PDA

View Full Version : Coolant hose

Simon_
7th August 2004, 20:18
Anyone got about 75cms left over of what must be 15mm hose.. to go from header tank to turbo and from header tank to the other connection from water pump or block not sure which it is..

Just relocated mine and although the original pipes just about reach they are a little stretched and I would like the extra length to rotate the header tank so I can bolt it down better and more neatly.

I have managed to resist temptation to use some garden hose.. so far :D

Simon :D

dnb
7th August 2004, 22:52
Don't use garden hose... I did (for an emergancy) and it lasted one day before leaking...

Fortunately, I had acquired some proper hose by this time.

I've got a few cms of this hose left but I'll see what there is in the cupboard. (probably only 10 to 20 cm :( )

Simon_
8th August 2004, 08:31
okay thanks Dave smile.gif

drb5=Dave McD
8th August 2004, 09:03
i still have my v5+6 red samco coolant hoses for sale......?

dnb
9th August 2004, 08:04
I had a look last night and I can't find anything that size. All the bits I found were a bit smaller - more like the coolant "overflow" pipes. Sorry.

Simon_
9th August 2004, 08:22
Originally posted by drb5:
i still have my v5+6 red samco coolant hoses for sale......? I have a samco set already but need longer than they have within them.

Thanks anyway

Simon

Simon_
9th August 2004, 08:23
Originally posted by dnb:
I had a look last night and I can't find anything that size. All the bits I found were a bit smaller - more like the coolant "overflow" pipes. Sorry. okay no worries.. many thanks for looking Dave.

Simon

David_Wallis
9th August 2004, 08:51
fuel injection hose smile.gif

Simon_
9th August 2004, 09:00
not big enough diameter is it David?

between header tank and turbo and header tank and pump?

The other over flow pipes I have done using fuel injection hose...

Simon

drb5=Dave McD
10th August 2004, 18:04
no probs simon

last time i was in, the huge big B&Q had more than just garden hose available for sale. plenty of black stuff of different diameters. worth a try is it not?

Slooby
10th August 2004, 18:23
Halfrauds stock QH black rubber water hose on the roll in 12 and 15mm ID

Rob G
10th August 2004, 20:15
I have plenty of the pipe you need, it comes in 2m lenghths with 2 jubilee clips 3.

I have udes it for my top wat4er to turbo pipe and am usinhg it to relocate my header tank to the washer bottle location. Am sure you know but the water feed comes up from the water pump to just behind where the aircon normally sits... This is an ideal take off point if you are locating to the passenger side of the car, rather than where it comes out by the drivers side fuel rail.

Rob

p.s. if you need any give me a shout

Simon_
11th August 2004, 06:59
Thanks Tim and Rob.

Where do you get it for 3 Rob.. smile.gif

Yes I noticed the connections under where my air con was and have taken off that.. my header tank currently sits where the air con was. Due to using the original samco hoses whcih are a little too tight and the header tank is not in a position I can bolt it down.. cable tied for the moment, need to rotate it by 90.. I'll pop into Halfords and have a look.

thanks
Simon :D

Rob G
11th August 2004, 10:35
Local Motor Factors sells it

Rob

Simon_
11th August 2004, 10:42
okay great..

I was thinking I would have to buy 10metres of it or something :D

Rob G
11th August 2004, 11:30
No mate, is normally used as a replacement for most modern cars which dont have usually have the need for 10m under the bonnet...

I'll get my coat ;)

Rob

Simon_
12th August 2004, 06:04
pmsl..

Simon_
12th August 2004, 12:31
Local Factors only have 10mm stuff :rolleyes:

will try Halfrauds on the way home from Bike mot tomorrow.

Simon ;)

Simon_
13th August 2004, 20:16
All sorted, many thanks!

David_Wallis
13th August 2004, 23:24
others on there way back...

sender crossed out.. TO:

Simon_
14th August 2004, 08:31
Thanks David :D my spares for long journeys after one burst at 90mph :D