Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Twin Scroll Turbo Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by stockcar View Post
    Andy, you should have called your "normal" supplier.............all things available even Gucci RCM bits and normally at better rates
    Excellent 14mm head stud kits too.

Andy

That turbo is still making power above 7k 😳
    Bit more laggy compare with an vf36 but on track I doubt youíll notice it as itís above 4K most of the time.
    GSR Services Scotland
    Andy Forrest

2.5 STI GSR Bolt On Turbo & OEM Topmount 450/430 V Power

Quote Originally Posted by Fai17 View Post
    Andy

That turbo is still making power above 7k ��
    Bit more laggy compare with an vf36 but on track I doubt you’ll notice it as it’s above 4K most of the time.
    I'm looking forward to seeing how it helps the lap times, unfortunately this Monday looks soaking wet, although we do have practice at 17.40 on Sunday that might be dry.

22B Moderator
    Today i shall mostly be twidling with my knobs
    The turbo isn't even warmed up with that setup, loads more to come from it when you have an engine to handle what it could do.

Quote Originally Posted by stockcar View Post
    Andy, you should have called your "normal" supplier.............all things available even Gucci RCM bits and normally at better rates
    You are absolutely right Alyn, my fault, Sanspeed gave me a list of RCM parts they needed to put the engine back together and I just went and contacted them without thinking!
    I have paid for my stupidity!
    I have also forgotten to call you for new front pads, they should last this wet weekend but I have Lydden Hill the following Saturday.
    I'll be on the phone on Tuesday

It was all going so well!

First test of the new turbo was at the Truck Race meeting at Brands Hatch last weekend.
    Due to crashes and delays on Sunday our practice session on Sunday evening was cancelled.

This turned out to be a bloody shame as I never got to test it in the dry, and I swear there's a 50 second lap in there given that the up shifts in the wet are at the same point or earlier than they used to be in the dry.....given the slower corner speed, later power application and earlier braking points the new set up was looking mighty.

Qualifying on Sunday morning was wet, drizzly and greasy.
    I went out on well worn 4 year old ex-btcc wets, but there was some grip and the track was improving.
    Rod Birley conked out halfway through the session, and like a lot of others I managed to get a clear lap and my best time on the very last lap.
    Good enough to take pole position by 32 thousandths! The first 3 cars were within 34 thousandths...should be a good race!

My first time leading a rolling start went well and I got a small gap on the ex-btcc Toledo, charging M3 and Clio cup car in hot pursuit.
    However Rod was on a mission and caught me within a couple of laps. I defended for a couple more, but looked like I might do something stupid if I tried to keep him behind for the race duration. Decided to see how our speeds compared down the main straight, not too shabby, but he took the lead into Paddock Hill.
    I was keeping him within hope, and had no challenge from behind.....

Apparently an MG's engine let go, dumping oil at the entry to Paddock Hill.
    First I knew of it I had snapped sideways, eventually smacking the barrier backwards with the nearside rear then bouncing across the track to dig into the gravel on the outside of the track.
    Tub is knackered, creased across the back, my seat mount folded and the seat slumped into a weird angle, but I escaped very lightly. Engine still runs!
    Having been taken to the Medical Centre I was a bit upset to find that my son and the rest of my 'team' didn't know if I was dead or alive until I was taken back to the paddock.

Sadly I think the damage is beyond my current budget, even with all the very kind offers of help that have come my way, and for which I am very grateful.
    Just shows again that Motorsport is a total bitch! You pays your money, get your car to the front of the grid.........then bang, something out of your control and it's all over!

https://youtu.be/zKuYsgz99nQ?t=178

22B Moderator
    Today i shall mostly be twidling with my knobs
    That sucks Andy.

I was watching live timing and listening to the race from the internet stream, just to see how you were getting on.

The commentators noticed the oil being dropped on track well before you got there, from an MG. It sounded like it had lost an oil cooler pipe from the commentators description.

I'd get your neck checked out properly, that was a nasty hit, watch it in slow mo to see just how much your head moved on impact.

Its not great the seat mount gave up so much.

Hopefully after a bit more time you can get something sorted to get back on track, such a shame to not get to benefit from the upgrades.

That’s a nightmare Andy. I know only too well the effort involved in getting a car on the grid. As John says, that was a big hit. Just a thought for the future, it might be worth considering a seat change and going for a winged seat that might stop your head moving as much. I have one and I don’t notice the wings are there; my HANS arrests movement before the wings obscure vision.

Hope you manage to sort something and get back out on the grid ��

Nasty...and lucky that other car didnt hit you, he must have spun on the oil too ?
    speed didnt kill me, but taxation probably will

Ouch, sorry to hear that Andy.
    I know all too well the drama of hitting the tyres, fortunately mine was just panel damage to the car and damage to the ego and my left ear from the missus swearing at me from the passenger seat!
    Get yourself checked out then im sure you will regroup in time.

Many thanks for the good wishes and helpful advice, all very much appreciated.
    I'm sure I'll be a bit more positive in a few days, and will start thinking of where I can squeeze the money from.
    Who knows, maybe my premium bonds will come up tomorrow!
    As John says it would be such a shame to never really see the full potential of the upgrades.

Cheers, Andy

Quote Originally Posted by stevieturbo View Post
    Nasty...and lucky that other car didnt hit you, he must have spun on the oil too ?
    Several cars span before the race was red flagged, poor Civic driver went into the Armco barrier at about the same place as Andy did, his car is also quite badly damaged

Gutting wrenching news andy. So sorry to hear and see that happening.
    Hope you mend soon and have the car rebuilt.
    GSR Services Scotland
    Andy Forrest

2.5 STI GSR Bolt On Turbo & OEM Topmount 450/430 V Power

OMG, I feel for you, really I do

Sorry to hear this Andy

Hope you can get it reshelled and back out racing soon
    MSA Class Records Pembrey, MIRA, Llandow, Silverstone Stowe - class 1C, Goodwood - class 3, Hethel, Snetterton, Lydden Hill - class A6
    FTDs North Weald - September 2017, Simon Roe Memorial - May 2015, Crystal Palace - 26th May 2014, North Weald - March 2013
    BARC Overall Champion BARC SBD National Speed Championship 2015
    HSA Overall Champion HSA SBD National Speed Championship 2017

With thanks to SDMotorsport, ASPerformace, Team Legacy, MapDCCD, JT Innovations, never forgetting Simon Roe