PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - Urgent

Old Trout
6th May 2004, 09:49
Low cost 6-Pot AP caliper for Scoob (drivers side, or pair if price is right)

Or loan of 6-pot AP caliper

Or loan of 4-pot Scoob caliper and discs

All until I can get my AP 6 pot caliper fixed!!

All enquiries welcome :D

trout@rannoch1.fsnet.co.uk

Possum

MONEY
6th May 2004, 21:46
If your still looking in a week, ill have my 4pots off the car.

But if you sort it before that, all good :D

johnfelstead
6th May 2004, 22:27
give alan at http://www.questmead.co.uk/ a call, sometimes they have 2nd hand AP calipers on the shelf.

Adamantium
7th May 2004, 15:42
I have some brand new DS2500s to suit the calipers but am guessing that doesnt help you!

Steven
7th May 2004, 15:47
Basically one of Trouts AP calipers was a bit iffy when it went in for checking at Prosport, so in order that his car could get on the road ASAP, i lent him one of mine.

I need mine back this weekend, as i would like to be able to stop when i test the car. The snag is, it sounds like Trouts caliper is cream crackered.

So he needs another one, so i can have mine back.

I believe he had new discs and pads installed at Prosport, so only cailper is needed.

Steven

johnfelstead
7th May 2004, 16:18
they are surprisingly cheap to buy new from AP anyway. Around 250 if memory serves me correctly. Questmead can help one way or the other.

Old Trout
7th May 2004, 17:34
John,

caliper from Questmead is 353 plus VAT.

Which is what I will if I know my own caliper is definately fooked. However a mix up a Prosport meant that my caliper was not looked at for several weeks and now has been sent away. The view is that it will be at least May 20th before I know if it is fixable.

In the interim I would like to run at Elvington on May 16th to get some preSSO practice in because I need it!!!

I thank you :D

May have a temporary solution now anyway :D

Possum :D

johnfelstead
7th May 2004, 18:56
What was wrong with it David? Must be a lot more expensive than the race caliper range then! redface.gif

Old Trout
8th May 2004, 07:00
John,

the smallest piston is stuck in the out position and nothing so far has moved it!

I think the road calipers are more expensive as they have dust seals - but I could be wrong.

Possum :D

David_Wallis
8th May 2004, 08:54
what about a 50 ton hydarulic press? I bet I could have moved it :D

"reminisses to the time I used it to straighten a crank after a brick bent it".....

Yeah it was a lawn mower.. dial gauge?? fook that, sat across v blocks and pressed until it looked straight ;)

David

stevieturbo
8th May 2004, 08:59
And did it work ?

David_Wallis
8th May 2004, 09:25
Oh yeah :D

Sold the lawnmower for 100 quid..

Anybody want a petrol hover mower??

David

johnfelstead
8th May 2004, 09:59
yes, they do have dust seals, but even so, thats quite a jump in price. It's unusual for these to stick like that on AP's.