Thread: wrinkle red

wrinkle red

we have sourced red wrinkle paint as close to oem subaru version 3/4 5/6 as you can get .. if anyone is looking their manifold painted you can send us ur bare manifold for painting .. manifold blasted and painted 220 . if interested txt / call ali 07968343656

It looks really good. Is there any way to buy the paint from you instead of sending a whole manifold down to have the job carried out for us DIY guys?

Frosts for paint do crackle i did mine looks almost the same. Can be a pain to do mind.

20170130_102602.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by j2000 View Post
    Frosts for paint do crackle i did mine looks almost the same. Can be a pain to do mind.

20170130_102602.jpg
    Over the years they have changed their formula so they tend to come out abit more orangey than what they used to. I've done a manifold not long ago and whilst it came out nice it wasn't the original looking red from factory so I'm assuming ABM is using a different paint for the above results.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreep View Post
    Over the years they have changed their formula so they tend to come out abit more orangey than what they used to. I've done a manifold not long ago and whilst it came out nice it wasn't the original looking red from factory so I'm assuming ABM is using a different paint for the above results.
    Looks ok to me.. i know a few people use powder coat crackle also.

yes the frost is too orange of a colour ..ive tried the powder coating .. not good enough wrinkle finish and the colour isnt quite right .. at the minute i can only buy this paint in liters to paint with paint gun .. so not practical to post .. im trying to get aerosols made .. will keep you updated ..the paint is very expensive to buy .. costs me over 200 per liter to buy so id say aerosols if i can get them made are going to be approx 40--50 each .. expensive yes .. but if your restoring a nice car and want ur manifold the correct colour and texture its worth every penny ..