PDA

View Full Version : Magnecor KV85 Ignition Leads

Tone Loc
26th September 2005, 12:35
Anybody interested in the above see:

Scaabynet Group Buy (http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=459622)

Should have prices tomorrow.

Tony.

jim.....
26th September 2005, 14:53
Yep count us in, could try and get a plug GB going as well??

Andrew Carr
26th September 2005, 14:59
I'll stick with the OEM crap for now smile.gif

Steven
26th September 2005, 18:50
Just for interest, the ones that were on the Trout car, i think were Magnecor, and were utter sh1te. The slightest touch and the silicone would snap leaving a point for it to arc from.

Ended up putting OEM stuff on, and it runs fine.

David_Wallis
26th September 2005, 19:05
Yep they were shit.

I run OEM too.. fine at around 600bhp.

David

Tone Loc
26th September 2005, 19:55
From the pics i have of trouts car they look like the 5 a go ones from Halfords, forget the name.

As far as i'm aware magnecor don't do yellow and the ends of the leasd look nothing like the ones on Trouts :confused:

The problem is i have no OEM leasd and cheeky breakers want 40 for a used set!!!!

Tony.

David_Wallis
26th September 2005, 22:24
Tony, the yellow ones were halfords and were good.

The red ones I snappped and I felt like a rapist when steven, pat and mark saw.. I just thought 7am 18 - 24 cans of fosters might have caused it but no.. steven or someone did the same... so not my fault :D

Personally, I would be happier with nology or MSD leads, and if you fancy a GB from the states then im in..(as that where I found them)

Tone Loc
27th September 2005, 21:58
So the yellow Halfords cheapies were good.... maybe that's my best bet then :D

I want to spend as little money as possible, i'll see what the prices are from the states.

Tony.

David_Wallis
27th September 2005, 23:29
ok, sorry to add a dampener to your gb.. I will delete my posts at your requests, but would hate to see a fellow northerner upset.. steven knows I can be rough, and I saw his face when I shafted one lead.. I think 2 or 3 others felt the same punishment! and to be fair trout never really tinkered with his car like, me & steven etc.

David

Steven
28th September 2005, 07:41
Tony, do not buy the Yellow sets. David is getting slightly confuddled with his colours i think (prob due to the earlyness of the morning when he broke one of the originals)

The Trout car, has always had Yellow plug leads, which having now looked at the box the latest set came with, they are NOT magnecor (cant remember the name)

The 1st set, survived the ownership of Trout, but broke all too easily when we did the engine swap before TOTB.

Mark had some more, totally unused and brand new, and on the install of this engine, they were used.

After the running in period, the defi egt sensor was knacked, so a new one had to be installed. To do this meant removing the coil pack. As i pulled, gently, on the lead it came off the coil. No problems, untill i came to refit it, when i noticed the silicone had cracked 75% of the circumference of the lead, just behind the crimp for the coil connection.

We taped this up as a stop gap until we got some more leads. Upon running in this spec, the spark was being blown out at 1bar, even with MSD.

Some OEM leads were found, and are far more durable, and have a tougher feel. Whacked them on, and no misfire.

I will be sticking with OEM, so will Mark, David uses OEM, so does Andy.

Have you got a price from a dealer yet? Think i got 2 for 20 or something for my MY00.

Steven

Slooby
28th September 2005, 07:49
Were the yellow ones 'Hotleads'?

Tone Loc
28th September 2005, 18:19
LOL... i shall stear clear of the Halfords yellow specials smile.gif .

Personally i would like to go OEM but there is no way i'm paying 40 for an unknown used set. If i can get them for 20 for 2 from a dealer then i'm in smile.gif

If not Magnecor for about 65 in the GB was an option... i had a set of these on an renault 2.0 and was very very impressed with the quality.

Tony.

PS Don't worry about bringing a downer on the GB David ;) the way i feel at the moment leads are really not that important :D (Not eaten for nearly a week now :( :( )

Tone Loc
29th September 2005, 11:08
Friendly dealer has been phoned... new price for leads is 57 inc vat for the 4. So 40 for a used set is :eek: .

I shall try to get the used set for 25 ;)

Tony.

Slooby
29th September 2005, 11:19
Don't bother, buy new

Steven
29th September 2005, 11:36
Agreed

Tone Loc
29th September 2005, 11:38
But i'm as tight as they come... ;)

Turns out i may have a different car in a few days anyway :D

Tony.

David_Wallis
29th September 2005, 15:55
ring howard at hdc and beg

Tone Loc
29th September 2005, 19:42
I'm hanging fire at the moment, as by chance the car i looked at had some HT leads already on :D

Tony.