PDA

View Full Version : And for my next group buy...

Slooby
23rd June 2005, 12:09
I've been looking at seats :D

Moray, please can you leave this here in Anything Else for now, I'll start a new thread in the Group Buy section if people are interested.

Anyway, back on topic...

I've been looking around at seats for my car and came across some eBay specials that looked a bit familiar. It looks like I may have stumbled upon the manufacturer of a well respected brand of seat, but with prices considerably lower. At the present these seats aren't FIA approved, but I'm told they will be very soon, just paperwork left to sort out. Yesterday I popped along to have a look at them and I'm very impressed

At the moment the UK importer is only bringing in one size, which is about the same as a Standard Sparco EVO, a little tight for me, but ok for those with slimmer hips ;) Anyway, there are three styles currently to choose from, the difference predominantly being in the height and shape of the side bolster as these images show:

http://images.fotopic.net/?iid=ycv49p&outx=600&noresize=1&nostamp=1

http://images.fotopic.net/?iid=ycv49o&outx=600&noresize=1&nostamp=1

http://images.fotopic.net/?iid=ycv49q&outx=600&noresize=1&nostamp=1

As you can see their a side mount seat so these need to be bought as well. They're available in three colours; Black, Blue and Red and available in three different materials; GRP, Carbon and Carbon/Kevlar obviously the GRP seats are the cheapest and the Carbon/Kevlar ones the most expensive. Weight wise there's little in it between each version, all around 5kg each.

Now I've only got a price for the Carbon version at the moment and they're selling for 250 quid

I've yet to ask about group buy prices, and need to get a quote for the larger size seat (I'm think of asking for a seat the same size as a Sparco EVO L)...the importer has already said there would a be a discount available for over 4 seats.

So is anyone interested?

Race Altered
23rd June 2005, 12:44
have been looking at getting seats recently smile.gif

how would these compare to Recaro's furious ?

[ 23. June 2005, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: sti-uk ]

IMPREZATURBS
23rd June 2005, 12:58
what does the oem turbo impreza seat with the runners weigh? I know they are heavy.
I was gonna stick in a cobra seat i've got kickin about, cos its fairly light with the runners.
but now you have brought these to my attention. . .

whats the weight difference between the different materials?

and the BIG question is how much is the cheapest one? :D

Adamantium
23rd June 2005, 13:25
are corbeau seats any good? because one of my clients has been working very closely with them and I can probably get us some incredible prices by speaking directly to the boss.

David_Wallis
23rd June 2005, 13:33
and the BIG question is how much is the cheapest one?Ill second that.

Slooby
23rd June 2005, 14:12
Originally posted by LEGACYTURBS:
and the BIG question is how much is the cheapest one? :D Under 200 is all I can remember, I would like to think around the 150 mark ideally ;)

Oddly when I tried each of the different types I thought that the GRP seat was the lightest, with very little in it between them all really, possibly 1kg if that, although the Carbon Kevlar seat was the heaviest. The real difference is in the strength of each seat, the more expensive the seat the stronger it is.

Adam, Corbeau are a bit 'budget' IMHO, they seem to be popular, along with Cobra, with the Lacks Power crowd ;) Cobra do make some very good seats...but they're almost as expensive as the equivalent Recaros.

I've been keeping my eye on the Sparco EVO Range, Motordrive and funnily enough the Recaro Furious...from what I can see the Recaro Furious and Motordrive seats look remarkably similar to these...especially when I saw this lable for myself yesterday:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/zafeiropoulos/ebay/seat/2.JPG

;)

Adamantium
23rd June 2005, 14:21
Can these seats be attached to runners wihch still allow at least one of them to pivot forwards?

IMPREZATURBS
23rd June 2005, 14:27
the more expensive the seat the stronger it is.

are you planning to crash, or sumot?

Slooby
23rd June 2005, 14:30
Adam, yes, you can buy a kit with runners and side mounts...although it would sit a little higher

No, I'm not planning to crash, but I'm not exactly lightweight and I'm also going to need to transport Pat on the odd occaision ;)

Adamantium
23rd June 2005, 14:38
runners implies it slides forwadrs and backwards, I am talking about tilting to let people sit in the back.

Slooby
23rd June 2005, 14:54
Demon Tweeks used to sell runners with a tip facility, but I can't find them in the current catalogue

drb5=Dave McD
23rd June 2005, 15:53
Waiting on some Sparco Roadster ones meself. ;)

Blackadder
23rd June 2005, 17:11
Anyone want to buy a pair of used but immaculate Recaro SPG's with side mounts, but will need runners to adapt to a Scoob. 495 ovno the pair?

Race Altered
23rd June 2005, 17:38
Originally posted by Slooby:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by LEGACYTURBS:
and the BIG question is how much is the cheapest one? :D Under 200 is all I can remember, I would like to think around the 150 mark ideally ;) </font>[/QUOTE]150 a seat sounds good how much for runners ?

Slooby
23rd June 2005, 17:54
They weren't so cheap...85 quid for the runners and alloy side mounts...Demon Tweeks had cheaper options...

Andy Peanuts
23rd June 2005, 18:33
I'd be in on this, 2 fronts.
Again, Ive also been looking ats eats recently in planning for a bit of a diet.
Sparco evo's were on my list also, but for say 220 a side incl. runners I would have to think long and hard before putting my cash elsewhere.

good one

IMPREZATURBS
23rd June 2005, 20:44
perhaps one set of runners can be purchased and copied by someone. i am friendly with an emgineering firm on my estate, if i can get them a picture they may be able to quote me happy?

David_Wallis
24th June 2005, 08:18
they arent simple iirc

David

Slooby
24th June 2005, 09:04
The side mounts typically look like this:

http://www.cobraseats.com/imx/mh_side1.jpg

The sliding subframe however is a tad more complicated:

http://www.cobraseats.com/imx/mh_sub1.jpg

Adam, I found that OMP offer an adapter to allow seats to tip...only thing is I suspect you wouldn't be able to tip a fixed back seat very far

Our only issue is with the way subaru mount the stock seats on runners fixed to the transmission tunnel and the sills...obviously we're going to need adapters...still, it might mean that the original runners could be used...

Mr J
24th June 2005, 14:34
Tim

I think this is something I Like to buy :D

cheape is good, if there also really light that is ;) :D arraound 5.5-6Kg/seat is good smile.gif

Jan

Simon_
25th June 2005, 22:43
I might be in the market for a OE wagon interior if one became available after replacement seats from the group buy?? smile.gif

Simon

RSVR Racer
26th June 2005, 16:29
Simon, I have a very clean oe MY96 rear seat set if your interested (from a wagon)

Conrad

Slooby
27th June 2005, 16:10
Right, I've had a price back now for the enlarged versions of the seats...

225 quid each, in Carbon Fibre, with FIA approval, available for despatch from the UK 5-6 weeks from all the orders being placed...the catch being we'd need to order 10 and pay up-front.

I'll ask for prices with the sidemounts when I next speak to the chap confirming the dimensions (basically Sparco EVO L), but how many of you are interested at this price?

Slooby - 2 Seats
A N Other - 2 Seats

Simon_
28th June 2005, 10:57
Originally posted by Conrad.:
Simon, I have a very clean oe MY96 rear seat set if your interested (from a wagon)

Conrad trying to get rid of my UK96 interior.. it is only fit for burning..

Simon smile.gif

Slooby
28th June 2005, 22:17
So, basically, apart from myself and A N Other no one's interested then? :(

David_Wallis
29th June 2005, 12:34
Simon, make me an offer for mine.

David

Simon_
29th June 2005, 13:14
Originally posted by David Wallis:
Simon, make me an offer for mine.

David I saw you mention yours was for sale.. but I was suprized you didn;t pay northern money for them..
smile.gif

If I am paying proper money for proper condition ones then I need to wait until I have some proper money, especially after a couple of mapping related expenses are on the horizon (laptop, GEMs lead, Datalogit etc).. :(

Simon

[ 29. June 2005, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: Simon_ ]

Adamantium
29th June 2005, 15:39
Tim, what kind of weight saving are we talking on two seats?

Am a little confised by these rails and altering them to allow the seat to tip.

Slooby
29th June 2005, 16:05
Adam, I would guess that you would be looking at a saving of at least 40kg, possibly more if you replaced the standard front seats for a pair of these ones.

What I meant about altering the rails was that the standard seats are mounts on rails attached to the side of the transmission tunnel/sill not the floor of the car. As I understand it a bracket needs to be made up to fix to the original seat ancorages and the new seat side mount brackets. I need to look at the car more closely, so I can work out if it would be possible to use the original runners, attach a typing frame to them and then the new side mounts and seats.

Have a look here (http://performancecentre.carpartsdata.com/?404;http://performancecentre.carpartsdata.com/p/Home.asp) and you will see what I mean about the OMP tipping unit (about halfway down the page)

Race Altered
29th June 2005, 17:38

225 quid each, in Carbon Fibre, with FIA approval, available for despatch from the UK 5-6 weeks from all the orders being placed...the catch being we'd need to order 10 and pay up-front.

I'll ask for prices with the sidemounts when I next speak to the chap confirming the dimensions (basically Sparco EVO L), but how many of you are interested at this price?

Slooby - 2 Seats
A N Other - 2 Seats Is that not only saving 25 per seat on the original price ?

Which seat would it be the SP1, 2 or 3

Finally ;) what seat runners are compatible ?

Slooby
29th June 2005, 18:21
It is 'only' a saving of 25 quid per seat, but they are bigger seats which would be custom made to our requested dimensions...just to put that into perspective though a similar seat in carbon with a well known lable would cost around 675 quid! :D

I was thinking of the SP1 style seat because it has the lowest sides, which makes getting in and out a little easier.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by 'What seat runners are compatible?' :confused:

Race Altered
29th June 2005, 19:23
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by 'What seat runners are compatible?' :confused: What seats runners as in do Cobra ones fit these seats or are there other manufacturers as well, I would prefer to fix them with sliding runners smile.gif

What about the ones here (http://performancecentre.carpartsdata.com/?404;http://performancecentre.carpartsdata.com/p/Home.asp) or are there cheaper available, can the supplier sort runners ?

Slooby
29th June 2005, 20:01
The supplier can provide the alloy side mounts (similar to the Cobra ones) and a runner kit if required for 85 quid...that was his list price at least ;)

I've got a feeling that the original Subaru runners could be re-used, I need to have a look at them in more detail next time I'm down in Kent. In which case we would only need the side mounts, and to make some form of bracket adapter to fit the mounts to the runners.

Race Altered
29th June 2005, 21:17
OK smile.gif if the original seat runners could be used in some way with just the need for the brackets it would be good.

"but they are bigger seats which would be custom made to our requested dimensions"

what if we just went for the std size are they more off the shelf and maybe cheaper ?

Slooby
29th June 2005, 21:46
The standard size is...erm...a tad 'snug' if your male, over 5 foot 10, have played any rugby, weigh over 12 stone or have a waist size greater than 30 inches

Try and measure the width of your thighs when sitting comfortably...if you are less than 400mm wide then you'll fit...if, like me, your larger than that you won't...unless you like pain that is, don't plan to have any kids and want to sing castrato ;)

Mr J
30th June 2005, 16:13
Tim I like 2 seats will have to confirm what sizes etc and modell, I do want high sides on mine and like to know ~differsces in price and weight for crabon vs. not..

Jan

Slooby
30th June 2005, 16:51
Jan, the price was dependant on us buying 10 seats of one type all in the same (larger - custom) size in Carbon. I'm not sure what the price would be for GRP, and was told if it was to be made in GRP there would be a noticable ridge down the back and underside where the extra width had been added.

Model wise I was thinking of just going for the SP-1-C style seat because it has the lowest sides making getting in and out of them a little easier.

Race Altered
30th June 2005, 18:35

Slooby - 2 Seats
A N Other - 2 Seats Slooby - 2 Seats
A N Other - 2 Seats
STi RA - 2 seats / runners etc (if price is good)

Mr J
2nd July 2005, 08:19
Tim,

OK I se... I think I'm kind of small for large ones...maybe...doing my best to keep my weight down since it's cheaper then lightning the car ;)

But hey if the price is good might get some anyway smile.gif

What is the seats weight ?

Jan

Slooby
2nd July 2005, 08:29
Jan, did you measure yourself? Could you fit between the 400mm measurement as I described earlier?

When I met you a few weeks ago, I know that you were smaller than Jerry (not that hard I know ;) ) but certainly didn't regard you as stick thin like David, Steven and Paul who would fit in the samller seat! I know what you mean about keeping your own weight down though, wighing in at 105kg I'm currently on another diet to shift at least 15kg (ideally 20) to get me down to a size that would be comfortable in the 'large' seat (ie under 14 stone for the brits reading this from 16St 7lb).

Seat weight is going to be around 6kg I think plus whatever mounts are used.

Mr J
4th July 2005, 10:31
Tim, did try the cobra seats, standard ones and I fitted quite ok in them a little tight but Ok.

Well I think I'm ~80kg, or 176Ibs and will probobly be closer to 165 as soon as my damage knee i s better, so I swim a cross my lake and back ;) :D

Jan

WUZ
4th July 2005, 23:55
Slooby - I'M in!

Slooby - 2 Seats
A N Other - 2 Seats
STi RA - 2 seats / runners etc (if price is good)
WUZ - 2 seats (SP-1-C in Black)with runners if price is good!

Can I assume that, like the SP-1-C picture, we can have them with no logo on the top?

Russell

[ 07. July 2005, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: WUZ ]

Slooby
5th July 2005, 08:23
Russell, I will find out...so we need 2 more seats to be spoken for (in the large size) and this should be a goer :D

Paul@Zen
5th July 2005, 09:01
Just picked up a seat, the quality is excellent!

Slooby
5th July 2005, 09:35
:cool: was wondering if you were going to get round to it Paul ;)

Mr J
5th July 2005, 10:20
Paul what ver. of seat did you get ?

Jan

WUZ
5th July 2005, 12:08
OK guys - I'L stand by.

One problem is that i am away offshore (INDIA) in 2 weeks time for a 28 days rotation. I will havew email but won't be able to send a cheque to anyone.

Will they be ready B4 I get back (17th August) as it was said you needed paid up front?

Russell

Race Altered
5th July 2005, 12:21
Originally posted by Mr J:
Paul what ver. of seat did you get ?

Jan 2nd that, I really need to go sit in a recaro one to compare size.

Slooby
5th July 2005, 21:26
Paul got the 'Slim Jim' ;) standard version of the seat, which is 400mm wide when measure on the inside of the base sides (470mm outside), this is the only size of seat available at the moment.

The larger size will be a custom build, I was thinking along the lines of a seat the same size as the Sparco EVO L (or EVO2 as it was originally called).

Russel, I would hope if this is going to happen we would having this in hand within the next 2 weeks.

WUZ
6th July 2005, 00:28
Cool - I'll be lurking around here to see how progress is going!

Russell

Mr J
6th July 2005, 08:01
Tim, is only the SP1 or the SP2 also availibel in slim Jim size ;) ..thinking I will get one of each...size...

If the SP2 or 3's is avaible in stock size I think I will get that, since my car isn't for everyday driving anyway :D

Paul@Zen
6th July 2005, 08:25
I just fit nicely in a slim jim seat, and I am not even above average in the size stakes!

Slooby
6th July 2005, 09:46
Jan, all the varients of the seats are only available in the smaller size at the moment, the larger size will be a new varient, I was thinking that the SP1 would be the most sensible option for a car used on the road beacuse the sides are lower and would make getting in and out a little easier...

Paul, you certainly aren't above average size, you're well below it ;) Small enough to use a stick of bamboo for camouflage tongue.gif whereas I struggle to hide behind a mature oak :rolleyes:

WUZ
6th July 2005, 10:57
Slooby - sounds like you and I suffer from the same "genetic disorder" :D

16 stone, 6'1" and 36" waist = WHOLE LOTTA LOVIN! :D

Russell

Slooby
6th July 2005, 11:24
Russell, 16.5 stone, 6+ foot and a far bigger waist than I've ever had in my life ie wishing I could fit into a 36 inch waist, let alone my more normal 34 :(

WUZ
6th July 2005, 23:23
That's why we buy RA's...........to complement our figures :D

Russell

ps - any updates on mounting brackets for these seats?

Slooby
6th July 2005, 23:29
Thing is, I don't own an RA, mind you when I bought the Impreza I was 25 and weighed 13.5 stone...being a 30 something has taken it's toll ;)

I'll give the chap a call in the morning about mounts...

Mr J
7th July 2005, 06:27
Tim , my car will be far from road car..., that why I don't like the SP1 ;)

I putting in a roll cage next week and start removing some of the things not needed in it :D

I will have to have a look @ what size the stanard cobra seats as I fit in them smile.gif , when I tried it @deamon tweeks

Jan

Slooby
7th July 2005, 16:35
Jan, and everyone, I've spoken to the supplier again today and he's willing to extend the group buy to cover whatever size/style seats we want, which is good news!

The side mounts are 40 quid per seat from him with the group buy

Unfortunately he can't delete the embroidered Border logo, but I guess it could be dyed if that's a problem.

WUZ
8th July 2005, 00:13
NAH! I'll sort something out!

Russell

ps - if we buy a pair of seats will he do the lot (ie, 2 SP-1-C in Black with side mounts) for 500 + delivery?

GO ON! Ask him. You never know!

Slooby
8th July 2005, 07:50
I suspect he probably would...I will ask him a bit later ;)

Slooby
8th July 2005, 10:15
Right, I have spoken to the supplier and he's prepared to do the deal on:

2 x Carbon Fibre Seats (size and style of our choosing)
2 x sets of Alloy Side mounts

For 500 GBP :D

Delivery and runners (if required) extra.

As a guide Parcel force charge him aroiund 35 GBP / seat for delivery :eek:

But I can collect them from him and distribute them via other channels ;)

Carlos13
8th July 2005, 10:40
Slooby I am very interested in this. I have been looking at Sparco and also the Cobra Evo's.

I have read and re-read the thread numerous times, but not sure I have completely grasped it!

So we are talking about Motordrive seats badged "Border"?

We can specify any style/size we want (I want high sided in a "3" kind of size based on www.motordrive.com (http://www.motordrive.com) sizes).

I have standard subaru subframes, we need some kind of adapter to attached the sidemounts to this?

If all this is true, put me on the list, how do you want us to specify style/size?

Slooby
8th July 2005, 11:18
No, it turns out they are not Motordrive seats, the Tiawanese manufacturer thought the logo was cool :rolleyes: They will not have Motordrive's logo on for obvious reasons. However they certainly seem every bit as well made as the Motordrive seats I have seen.

If you're talking about 'Pro 3' seats then that is the custom size I've been asking them to make, although it is more likely to be the Same as a Sparco EVO L (EVO 2 as it was previously known)

I have yet to work out if the standard Subaru runners can be used, I know that to fit side mounted brackets into a subaru you need to fabricate an adapter bracket to fixe to the sill/tranmission tunnel runner fixings

I'll work out some size options and post them up later

Carlos13
8th July 2005, 11:58
Ok thanks Slooby. Are we sure that the FIA accreditation isn't also being added because it looks "cool" though :rolleyes:

Slooby
8th July 2005, 13:03
I'm told that the seats will be FIA approved...but I want to verify this some how...

WUZ
8th July 2005, 14:46
Might be worth checking that out Slooby, you never can be sure if the Taiwanese manufacturer thought that an FIA approval sticker would be "cool" as well :(

Russell

Slooby
8th July 2005, 14:57
Apparently they had to do a lot of paperwork which is being sent back and forth. I know the guy is keen to get FIA approval as he's trying to sell these seats in the Drift scene over here.

Slooby
8th July 2005, 15:22
Right, spoke to one test house, they've not seen these seats...however the way it works is this:

Seats get tested to FIA standards by an independant test house (cost 2.5k)

Report submitted to the manufacturer/agent This report plus fee supplied to local Standard body who then apply to the FIA for signing off...

Off to find the only other UK test house...who all left at 4:15...bugger

WUZ
18th July 2005, 00:59
UPDATE?

Russell

Slooby
18th July 2005, 08:14
I'll go get my phone ;)

Slooby
18th July 2005, 10:44
Right, doesn't look like they were tested in the UK...Australia is more likely apparently :rolleyes: Still have been given a contact at the MSA who is now on the case with the FIA so maybe progress will be made through those channels...

Slooby
24th July 2005, 20:23
Ok, the seats are being tested in Australia (which makes sense seeing as they're made in Taiwan), the paper work has been done but the acutal test hasn't because the wrong seat fixings were supplied with the test seat. The correct parts have now been supplied to the test house and they're waiting for the tests to be fitted back into the schedule...probably another month before approval is granted...

Simon_
25th July 2005, 09:11
or not granted.. lol

Slooby
25th July 2005, 11:11
From the conversation I had with the importer yesterday they're determined to get FIA approval, they know what a difference it would make, and as they're aiming they're UK sales at the Drift scene it will be essential.

Adamantium
27th July 2005, 11:01
Tim,

for 500 snoots I might be tempted.

Am happy for just the passenger seat to tip.

Surely much of the weight saving is lost if you use the standard runners?

Do you have to butcher the standard seats to get them?

And do you have a picture of them in blue?

Slooby
27th July 2005, 11:09
No idea about the weight saving on the runners...will have to check, likewise the butchering factor.

I haven't got a picture of them in blue at the moment eiterh I'm afraid, but I would imagine it will be fairly similar to the Sparco mid blue

Race Altered
30th July 2005, 16:58
I screwed seats out today and weighed one of the fronts, 16kgs with the runners attached.

Looking at it don't see why the runners couldn't be screwed off and attached to the side mounts some way.

Did we ever get a definate weight for the SP1C's ?

Rob G
30th July 2005, 21:31
I attached my bucket seats to my std runners.
4 12mm bolts hold the runners to the seats.

However, the runners aint light..

Rob

Race Altered
1st August 2005, 18:30
weighed both individually smile.gif

seat 12kgs runner 4kgs

Slooby
1st August 2005, 21:48
Sorry no definative weight, perhaps Paul could check his one for us if he get's a chance? Only problem is I've no idea how much extra the larger seat would weigh...

I certainly won't be fitting runners with my seats though :D

Mr J
10th August 2005, 14:45
Well big q's is how much would it cost to have to seats sent to Sweden... :eek:

Maybe will be chaper to come and collect them myself...along with some other parts :D

Jan

Slooby
10th August 2005, 18:00
Jan, I suspect you'll be coming over on another long drive ;)

Henrik
11th August 2005, 08:13
Jan, sounds like a plan and perhaps you can take two seats for me too :D :D

/Henrik

Race Altered
22nd August 2005, 21:33
Any further developments smile.gif

Slooby
22nd August 2005, 22:45
Not yet :rolleyes:

Slooby
25th August 2005, 12:47
Ok, more news...

FIA tests in Australia have been abandond, they're now going to be done in the UK mid September.

The test are going to be carried out on one style (SP-3) of seat and in 2 materials only, Carbon Kevlar and Kevlar.

This will mean that only one style and size of seat will be approved for now, any custom or different styles won't be FIA approved, however they will be built to the same standard.

Adamantium
25th August 2005, 15:58
so 500 for a 7kg per seat saving, assuming I am using the original runners?

Not for me thanks, too many compromises and costs for too little return.

Just saved 12.5 kg on the battery alone for 74!

Bob D
25th August 2005, 17:30
Adam: I cant see how you saved 12.5kg on the battery? That would mean your old battery was 19.2kgs?

I thought they were more like 14-15kgs?

Bob

Bob D
25th August 2005, 17:38
and regarding postage costs...DHL charge around 10 for anything upto 25kgs.

Who's the supplier?

Bob

Slooby
25th August 2005, 17:57
A new outfit trying to make a name for themselves in the drift scene, calling themselves Kudo Racing

Adamantium
26th August 2005, 13:50
Bob, my old battery is a bosch battery measured at 18.8kg

the new on I thought was 6.5 so 12.3 difference.

I rounded to the nearest 0.5kg!

Paul@Zen
26th August 2005, 18:24
I have a standard seat and carbon seat with my own fixings, I will compare. The carbon seats are very light though.

wadsy
22nd September 2005, 14:09
Is anything happening with this buy?
If so I'd be interested but what's the best way to determin which size to go for?
Cheers

Slooby
22nd September 2005, 14:48
The best way to determin what size to go for is trying out a couple of seats! To give you an idea the standard size of these seats is the Same as the Sparco EVO, all fine and dandy if you don't have a waist size bigger than 32 icnhes, or weigh less than 12 stone, above that an you need a bigger seat, I certainly need the larger dimensioned Saprco EVO L at 6 foot and 16 Stone...which is about the size we were going to ask them to make the bigger seat in.

At the moment I'm waiting to hear about the FIA tests before taking this any further

wadsy
23rd September 2005, 13:38
Ok, at 12.5 stone and 33" waist I would probably need the bigger one! Cab you suggest anywhere where I could get to sit in a few different seats? I don't know of any shops other then Demon Tweeks and they're miles away from me (Reading area) Would the Auto sport show be an idea?
Cheers
Wad

Steven
23rd September 2005, 13:42
Halfords with a Ripspeed

Dyney
23rd September 2005, 19:42
What about Autocross in Wokingham?

wadsy
23rd September 2005, 20:17
Cheers guys, I'll have a look.

wadsy
8th October 2005, 18:03
Any news?
Could still be intersted, although thinking one SP1 and one SP2 with mounts if the price is right!! and feasable? (in standard size - if similar to Sparco evo)
Cheers
Wad

Slooby
9th October 2005, 00:38
Nope, no news as yet

Slooby
10th November 2005, 12:30
News!

The seats failed the first round of FIA testing at TRL :(

They suffered from some cracking around the seatbelt holes in the backrest where the harnesses would pass through. Border are now revising the design and hope to get them re-tested ASAP

Meanwhile our supplier has really started to set himself up.

He's moved to Birmingham to open up a workshop, and said he's sponsering one of the Irish D1 drift cars, as well as setting up a team for drifitng over here of his own with 6 cars! (2 x 180SX 4 x S14)

Anyway, also has a website now selling a variety of bits and is willing to discuss prices with people from 22b, which is nice...

So not happening soon, but at least it's being done right!

Kudo Racing website (http://www.kudo-r.com)

I should point out I've got no ties whatsoever with this company, I was just looking to get a good price on some seats for the group buy.

David_Wallis
10th November 2005, 14:32
so does that mean he has some non approved stock to shift? Im interested in a pair of cheap seats for mine :D

Zoidberg
10th November 2005, 14:37
so does that mean he has some non approved stock to shift? Im interested in a pair of cheap seats for mine :D that will crack if you crash? no thanks!

Slooby
10th November 2005, 14:59
so does that mean he has some non approved stock to shift? Im interested in a pair of cheap seats for mine :D Quite probably ;)

drb5=Dave McD
10th November 2005, 17:15
I'll have some fixed back Sparco Roadster 2's(USA version) with Sparco alloy adjustable side mount's for sale very soon.

Seat's can be seen here...
http://www.sparcousa.com/pseats_street.asp?id=199
They are black and haven't arrived yet. Will probably get hit with all the taxes off the day, but if anyone may be interested, give me a shout.

Bob D
19th November 2005, 13:43
so does that mean he has some non approved stock to shift? Im interested in a pair of cheap seats for mine :D Emailed them and they are after 600 for 2x SP-1-C inc sidemounts.

Slooby
19th November 2005, 14:52
That sounds about 200 over what Paul would have paid if he bought a pair, have you mentioned my name to them?

Bob D
19th November 2005, 14:59
Didn't mention any names.

Am going to Tescos in a bit so might try and name drop there for a discount ;) :D

Bob

Paul@Zen
19th November 2005, 15:42
That sounds about 200 over what Paul would have paid if he bought a pair, have you mentioned my name to them? You're having a laugh. I paid full money for my seats as they had to be flown in due to running out by the time I got there.

Subframes add a lot to the overall cost if they are included.

Paul

Slooby
19th November 2005, 20:23
Ah, that's a bugger I thought you got a seat at the discounted rate...granted the side mounts were pricey in comparrions (75 quid/seat IIRC)

Bob D
28th November 2005, 13:05
"Thanks for your understanding, as for the price; if you are buying as an individual and without side mounts, it would be 540 for a pair of carbon fiber seats.

If you gathered the forume members to have the group buy, then the price would be as i promised for TIm, 550 including side mounts.

The details and pictures are on our webside in the seat accessory section, as for the weight of the side mount it only weight not even 2kg for 1."

stevieturbo
28th November 2005, 17:41
Has anyone weighed a complete race seat and all bracketry required for fitting ?

From browsing various catalogues, most dont seem that light once everything is added together.