PDA

View Full Version : Front ABS Sensor wanted........urgent!

mef
9th March 2004, 09:03
I need a front offside ABS sensor to pick up wheel speed from a modified ABS ring. The type I need is the one that is about 2" long and goes through a hole in the upright and looks at the teeth on the ABS ring that is mounted on the back of the hub flange (ie not the sort that looks at the driveshaft itself like on newer cars!)

Please ring 07974 919460 or e-mail me.

Thanks,

Martin

David_Wallis
9th March 2004, 10:13
if it will fit, www.rswww.com (http://www.rswww.com) do a honeywell GT1 geartooth sensor..

crank or cam position sensor??

mef
9th March 2004, 10:35
Thanks David but I do have one of those and it wont fit in the hole! Also it requires a supply and gives out a square wave. The normal ABS sensor is a simple unpowered magnetic/inductive pick-up which gives out an AC signal for the speedo. I'm not sure if it would respond to the 5V square wave signal.

I need to do this because the new Quaife dog box has no speedo drive gear, I like to have a working speedo but mainly I need a signal for the Apexi AVC-R unit, hence the wheel speed sensor. The one I need is quite long, about 2", the anoying thing is that I chucked several of these things away a couple of years ago as I had no use for them!

Martin

Paul@Zen
9th March 2004, 10:38
you can buy a normal magnetic pickup from RS too, they do one with a fine m6 thread, and a larger one with m8 fine thread, which might fit the bill.

Paul

mef
9th March 2004, 10:41
BUT....looking again at the RS catalogue, I might be able to adapt one of the "Analogue Magnetic pick-ups" on the same page! RS 304-166, could mount in a piece of tube to get the length correct to fit in the Subaru upright, only 7.94 too!

I might try one of these then,

Martin

mef
9th March 2004, 10:43
Think we "doubled" there Pavlo! The one I have chosen is the one you mention!

Simon_
9th March 2004, 11:09
either that or how about Grade A?

Simon

mef
9th March 2004, 11:53
I tried them but thought 35 + VAT a tad expensive for a secondhand part!

Martin

mef
9th March 2004, 16:00
Got one from Howard @ HDC Subaru, 20 will be here tomorrow! Top guy!

David_Wallis
9th March 2004, 16:57
doh.. should have said give howard a shout.

mef
11th March 2004, 08:17
No good, he sent me the wrong one, the one I need is about 2" long, not 1" so I'm still after one if anyone has any ideas?

Martin

mef
15th March 2004, 18:00
Sorted now, he sent me a replacement. It works a treat, sensing from a front hub mounted trigger disk with 6 teeth. Speedo works great and it within5% of the truth!

Martin