PDA

View Full Version : front lower ball joints

dnb
10th February 2004, 16:51
Someone here told me where I could get these at a sensible price a good while ago, and I've lost the location... redface.gif

Does anyone know where they can be bought from without it costing silly money?

For a MY96 UK turbo.

Thanks

stevieturbo
11th February 2004, 20:28
They are the same for all models roight thru from early legacy turbo to around MY00.

Maybe not totally sound advice, but have you considered second hand ?? I havent seen too many worn out yet.

Tone Loc
13th February 2004, 12:28
Hopefully i know which bit your are talking about.... is it the ball joint that bolts to the bottom of the hub and sits in the lower arm?

If so when i took my hub off to do the wheel bearings i managed to damage the rubber gator around the ball joint. So when i went to the dealer to pick up a new axle nut i enquired about the price of a new ball joint (they didn't sell the gator seperately :( )... 40 all in. Not that expensive. What price have you been quoted?

Tony.

dnb
13th February 2004, 15:35
We are talking about the same part. smile.gif

I haven't asked a dealer for a price yet. I was hoping it could be acquired for 20 or less. I wish I remembered more about what I was told before...

I'm not 100% sure it's this that is worn out, but if I investigate it, I'm sure that I'll end up braking something!

macleod
11th March 2004, 23:31
Try Camskill Performance - I believe they do them for 25

Camskill Performance (http://www.camskill.co.uk)

Tone Loc
12th March 2004, 12:47
Yep 25... they also do wheel bearings which is where i got mine from (40). Delivery was next day too. Wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Tony.