Thread: Alcon Rear Brake Kit

Alcon Rear Brake Kit

I would like to upgrade the rear Brake setup on my version 6 Type R and have seen this kit from Alcon.

It is listed for 05-07 STI Impreza, will this kit fit my Type R or can it be made to fit my Type R.

http://www.subarupartsstore.co.uk/in...kr3659x15.html

You can buy ap for that money.
    GSR Services Scotland
    Andy Forrest

2.5 STI GSR Bolt On Turbo & OEM Topmount 450/430 V Power

Quote Originally Posted by Fai17 View Post
    You can buy ap for that money.
    AP and Alcon both make excellent products, my Type R has the Alcon 6 pot 343mm kit fitted on the front and they are fantastic.

My rear brake discs and pads are worn out and the calipers have started to go rusty. The rear calipers would require a rebuild to make them look new again as they are 17 years old.

Thought that it could be a good time to upgrade the rear brake set up, as the Alcon are listed for 05/07 STI I wanted to find out if they would fit my Type R.

The bells would have to be drilled for 5/100 PCD but was not sure if my brake shoes would be to big or to small for the Alcon bells.

be aware that replacement discs are mental money for the Alcon........not sure that Pro-R kit is still available or maybe old stock???

if your car is R180 rear then yes will basically be a direct fit apart from the stud PCD

Quote Originally Posted by stockcar View Post
    be aware that replacement discs are mental money for the Alcon........not sure that Pro-R kit is still available or maybe old stock???

if your car is R180 rear then yes will basically be a direct fit apart from the stud PCD

Thank you for replying Alyn, can you supply the Alcon rear brake set up ?

Just out of curiosity how much more are genuine Alcon discs compared to genuine AP Racing discs.