Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Track/sprint car in 365 days

Quote Originally Posted by John Stevenson View Post
    45mm Gus, just do one though now on Pass side. Plan is to use an on-on-on Apem Switch and have fans OFF-AUTO-ON on the three positions.

---john---
    Cheers John will get the hole cut this week.
    365 days more like years……. gotta get this car finished…..nearly there time to finish is a bitch

22B Junkie
    Better to say nothing and be thought a Fool, than to Post and Confirm it !
    Nae Rush, Guss, can't take it for a couple of weeks at least anyway, busy busy the noo
    I'm Dyslexic, if you don't like my spelling, go FCUK yourself

No problem John
    365 days more like years……. gotta get this car finished…..nearly there time to finish is a bitch

John, Adam has asked the question are you going to be running the fans off just one output from the Syvecs ????

You're on the home straight now, Gus.
    12.4s @ 105mph standing 1/4 mile. 329BHP - 289lb/ft

Another good day got the Dash 2 all wired in and main loom finished

Gettin close mate, you must be getting excited
    Thanks to the following for their help and support >

SD Motorsport > Zen Performance
    Owen Developments > Scooby Spares
    AS Performance > SW Motorsports

22B Junkie
    Better to say nothing and be thought a Fool, than to Post and Confirm it !
    Quote Originally Posted by gussy View Post
    John, Adam has asked the question are you going to be running the fans off just one output from the Syvecs ????
    Aye !!
    I'm Dyslexic, if you don't like my spelling, go FCUK yourself

Must admit Lee I can finally see light at the end of the tunnel the main loom has been my main issue as Adam has been doing loads of work on the F2 fiestas for M Sport so that was a big hold up he has now finished them and has now started on a load of classic cars rewires where his main bread and butter is made mine is the first scoob that he has done TBH he really enjoyed doing it,the 2 holes left in my panel are for the cal switches to go in when the car goes over the border to Johns

Thanks to the following for their help and support >

SD Motorsport > Zen Performance
    Owen Developments > Scooby Spares
    AS Performance > SW Motorsports

Well today the car came out of its home (the garage) for the second time since I started this project,its getting loaded onto the trailer tonight then its going down country for the next phase in its build to get the SC42/46 billet twin scroll fitted/clocked and custom exhaust fabricated

its a good job theres a winch on the trailer I don't fancy trying to push it up the ramps

Looking hood and close to been finished bud

Good to see you today guss will be a right tool ) looked bang on at mattys today.
    Sponsors for 2015

M B Developements.
    A.S.P
    Chevron motorsport.
    Whiteline.
    Owen Developments.
    Clark motorsport.
    Samsonnas.
    Mb Automotive.

Cheers Fud good to talk today but what a journey across town to mattys fabricators got there in the end tho only down side was the turbo diesel tow car decided to hole a piston on the way home the only reason I knew it had done that was (A)smoke coming out the back end and loss of power and (B) when I switched off the ignition at the service station it continued revving its nuts off stalled it in gear then got the break-down wagon to come out and take us home other than that not a bad day

Well thought it was time for another update having wanted to do something different with the car from the norm I decided to drop it off at Matty B's for a couple of weeks while I had to make a visit to the hospital for an op on my back, the scope of work was to fabricate me a side exit exhaust and rotate and clock my SC42/46 billet twin scroll turbo as far as I know this has never been done on an factory twin scroll oem housing/flanges in this country, anyway I picked up the car this morning the welding is first class just got to get the actuator plate on the turbo repositioned which mattys going to complete this week for me and then send the turbo back here are a few pics so you get the idea.

Job for this weekend other than watch the football is take the exhaust and up pipes off and get them wrapped and fit 2 x EGT sensors in the pipes and refit them ready for refitting the turbo
    Last edited by gussy; 13th June 2014 at 20:11.

Looks mint does that Gus
    Simon gone but never forgotten my friend, your legend will live on...

Well I finally pulled my finger out yesterday and pulled the new up pipe and V banded downpipe off the car that I got Matty to make for me, ready to get them wrapped when it arrives later this week and also to get my EGT sensors fitted.

and a few pics of the exhaust from underneath.

Another little update there is finally light at the end of the tunnel finally got my new headers and up pipe wrapped and my EGT sensors fitted everything bolted up into place new oil lines/water pipes made up for the turbo by my local hydraulic firm and the pipework sorted out to my air filter just a few clips to fit and an all over spanner check and its ready to ship off up to Johns for the engine loom to be sorted

I also acquired a new set of in date seats from my mates rally car he is breaking.

It's getting ever closer to completion, Gus.
    12.4s @ 105mph standing 1/4 mile. 329BHP - 289lb/ft

Just a quick update my part on the car is finished everything is done that I can do for now, the next stage is being left in the hands of John S to fit one of his engine looms and wire in my Syvecs etc and Andy F when he is not too busy thrashing everybody on track to get the car mapped while its on its holidays in bonny scotland