PDA

View Full Version : As some of you may be interested...

C
19th September 2005, 09:16
As some of you will no doubt run against it, at some point ;) :D

The new Norris Designs car was unveiled on the MLR - it looks quite tasty!

841Hp & 635LbFt

Believing that the only way Evo performance can take a big step forward is with drastic weight loss, Norris Designs have built an Evo that should weigh in at just 1080kg. With a power to weight ratio of nearly 800bhp per ton it's almost 300bhp per ton more powerful than the old Norris Design Evo 7 demo car!!

To build an Evo this light has meant the car has undergone some major weight loss and incredible engineering, including a substantial amount of the bodyshell being removed to make the car shorter and lower. In fact it is 10inches shorter and 3inches lower than a standard Evo 9 shell. With the shell customised this much, the rear doors have been removed creating the world's first Short Wheelbase 2-Door Evo....http://www.lancerregister.com/mlr_images/news/ndswb/nd_evo1.jpg[

http://www.lancerregister.com/mlr_images/news/ndswb/nd_evo2.jpg

http://www.lancerregister.com/mlr_images/news/ndswb/nd_evo4.jpg

C
19th September 2005, 09:17
Follow the link here!

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=856008#post856008

SecretAgentMan
19th September 2005, 09:18
I thought I read "tasty" somewhere in there... :eek:

Did they run out of black paint somewhere in the process of painting the car? :D

/J

Adamantium
19th September 2005, 09:22
no offence but what a piece of crap!

Norris is chasing numbers and throwing loads of money at weight loss now.

His engines never last more than a few quarters, he never gets the power down, whats the point?

Andy and Paul have wiped the floor with him on much lower budgets with much less power, surely he should realise he is doing something wrong in another area?

And as for that green and black, that awful bumper and a shocking 2 door conversion, I think the guy needs a taste transplant.

mikeesingh
19th September 2005, 09:29
:eek: target sub 9 sec 1/4
doesnt look that bad, not sure about front bumper

C
19th September 2005, 09:31
Adam,

I think you are missing the point..

He didn't want an all out drag car before.

It was like it or not, an all rounder.

When we went to Bruntingthorpe, all in one run he managed:

0-60 2.69 seconds
0-100 5.6 seconds
1/4 mile 10.3 @ 144mph
1.25 miles 200.1 mph..

Of which an Impreza hasn't really come close..

Plus it got ragged within an inch of it's life round Castle Coombe on countless trips.

He has only had a couple of terminal failures (compare that to RC Devs and his car is much faster).

Hell, he will even built you an engine to the same spec & warranty it for a year..

mikeesingh
19th September 2005, 09:45
Originally posted by C:

0-60 2.69 seconds
0-100 5.6 seconds
1/4 mile 10.3 @ 144mph
1.25 miles 200.1 mph..

i think both paul and andy's are quicker apart from the top speed.

Adamantium
19th September 2005, 09:51
which they haven't tested yet.

Sorry chris,

not convinced by norris, never have been and never will be.

throwing money at something has lost its appeal for me, I much prefer the way andy and paul have done things.

I do wonder what they would accomplish with Norris' budget.

C
19th September 2005, 09:52
I believe they were on the 1/4 mile (obviously lol) but other than that, not?

My point was more along the lines of it does all that, in one run, same gearbox, same tyres etc etc.

C
19th September 2005, 09:57
They have tested - some of his customers are just a little more reserved in not being forum users etc..

I must admit, I never used to be convinced by him, but having seen his cars, talked to him a few times now I have warmed to the approach he takes.

The only terminal failures I have seen him with are his own, he's got a lot of 6/7/800bhp customer cars out there that have never had a problem.

Anyway, it should run soon - then we will see if it's really as quick as he hopes smile.gif

Bob D
19th September 2005, 10:19
Should look quite nice once the paint has been finished ;)

[ 19. September 2005, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: Bob D ]

Slooby
19th September 2005, 14:37
To show off you're engineering skills; interesting. But other than that what a waste of money, it's looks are so unbalanced now!

Andrew Carr
19th September 2005, 14:43
I think it looks OK apart from the bonnet and front bumper, way too F&F for my taste...

Old Trout
19th September 2005, 23:50
Originally posted by C:
I believe they were on the 1/4 mile (obviously lol) but other than that, not?

My point was more along the lines of it does all that, in one run, same gearbox, same tyres etc etc. Chris,

I believe you will also see Scoobs who have made the same acheivements with the same set of road legal tyres - although I guess the only difference is that the Scoobs were faster at the sprint events. Simon has built some phenomenal cars - I agree with Adam though - they have not quite performed as well as expected.

With over 800 bhp and around 1080kgs the car will be competitive with the the current fastest Scoob.

Torque figure might give it the edge...time will tell.

Trout :D

Andy.F
20th September 2005, 01:13
Originally posted by C:
1/4 mile 10.3 @ 144mph
1.25 miles 200.1 mph..

lol :D

Steven
20th September 2005, 07:33
Originally posted by Andy.F:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by C:
1/4 mile 10.3 @ 144mph
1.25 miles 200.1 mph..

lol :D </font>[/QUOTE]Hmmmm ...... LOL

Old Trout
20th September 2005, 08:23
Andy,

well I suppose your car is nearly 0.5s off that time for the quarter :(

Trout ;)

stevieturbo
20th September 2005, 15:56
And dont forget Marcin's car. And the Team Ice, although its probably a similar budget to Norris.

Im sure you culd have both Andy's and Pavlo's car for less than the price of any one of Norris's own Demo cars.