate surge margin for higher boost at lower revs) then I have options available.

Cheers

Ian H

Ren
9th December 2010, 15:52
Inc or ex vat?

Area Six
9th December 2010, 15:57
All inc + 10 P&P

Mr J
9th December 2010, 17:39
What turbos an be had with a T4 divided vband turbine housing?

Also how much is GTX4202R chra+comp?

/Jan

Area Six
10th December 2010, 15:02
There are a good few with T4 option and V band, but as you are asking about a GT4202, I take it you want a 1100+HP single turbo? This range limits your choice, and I only deal with garrett 'based' units, so if best value is desired, then a Turbonetics is good, but a little heavy. GT42 have huge turbines and aren't exactly easily tuned......It's not something I would consider myself. The GTX4202R cost approx 2200 ATM. This isn't a quote!

Duncan Graham
10th December 2010, 15:35
Who are you btw ?

JP
10th December 2010, 16:23
Originally posted by Duncan Graham:
Who are you btw ? The very same words I used when you said "you Jag?" at Paul's not too long ago! ;)

Mr J
10th December 2010, 17:21
Originally posted by Area Six:
There are a good few with T4 option and V band, but as you are asking about a GT4202, I take it you want a 1100+HP single turbo? This range limits your choice, and I only deal with garrett 'based' units, so if best value is desired, then a Turbonetics is good, but a little heavy. GT42 have huge turbines and aren't exactly easily tuned......It's not something I would consider myself. The GTX4202R cost approx 2200 ATM. This isn't a quote! Well will haven non drag setup as well, so Was after something smaller then a GT37R and faster spooling that could be fited to the 4-2 headers I have from Gazza.

If a GTX3082r can be had with T4 divided it would be a nice fast spooling setup, that could make some power.
If Andy doesn't wake up and answer my pm that is ;)

Andy Hughes
10th December 2010, 19:16
Originally posted by Duncan Graham:
Who are you btw ? you would probebly get the same question asked to you if you went on any ford forum duncan,
ian has been in the ford scene since as long as i can remember, and is very well respected within the ford community, he works along side harvey gibb and ahmed bajoo in building and engine dyno tuning, and has produced astonishing results from duratec engines seeing 800+ on various builds.
he is a very clever guy and also very helpfull too.
i ordered a GTX3076 stock mount from him and recieved it yesterday.

andy h

Ren
10th December 2010, 19:52
I wanna see what the 3071's do

Duncan Graham
10th December 2010, 20:45
Originally posted by andyscoobym3:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Duncan Graham:
Who are you btw ? you would probebly get the same question asked to you if you went on any ford forum duncan,
ian has been in the ford scene since as long as i can remember, and is very well respected within the ford community, he works along side harvey gibb and ahmed bajoo in building and engine dyno tuning, and has produced astonishing results from duratec engines seeing 800+ on various builds.
he is a very clever guy and also very helpfull too.
i ordered a GTX3076 stock mount from him and recieved it yesterday.

andy h </font>[/QUOTE]Have never been into the Ford tuning scene Andy. Was just I didn't know who he was - have done a google search and found out now.

Andy Hughes
10th December 2010, 20:48
no probs bud

Justin A
10th December 2010, 23:55
Originally posted by Ren:
I wanna see what the 3071's do +1 rotated twin entry

Lateral Performance Ltd
12th December 2010, 09:41
Originally posted by Ren:
I wanna see what the 3071's do Watch another space ;)

Justin, I doubt Garrett will make a twin entry exhaust housing for the 3071, but the MD321 version could always be rotated.

It will be interesting to see on how an 11 blade GTX compressor wheel is going to perform over a 6 blade. You would expect an 11 blade to weigh much more, and having a much bigger surface area, be a lot laggier.

It will also be interesting to see just where the original size exhaust wheels start to choke up on the Subaru's, because their size haven't changed.

Mark.

Andy Hughes
12th December 2010, 10:28
Originally posted by Lateral Performance Ltd:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ren:
I wanna see what the 3071's do You would expect an 11 blade to weigh much more, and having a much bigger surface area, be a lot laggier.

Mark. </font>[/QUOTE]probebly, but you would be talking mili seconds, the human would not be able to notice this, it would be that small if any, for the gain in power its massively worth it, otherwise GARRETT would not have developed these wheels.
the main objective with these GTX turbos is, you can now have the power of a gt35r with the spool of the gt3076r. massive jump forward imo.

andy h

ScoobyDan
12th December 2010, 13:57
In time, will there be an option to upgrade an existing MD321t with a GTX wheel or core ?
More importantly, will it be cost effective or should I just sell my T and buy a V or the GTX equivalent ?

pat
12th December 2010, 14:03
Andy,

Developing a compressor wheel and deploying it sensibly are not synonymous. Garrett are no stranger to putting together combinations that just "don't work"... try fitting a GT2876R if you doubt that statement. On the flip side of that they have made awesome units like the GT3071R, GT3582R, GT4088R etc.

The GTX3071R will be interesting (as a GT3076R replacement). The GTX3076R may not be, in the same way the GT2876R isn't. The GTX3582R should be interesting again.

Cheers,

Pat.

Andy Hughes
12th December 2010, 14:13
i understand that pat and very good point, i have a GTX3076 ready to go on my car stock mount, and i am having a syvecs in the new year, i am very willing to borrow my car to you if you want to do a back to back test, on your equivalent or the new md equivalent.

andy h

Lateral Performance Ltd
12th December 2010, 18:16
Originally posted by ScoobyDan:
In time, will there be an option to upgrade an existing MD321t with a GTX wheel or core ?
More importantly, will it be cost effective or should I just sell my T and buy a V or the GTX equivalent ? Dan,

A lot will depend on what power you're wanting to increase to, but there will certainly be billet up grades for the MD321 series in the very near future.

I wouldn't sell the turbo yet, certainly until we've finished testing.

Andy,

You could easily be talking several hundred RPM, and that's something most humans would notice ;)

pat
12th December 2010, 18:45
Andy,

Since I have yet to actually work with a GTX3076R I may be way off the mark; in fact I hope I am, always good to see alternatives appear...

That said, I expect the GTX3076R to be similar in character to the GT3040R, albeit with less inertia, but ultimately strangled in the same way by an under-sized turbine for the compressor flow. This would probably work out OK on an engine that delivers more blow-down energy, thereby raising the stagnation pressure without increasing EGBP, but in an application such as a Subaru EJ most of that blow-down energy is lost in the runners, most likely with an increase in entropy. I was never too keen on the compromise that the GT3040R required; spool later compared to GT3076R but not far in front of a GT3582R yet not being able to get close to the GT3582R on flow.... that said I'de expect it to work reasonably well on a 4G63 or SR20. Indeed I suspect the GTX3076R will work well on that type of engine too, but Subarus are fussy about what does and doesn't work well.

Thanks for the offer of borrowing the car for testing. Could be an interesting test smile.gif Will have to see what is available at the time...

Cheers,

Pat.

Andy Hughes
12th December 2010, 20:49
[/qb]You could easily be talking several hundred RPM, and that's something most humans would notice ;) [/QB][/QUOTE]

the GTX3076r has the same turbine as the GT3076 with a slightly larger comp wheel, yet billet. so as we know its primarily the turbine that typically dictates spool, so it could only be slightly more inertia needed to get this CRA spinning. its probebly pointless speculating on spool charictaristics until any item is tested. but imo i realy think 200rpm would be an exaggeration. :D

andy h

Andy Hughes
12th December 2010, 20:57
Originally posted by pat:

Thanks for the offer of borrowing the car for testing. Could be an interesting test smile.gif Will have to see what is available at the time...

Cheers,

Pat. no probs pat smile.gif

Lateral Performance Ltd
13th December 2010, 09:08
Originally posted by andyscoobym3:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> You could easily be talking several hundred RPM, and that's something most humans would notice ;) [/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]the GTX3076r has the same turbine as the GT3076 with a slightly larger comp wheel, yet billet. so as we know its primarily the turbine that typically dictates spool, so it could only be slightly more inertia needed to get this CRA spinning. its probebly pointless speculating on spool charictaristics until any item is tested. but imo i realy think 200rpm would be an exaggeration. :D

andy h [/QB][/QUOTE]

Not so. The compressor wheel has just as big an influence on spool, as the exhaust wheel. It may be billet, but it has nearly twice as many blades, much more surface area, and a bigger diameter.

I would agree that it's all speculation, but we're always going to look at something new, and try and work out how it's going to perform.

Mark.

Andy Hughes
13th December 2010, 18:14
Not so. The compressor wheel has just as big an influence on spool, as the exhaust wheel. It may be billet, but it has nearly twice as many blades, much more surface area, and a bigger diameter.

Mark.

mmm, the comp wheel is slightly larger, its not exactly the wheel of fortune.the comp wheel does NOT have as much influence on spool as th turbine. we will have to agree to disagree again on the fundimental operation of a turbo.

lets get this tested and put this to bed.

andy h

Matt R
23rd December 2010, 10:19
Can you do a Billet wheel for a 4088r?

Matt R
23rd December 2010, 10:19
Can you do a Billet wheel for a 4088r?