Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Subaru sub 10 second UK drag times

Last one added. 9.86
    Key sponsors - Stella Motorsport/SD Motorsport/Area 52 Autosport/AS Performance/REIS.co.uk

GDB is Bug to Hawkeye.
    12.4s @ 105mph standing 1/4 mile. 329BHP - 289lb/ft

WR1 is a GDB
    Key sponsors - Stella Motorsport/SD Motorsport/Area 52 Autosport/AS Performance/REIS.co.uk

Martyn Jeffery 9.95 @ 140mph - 2.1L White GC8, OE Hawkeye 6 speed

Updated page 1

Update again please Clive, 9.83@139mph

Done sir

Is Colin's EG33 on there now??

Will be when I add it Alyn

Updated

Nice update Clive

Updated, Michael in the 8s!

Bingo.......

Just needs a bit lower 8 lol.
    speed didnt kill me, but taxation probably will

Don't we all, I turned up at santa pod Sunday with car all ready for first run of year and got turned away. Peak performance fully booked!

TBH Sunday was a disaster anyway. It reminded us ( and same last year ) of all the reasons we stopped coming over for so many years.

Queuing, queuing, queuing with nothing racing and for no damn good reason. Then stupid pieces of shit breaking and spewing stuff all over the track...then they stop for some demo runs of a jet car ? Like WTF, it's supposed to be a bloody test day not a spectator day.
    Then a light sprinkle of rain and again it all stops. Then the bloody tractor that's supposed to clean the track breaks down and spews stuff over the track ( might have been saturday...but think it was Sunday...it's all a blur )

Then with only 4 runs 5 oclock comes and they say they'll run to 530 because of the problems. Except they spent almost the entire time playing with the tractors up and down the track again after a drag car attempted to run...did a burnout then got pushed back off. It didnt even make it to 200ft or so...yet they then proceeded with the tractors and scrubber thing the rest of the track. So in that extra 30 minutes....not a single car ran. What was the point ?

When people go for a bloody test day, at least let them use the track !!

It was a great weekend, but that place is so damn frustrating the way they prevent people from racing. We got 7 runs in on the Saturday which was supposed to be a public RYWB ( VW obviously albeit with invites )
    And quite surprising....if it wasnt for the OSF, TAZ, Beetles and guys from germany etc...there would have been almost no cars racing on the Saturday at all. So so strange. But again lots of hold ups that day too, but not as bad as Sunday. For such huge crowds out front etc....the amount of people actually racing was very low.

But it was same both this year and last, the RYWB day seemed to offer drivers more track time than the more expensive test n tune day.
    Last edited by stevieturbo; 5th September 2017 at 19:22.

Looks like I wouldn't have had much chance to run then Stevie. Being a vw weekend I don't get how the Sunday was a test and tune day. I'm going to try for 22nd September which is meant to be a pure test and tune day.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD Hammer View Post
    Looks like I wouldn't have had much chance to run then Stevie. Being a vw weekend I don't get how the Sunday was a test and tune day. I'm going to try for 22nd September which is meant to be a pure test and tune day.
    The VW day was the Saturday. Some cars did remain to race Sunday too though

But really queues were barely any longer on Saturday than they were on Sunday, except on Saturday they moved a bit faster.

For most part the VW bit seems to just be a party day or something, as there really were not huge numbers of VW type cars at all. Queues at their longest were to the cafe, and as said, if it wasnt for the OSF and TAZ cars etc, there would have been far fewer cars all round.
    But out front, where the campers etc are...the entire place was completely packed !

Saturday was a good day, weather was excellent but still lots of hold ups during the day. We managed to get 7 runs in which is pretty decent. Sunday was just a nightmare by comparison really. Annoying for so many reasons...but really made worse as it was supposed to be a test/tune day with "maximum track time" as they put it....which seems to translate as minimum track time for additional cost. Not to mention the drag bikes who always seem to bunk the queues and get to race...and break down causing delays.

The likes of the 22nd on a Friday does sound like it should be a good day. The fact it's a Friday should mean less people there, so more chance of track time.

When we used to go to the Mopar Nats before TOTB when TOTB was a one day event, we got loads of racing on the Friday and then drove up to Elvington for TOTB on the Sunday. Although we stopped doing that around 2007 or 2008 I think and when TOTB became 2 day, just went to it instead.
    But the Friday was great for racing....aside from Santa Pod charging entry fee for a full weekend and giving no option for the one day ( site entry, not strip )

Updated with my latest time, 8.89@160