Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Track/sprint car in 365 days

22B Moderator
    Today i shall mostly be twidling with my knobs
    Everything is easier to see in hindsight. You should have a fun weapon to use now though.

Light at the end of the tunnel, Gus.

Good to see you finally getting there mate.
    12.4s @ 105mph standing 1/4 mile. 329BHP - 289lb/ft

Who’s mapping the beast?
    GSR Services Scotland
    Andy Forrest

2.5 STI GSR Bolt On Turbo & OEM Topmount 450/430 V Power

Well as its all new-age under the skin I was using Andy as he initially dropped the maps into the syvecs it wasn't until later that I found there was a bridge missing in the ECU thanks to Steve Darley for the help Syvecs sent me a replacement 6gp+ with all the bells and whistles added ,I had a few other teething problems which have been sorted now unfortunately it appears that andy is not mapping classics anymore even tho its more newage than classic so atm I haven't got anybody lined up as yet.
    365 days more like years……. gotta get this car finished…..nearly there time to finish is a bitch

considering how far you,ve come gussy- the mapper is a teensy weensy problem -syvecs is quite well supported now -drop a line to pat, he will know someone mate-

can potentially assist Gus if required........

Cheers Alyn I think we have had this conversation in the past same person that Chris air has used per chance.
    365 days more like years……. gotta get this car finished…..nearly there time to finish is a bitch

Jesus Gus...... and I thought my car was taking an age to get sorted!!

Quote Originally Posted by shaunee View Post
    Jesus Gus...... and I thought my car was taking an age to get sorted!!
    German engineering on your part shaun god knows whats gonna happen after Brexit yours might take longer and on my part work, home commitments not enough hours in the day but Im getting there slowly.

22B Moderator
    Today i shall mostly be twidling with my knobs
    Considering our cars are sourced from outside the EU already and have longer shipping distances for none UK sourced parts, UK leaving the EU will make FA difference to Shaun's shed getting done slower than our own.

Most of my delays have been from UK companies!!!!

Seriously..... the Audi tuning scene is utterly retarded. Makes the Subaru scene look like a finally tuned engine! Ha

When you consider how big the VAG car scene is it's beggars belief.

Oh well.... we all have this disease..... shame there's no cure!

I was under the impression that Andy wasn't mapping classics that he's never had anything to do with.

Stand to be corrected of course.

tbh so many classics have been frigged around with with so many overlapping parts fitted that there more trouble than their worth-not a problem if your only mapping ,but fault finding and setting up takes forever- the newage cars just come with better kit to start with

Quote Originally Posted by mickywrx View Post
    I was under the impression that Andy wasn't mapping classics that he's never had anything to do with.

Stand to be corrected of course.
    Micky as I understand it Andy passed on all his maps for classics over to RA motorsport

i presume that AndyF simply wants an easy life these days and to be fair who can blame him...........

tbh i,ve never had any map done (of many) where there was,nt some small issue to sort- its sort of why i like to have a garage/tuner based mapper rather than the "man with a laptop" guys ,last mapping day problem was a dead ACT sensor,, replacement fitted by the tuning company that ran the RR including retapping the boost pipe- a bit of extra cost but it meant a clean RR day for my map. although my car is quite far from oem now lololol

That's all fair enough, I suppose.

Been on the phone today to John all wiring completed picking the car up on Sunday so thats all the wiring sorted now get the car booked in for its MOT then its final mapping happy days my list is getting shorter

22B Junkie
    Send it to martin ay mb automotive guss he can sort any wiring/mapping etc all out etc he not the closest to you but well worth the trip down
    Built by MB Developments

sponsored by
    chevron Motorsports/whiteline/Owen development/AS Performance/driveshaft shop/samsonas/clark Motorsport