Thread: Sunoco MaxNos, Good choice ??

Sunoco MaxNos, Good choice ??

Im looking to get a race fuel map done for drag days and just looking at fuel options. I don't think my 1650cc injectors will flow enough for E85 which would be my cheapest option, Does anybody have any experience with mapping on Sunoco MaxNos ?? would it be a suitable choice for Subaru engines ??

Cheers
    Dubzy

22B Moderator
    Today i shall mostly be twidling with my knobs
    It's designed for use with Nitrous Oxide Injection systems without lambda sensors being used. (no doubt it will kill the sensor)

Most Subaru's use the Lambda sensor. Do you use Nitrous injection?

Quote Originally Posted by johnfelstead View Post
    It's designed for use with Nitrous Oxide Injection systems without lambda sensors being used. (no doubt it will kill the sensor)

Most Subaru's use the Lambda sensor. Do you use Nitrous injection?
    Hello John..

I did read the basic info and states its also suited to forced induction setups. Im not running nitrous and I do still have a lambda sensor in my headers. It has a rated ron of 119 which seems to be one of the highest of the race fuels they list. I only intend on doing the odd drag day with it and a mapping session. Ive just had a map tweak after fitting a few new parts and im currently making 674bhp on 25% meth at 2.2 bar, I would like to pass the 700 mark with the correct fuel.

Cheers
    Dubzy

22B Moderator
    Today i shall mostly be twidling with my knobs
    You can only try it and see how it goes.

VP Q16 gives good results on a Subaru.

I used this a few years ago in Drag Shed to good effect. Moved to Torco 118 nos now.
    Key sponsors - Stella Motorsport/SD Motorsport/Area 52 Autosport/AS Performance/REIS.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by MAD Hammer View Post
    I used this a few years ago in Drag Shed to good effect. Moved to Torco 118 nos now.
    Hello Clive.

Ive only looked at VP and Sunoco fuels so far. Ive done a quick search on Torco and don't see anybody that delivers it within the uk ?

Quote Originally Posted by johnfelstead View Post
    You can only try it and see how it goes.

VP Q16 gives good results on a Subaru.
    I did look at q16 as it popped up a few times in searches. I see that its an oxygenated fuel so should run a bit cooler ? im not sure of the tuning benefits though.

MaxNos is 154 delivered for 25 litres
    Q16 is 160 delivered for 19 litres so I wont be running it very often lol.

A lot of the very high octane stuff are leaded fuels...so this will reduce lambda sensor life.

If this is anything other than full on max effort or competition....is there really any point in leaded ? Likewise Q16 ?

And are your injectors suitable for such fuels ?
    speed didnt kill me, but taxation probably will

Quote Originally Posted by stevieturbo View Post
    A lot of the very high octane stuff are leaded fuels...so this will reduce lambda sensor life.

If this is anything other than full on max effort or competition....is there really any point in leaded ? Likewise Q16 ?

And are your injectors suitable for such fuels ?
    As im already running a 25% meth mix I guess I need to go for one of the high octane fuels to see a decent increase in power. I will be running at a couple of events this year and would like to set a new pb and also just curious to see what power my setup will make. My Injectors are all fuels compatible so my only restriction is flow if using alcohol based fuels.

Torco is available from Nimbus Motorsport. They do a full variety of options. I would go e85 if I wasn’t injector limited but may well need 8 injector set up for mine for that.
    Key sponsors - Stella Motorsport/SD Motorsport/Area 52 Autosport/AS Performance/REIS.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by MAD Hammer View Post
    Torco is available from Nimbus Motorsport. They do a full variety of options. I would go e85 if I wasn’t injector limited but may well need 8 injector set up for mine for that.
    Have you had it delivered to you from them Clive as they list it as collection only on their website.

Out of curiosity, roughly how many drag runs to you get out of a 20L tin ??

Collection only I believe chap

Haha runs per tin. About 4-5 in Drag Shed