Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Hello John, got a new mota.. Again...

22B Moderator
    Today i shall mostly be twidling with my knobs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr J View Post

Maybe I'm geting old
    We all are!

Not done much driving since my last post due to CV19 unfortunately. I've been to the fuel station once since March!

wow thats a long sabatical mate,, in my experience getting a mapper to look at economy parameters is next to impossible lol and ive asked loads of times to make my low boost/actuator setting an economy tweek to the map

22B Moderator
    It's time consuming to sort out the off load mapping well, one of the reasons i wanted to learn to map the car myself.

I did one event just before lockdown, won that overall, so not completely forgotten how to drive just yet.

I saw that someone had the off load mapping done by EFI. They had spent some time doing idle too.

22B Moderator
    Mine is rock solid idle.
    Car passed it's MOT today, another 13 months ticket. Only did 4K miles this last 11.5 months, now on 132K miles.

My idle went wonky and the engine kept stalling at junctions and roundabouts. Very annoying. I have some spare ICV's but I suspect it's the MAF (yes, I still have one of those). I've checked all pipes for leaks too.

22B Moderator
    Just a little update, I had my first car wont run failure recently, which is not bad going for nearly 12 years ownership.

The Perrin 4BAR MAP sensor failed, reading 0mBar, so engine would fire and stop instantly.

Fortunately I still had my OEM stock MAP sensor in a box, so checked the spec of that which is a 22627AA260 which is rated at 3.0BAR, as I only run the current turbo at 1.8BAR peak, that would be ideal. Fortunately it failed on my drive, so I was at home but all my tools were at work, so I popped on Amazon and bought a small screwdriver bit set which gave the correct size of cross head screwdriver head to remove the idle control valve and the MAP sensor screws. That arrived next day so then did the swap.

I then had to change the Syvecs map to match the OEM sensor linearization, thanks to Jasper for the linearization definition. I also changed the default MAP sensor reading on failure, so if it fails again I'll be able to fire the engine up and drive home off load or still have the engine able to idle to keep me warm if stranded.

Next was to do some checks on the mapping to make sure the sensor is reading correctly and the slight change likely to be seen was safe and if it needed any changes to optimise. So i did some runs with streaming datalogs at various boost levels etc. The did some small tweeks to the fuel and ignition maps to remove any corrections.

Really loving the Syvecs, it's such an easy to use ECU for mapping with great datalogging functionality, especially when you use the datalog streaming direct to your laptop.