PDA

View Full Version : Prefer the R32...

Benny
3rd November 2000, 20:22
Test drove 2 EVO 5s today with a view to upgrading from the R32 GTR. Obviously they are great cars but I prefer mine. To some extent I was gutted fully expecting to be salvitating after a drive but no, not at all actually, just felt non plussed.

I can now feel happy that when I am overtaken by an EVO on a track I decided against such a capable car for my own good reasons. Maybe if I had an R33 my verdict would have been different but then I haven't even driven one of those either yet.

So, to sum up, even though the EVO is such a great car I just think the R32 is fantastic and great value although expensive to fix.

Anyhow, nice to know i was offered 1,500 more than I paid for mine.

Laters

Ben

stevec
4th November 2000, 09:18
Benny,

Be interested to know what it was that left you a bit 'cold' about the E5. I've not driven a Skyline to compare but most Evo owners (myself included having only had one for a couple of months) are hopeless addicts.

Steve.

Benny
4th November 2000, 10:06
Hi Steve

Not too sure actually. The cars weren't quicker (I didn't expect them to be), they were more comfortable for ingress/egress and just in general, they rode better (I have Nismo suspension) but I think it was the way they delivered the power.

The Skyline is a real bruiser of a car and just demolishes roads where as the EVO will dance around in total composure and whilst ultimately much faster A to B, not as much fun.

The other thing is the engine on the Skyline is fabulous and all the benefits you gain from a big torquey motor for me outweigh the frantic gearchanging you get with the EVO in comparison.

If I didn't have my R32 I would have bought the EVO I am sure.

The bottom line is that the Skyline suits me better than the EVO.

Laters

Ben

stevec
4th November 2000, 19:14
Cheers Benny

Horses for courses I guess. Must get behind the wheel of an R34 sometime to check things out for myself.

Steve.