PDA

View Full Version : Who can programme an F-Con-V

DaveU
27th June 2000, 14:27
I've got an S-Club-7 uh I mean F-Con-V sitting in my garage at the moment. I had it removed as i suspected it was causing an intermittent ignition fault (which it turns out it wasn't).
Question is - does anybody know anyone (or company) who can reprogram & reinstall them?
I only know of TDI-PLC (in Essex i think)
Thanks

Dave

Harj
27th June 2000, 16:43
Dave, Im sure the lads at Powerstation may know, they seem to be very good in the mapping area!

Firefox
28th June 2000, 14:37
Howdy..

There are only about two places in the UK... (last time I checked)

HKS themselves.. normally Hiro or Bruce...... and TDI now have the license to use the software...But they are w*nkers!

A few other places claim to program the FCON, but just HKS themselves.

Speak to Micheal at HKS.

I have an FCON V if anyone makes me an offer.. it just needs a new harness.

J.

DaveU
28th June 2000, 15:04
Thanks guys i'll give those a try.

Dave

Branners
29th June 2000, 10:02
HKS are the only people in the UK who can tune an FCON V. TDi claim to be able to, but they recently tried on a MKIV supra and complained the the map in the FCON V was totally wrong and had to be removed and started again. Funny really as it was HKS UK who did the map in the first place.

Go to HKS, and dont ever go to TDi.

I would be interested to know anybody else who has good or bad experiences with TDI as I was always willing to give them the benefit of doubt, but recent events have changed my mind...anybody else?

DaveU
29th June 2000, 11:08
Everyone who I have spoken to who has ever dealt with TDI has said "never ever go there".
Interesting!

iwatkins
29th June 2000, 12:12
Branners,

Within the GT4 community, all are agreed that TDi is NOT the place to go to for work. Some still go to get parts but never for work to be done.

Cheers

Ian

dumped
1st July 2000, 18:46
Why is this - something to do with the C/R of their turbo conversions?
Martin

DaveU
2nd July 2000, 12:09
Sorry to be thick - what's C/R ?

dumped
2nd July 2000, 20:43
Compression ratio - when ever I read about their converstion they dont seem to lower the C/R
Martin

jwkc
9th August 2000, 06:12
Reprogram for F con V??
I think reprogram is no possible with the F con V.Usless by HKS themself.
The F con Pro. is reprogramable with the software from HKS "power writer".But I think it only comes in Japanese. and it is only sold it Japan thur the licensed dealer.
the Installations in easy .Just buy the harness connect to the stock ECU.. Plug and Play.I got one for my Toyota Supra TT.

Thanks
JWKC