PDA

View Full Version : Simon Norris breaks into the 9 sec 1/4's

RSVR Racer
9th October 2005, 14:51
Congratulations to Simon Norris on breaking into the 9 second 1/4 mile with his new EVO demo car on its First outing. Marvelous achievment.

Best time so far 9.7 seconds

Conrad

Subzero
9th October 2005, 15:35
Is there a video, we want proof ;)

Rob G
9th October 2005, 15:40
You worried yet keith? youve been logged on for w while :D

He said he wants to do an 8 at trackside..

Rob

keith cowie
9th October 2005, 15:57
Originally posted by Rob G:
You worried yet keith? youve been logged on for w while :D

Rob Ha ha

Dont we all :D :D :D

Any idea who is in the final

I have no finger nails left smile.gif and i am not even racing :D

Keith

keith cowie
9th October 2005, 16:11

Rob A 9.7 pass is light years from a 8 sec one

Keith

Rob G
9th October 2005, 16:37
A million miles away from 8 secs!!

Didnt catch the final, but norris was knocked out by tim w in the Nur during the semi's...

CRD pulled 9.8 but went bang across the line and the track needed a clean :D

One scoob had a slipping clutch, one scoob snapped a rear shaft, Rc did their usual..

As usual Mick kept the Yellow car parked up.

You can sleep tonight now mate ;)

The one person i thought would kick ass was Ron, you must have heard his results on the dyno through the RB grape vine..

Rebuilt his osg box yesterday...

Blew it up today...

Rob

keith cowie
9th October 2005, 17:08

CRD pulled 9.8 but went bang across the line and the track needed a clean [THAT IS A SHAME]

One scoob had a slipping clutch, one scoob snapped a rear shaft [NOT ANDY,F I HOPE]

Rc did their usual.. [WHAT HAVE THEY DONE AGAIN]

As usual Mick kept the Yellow car parked up. [WHATS THAT ALL ABOUT]

You can sleep tonight now mate ;)HA HA.

The one person i thought would kick ass was Ron, you must have heard his results on the dyno through the RB grape vine..

Rebuilt his osg box yesterday...

Blew it up today... [DID HE RUN A 9SEC PASS]

Rob Keith

Rob G
9th October 2005, 17:15
low 10 on low boost(Not confirmed) Low gearbox on high boost :(

RC parked up after 2 runs iirc but came out to play again fixed.

Rob

keith cowie
9th October 2005, 17:30
low 10 on low boost(Not confirmed) Low gearbox on high boost :(

Rob Not being big headed but i think my car has the most powerfull gtr engine in the UK.
i have the same gearbox and i have done lots of miles and full on 1/4 mile runs.
all my box has ever needed has been a oil change ??

Keith

Rob G
9th October 2005, 17:36
Agreed, i thought you was using a hollinger?

OSG = Hollinger? i dont know?

Rons car is prob 400+ kilo's heavier than yours which may have something to do with it? either that or he cant use the seq box properly :D

Rob

Slooby
9th October 2005, 18:03
Rob, didn't see you about today, I guess we must have missed each other

Oh, have a vid of the Norris 9.7 run I think...just got to work out how to pull it off my camera (it's new to me)

RSVR Racer
9th October 2005, 18:27
How about this one?

Quality is pretty good for a mobile phone clip :D

[ 09. October 2005, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: Conrad. ]

Andy.F
9th October 2005, 23:42
Not a bad day !

We had issues in the morning trying to get to grips with the new triple plate carbon clutch, it really is an on/off switch :D results varied from loads of wheelspin from all 4 corners (and getting close to the barrier!) to bogging down on the launch. Despite this the car was leading the qualifying at midday. My best time was 10.12 which was the 2nd fastest time of the day AFAIK
Simon was also struggling with his new 70% of an evo but managed to get it together on one run and do an excellent 9.719 (I need to somehow find a few hundredths of a second now ;) )
For the 1st elimination round I let some air out the tyres, the track was freshly glued and I managed for once to get the launch spot on, the front end actually lifted (wheelied :D ) off the ground by about 2" apparently :eek: however this meant that the centre diff transferred all the power to the rear end which was well hooked up.............resulting in a snapped rear driveshaft :( (heavy duty uprated type) I kept it going on 3WD in an attempt to salvage something from the run but that was me out as the other car crossed the line 0.5 seconds ahead at 12. something

We didn't stay to the end as we had a 6hr drive home to look forward to but as far as I'm aware, I ran the fastest terminal of the day at 146.85 which only goes to prove that Skylines and Evos are just underpowered pieces of poo ;) :D

Andy

Slooby
10th October 2005, 15:53
Right I've edited the video, not entirely sure where the sound has gone, but a have a 9meg video of the 9.7 run against Gulli in the 3rd qualifying round...can anyone host it?

Slooby
10th October 2005, 23:27
Thanks to Steve I've uploaded the vid I took of Simons 9.7 run against Gulli in the Team ICE Sti 8 here (http://www.ecu-tuner.co.uk/downloads/files.php?cat=5)

Sorry for the lack of sound, I need to work on that...and the size ;)

When I get the software more sussed I'll add some more :D