PDA

View Full Version : ****Nurburgring**** 2008

NeVeTaS
28th February 2008, 07:35
Who is going out in 2008 then? Please post your dates below.

MOGGIE
2nd March 2008, 09:04
Nev, going over for our first trip April 3rd - 7th.

rgds "MADDOG" :D

BIG FUD
17th March 2008, 18:12
may 10th
july 25th

Andy Peanuts
8th May 2008, 17:47
June 26-30
smile.gif

ZEPHYR
27th May 2008, 20:07
June 26-30
:D

BIG FUD
28th May 2008, 13:22
Any more peeps going over in july ??

BIG FUD
29th July 2008, 14:30
Just back had a great time went in my bros wagon was amazing brakes scary but still smoked them german toys lol

Here is a little peek me chassing ring taxi and black porsche get full in car video up later not bad for 21 stone driver 9.01 time 2nd lap ever ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5-_SY4yW-0

Duncan Graham
29th July 2008, 20:21
you gonna be there when I am in August fudster?

BIG FUD
29th July 2008, 20:48
if paul builds me car in time then yes i hope so wanted it for this time but rings had gone and now block needs re lining if not then its a no go ;(

Ill keep you posted when he tells me

Fuzz
30th July 2008, 12:08
September 19th-22nd. :D
Along with the Ryan bloke who you say can't drive. lol

Duncan Graham
30th July 2008, 12:09
I am definitely not going to be there then ;) lol

awdnutz
31st July 2008, 01:11
i be going with the www.scoobysmacs.co.uk (http://www.scoobysmacs.co.uk) lot in october so will see how scoob copes with german climate, went last year on bike with smacs but ring was closed due to :eek: black ice but then it was november redface.gif 9.01 thats an impressive time epecially for so few laps :cool:

BIG FUD
31st July 2008, 15:11
Yes first lap was in may in an 56 hawkeye wrx did 9,45 then first lap in my brothers wagon did a 9.01 i feel when my car is ready ill do 8.30s but still no matter what time the feeling of going around there with some serious motors beside you is such a joy on its own.

nutz what date in october you going a few of the lads who come my meets going on 31st-3rd

awdnutz
31st July 2008, 22:02
were going a tad earlier deaprt fri 17th oct and return tues 21st smile.gif so we can get sat am sun pm and mon fullday i think is the plan on track :cool: but tbh the evenings with a few good mates is the best laugh without the other halfs :D the tracktime is a bonus ;) .

BIG FUD
4th August 2008, 18:09
Im now going either way just brought a car just for the job so dunc see you there mate

NeVeTaS
16th September 2008, 12:09
12 - 13 OCTOBER

MOGGIE
16th September 2008, 14:31
I hope to see you out there guys...... :D

rgds "MADDOG"

Duncan Graham
16th September 2008, 17:38
Hope yours is trouble free this trip - would be about time :(

Duncan Graham
23rd September 2008, 07:06
over for the new year celebrations smile.gif

Lots of stuff to do that we havent got round to before such as the quad biking and off-roading which would be awesome in the snow I reckon :D

If it's dry then I think I can find somewhere to spend the day ;)

shaunee
25th September 2008, 11:32
Just come back from 4 days of abuse! smile.gif Unfortunately the weekend ended with a fatality (not us) and one of the guys we went with writing his car off.

Duncan Graham
25th September 2008, 11:48
sheet. Never good to hear either of those statements :(

I hadn't heard about a fatality there from the locals.

How did you enjoy it apart from that Shaun - were you in your car ?

shaunee
25th September 2008, 12:03
Still waiting for the new turbo to arrive.... AET are still waiting for the new turbine housing to turn up, and since the original was goosed the car is off the road.

I was always going to take mine, but the turn of events stopped that. I drove my mates RS Focus, completing 8 laps. I can't believe how much grip those things have got..... have not driven a FWD car like that before..... awesome bits of kit.

By the last lap I was starting to put the hammer down and my mate was having to hold on to the camera mount, stuck to the side window, to stop himself rolling on to me around some of the bends...... the guy is around 24stone, so if he had rolled, I think the car would of done as well! roflol

We met up with Fuzz and his cronies, so ended up going out get sh1t faced at night. :D

Great time, finished off by a night in Amsterdam on the way back! :D

BIG FUD
8th October 2008, 12:16
Sounds good shaun glad you had a great time, cant wait for the dates to come out for 09 so i can get me 3-4 trips in again ......

There is around 12 of us going of sn in may shaun if you up for it also if you fancy it duncan ....

shaunee
8th October 2008, 18:31
Mark,
If my car is back on the road, I aim to go along with Litchfield Imports next month. They are taking their new Type20 along to complete some testing. It will be a two day RMA track event. Open pitlane and the full circuit, without the toll gates. :D

Let me know what dates you are looking at going during May, as I can see me going at least once a year whilst I still have the will to drive. :D

awdnutz
15th October 2008, 15:45
WAHHHHHAAAAAY! i be going to the Ring again :cool: only not in the scooby :( but in the new runabout an e36 m3 EVO tongue.gif so will be able to mingle and relax with the hier fliks whilst the rest of the scooby owners heads are under their bonnets :D .
seriously though can`t wait now going friday 17th to tues 21st oct with the :cool: smacs peeps! p.s thanks again to Duncan(dynamix) for the pointers ;) .
scoob will have to wait now till i come back to be assessed for rebuild :eek:

Fuzz
16th October 2008, 12:01
I'm planning to go again in May also, so would be good to see you all there, especially at night so we can take the piss out of Alv. :D

Couldn't believe Mike called him sooty !!! Felt like sliding under the table in embarrassment . redface.gif

shaunee
16th October 2008, 12:04
Fuzz,
I didn't hear that :eek: ...... I suggest Alvin didn't either, as I never noticed Mike had no teeth part way through the night. :D

Yep... we will have to arrange something! smile.gif

Duncan Graham
16th October 2008, 15:32
Originally posted by awdnutz:
WAHHHHHAAAAAY! i be going to the Ring again :cool: only not in the scooby :( but in the new runabout an e36 m3 EVO tongue.gif so will be able to mingle and relax with the hier fliks whilst the rest of the scooby owners heads are under their bonnets :D .
seriously though can`t wait now going friday 17th to tues 21st oct with the :cool: smacs peeps! p.s thanks again to Duncan(dynamix) for the pointers ;) .
scoob will have to wait now till i come back to be assessed for rebuild :eek: Enjoy it Al and be safe.

awdnutz
22nd October 2008, 13:05
well we are back and you were right Duncan it`s a truly awesome track/toll road that is rivalled by nothing here in the Uk,
tbh i don`t think it would be allowed to exist here due to the HEALTH and SAFETY brigade would just close it down! :( .
but as you said it is defo not a track to take lightly its defo a widow maker if not careful :eek: ,
never seen so much exotica in one carpark at the same time ferraris, porsche gt`s,maserati`,ford gt 40, lambos all mingling in with the usual skylines,evos,scoobys,
defo seems to bring all the bmw owners out of the woodwork never seen so many m3 csl`s in one place at a time! :D
then there is the sexy Sabien of top gear fame she drives the 4 up m5 v10 ring taxi like nothing i have ever seen comes passed you like your stood still then powerdrifts the back end out at silly speeds round brunchen bends etc. :cool:
will try and post some pics up later but i am still overdozing with adrenaline from the experience and defo recommend it to anyone! smile.gif

Duncan Graham
24th October 2008, 07:04
I always get a massive low after coming back after the high of being there. It takes a while to settle back to 'normal' life.

Love the place, just wish they had a TA round there :D

Fuzz
24th October 2008, 22:38
It's a bit special ain't it...

I have a 16v lump on the workshop floor now ready to fettle for next year lol.
It's never enough. :D

spd(john)
26th October 2008, 17:32
Just got back to the hotel, (working at Frankfurt-Hahn Airport, only 30miles away) having spent the day, (5 Laps) at the Nurburgring, DAM I NEED A BEER!! Going again on the 4 Nov for more of the same, it was good fun on my other trips, (Landrover Series 1 Truckcab (109"), Seirra Cosworth (saphire), but in the scoob, hell a whole new ball game, Check out my thread on the projects page for more details

Dai

awdnutz
2nd November 2008, 12:43
:cool: good for you Dai ;)
i will have to wait till next year again for my ring fix again but here is a link to pics of cars doing the ring the wkd we were there starting with my M3 e36, perhaps the scooby will make the trip next year we will see ;)

http://www.boelsphotography.be/Nurburgring%2020102008/slides/sized_20102008NS%20135.html

p.s Duncan said hello to Michela for you and she looks forward to seeing you soon! smile.gif

spd(john)
22nd November 2008, 02:50
No trip this w/e due to snow, got message from dale to say track will be closed for the next 3 days. sh1t only day off this month, but then december is only around the corner..

Dai