PDA

View Full Version : Scottish (and other) events for 2001

JohnS
22nd January 2001, 15:30
Just a short note to let you know that the events calendar for the year is starting to fill up now. No doubt there will be loads more events organised throughout the year, but there should be enough variety to please most people. Some of the events are being organised by other car clubs, to which we have been invited, and you should contact myself (for the Scottish ones) if there is no other contact listed.

Details of most can be found at: SIDC Events (http://www.sidc.co.uk/events.htm)

Second event this coming weekend is our annual meeting in Perth on Sunday 28th (the first is a track day at Oulton Park on the Saturday, which is now fully subscribed with a reserve list). Arrive about 10:45 - 11am at the Asda/McDonalds car park on Dunkeld Road in Perth. I can e-mail a map to anyone who doesn't know how to get there, but it isn't that difficult to find. We will have a short drive before lunch (pre-booked - so please let me know by e-mail if you might come along, so we can get an idea of numbers), and then another drive again after lunch before meeting back up at Perth later in the afternoon.

Saturday 2nd February - New Impreza Day at Aberdeen & Exhibition & Conference Centre courtesy of Town and County (Subaru dealers). A number of activities, and the chance to view the new car and find out what it is capable of.

Sunday 11th February. Meeting in Aberdeen/NE Scotland. Similar format to the Perth meeting, but meeting point and driving routes yet to be confirmed (will depend pretty much on the weather).

Tuesday 20th February. A corporate day at Knockhill with our friends in the Quattro Owners Club. Your chance to try your skills at rally driving, plus another activity (off-roading or skid-pan). Lunch is included in the price of 129 (+VAT), as is coffee/tea afterwards.

Sunday 25th February. Rolling Road session at Star Performance in Glenrothes. Cost 30 for two power runs with plots. Contact John on johnp8@lineone.net to register attendance. All welcome.

You'll also see from the events, that the club has booked up Brands Hatch again later on in the year, and we are also making our first visit to Croft.

Sometime in March - another karting event, possibly outdoors using twin engined karts again if the weather permits. This will be either a team endurance event (max 4 people per team), or a sprint series event (lots of individual races) depending on preferences. Cost about 30 - 40.

Saturday March 17th - We have booked Knockhill from 1pm to 5pm (Anglesey has also been booked for the same day, so don't say we don't offer you a choice of events!). Cost only 50 for Knockhill. As usual, we'll have the customary curry afterwards. We'll most likely also run a beginners/ladies session near the start of the event as well, providing there is sufficient interest. This session will be exclusively for those who haven't been on the track before, and so won't feel intimidated by more experienced drivers and feel they are holding them up, or for long suffering partners who never get a chance to drive "their" car on the track http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/smile.gif I know I haven't got around to posting out the booking forms for this event yet, but will do so this week!!

Early April or May (dates to be confirmed), we are also planning a trip to Ireland, similar to the very successful Tour D'Ecosse event which we have run for the past three years. Ferry to Ireland, followed by a weekend of Touring some fantastic roads, meeting some great people and generally having a great time in the company of fellow enthusiasts. Most likely we will travel over Thursday evening, and travel home on the Sunday evening, or Monday morning. We hope to meet up with a group of local owners to make it a weekend to remember!

If anyone has any more suggestions for events, then please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Best Regards

John

john@sidc.co.uk