Thread: oops immobilized syvecs car

oops immobilized syvecs car

i seem to have pulled the cable from the oppososite end of the cal switch cable ?hooked around my clutch foot and stopped engine all of course in a layby 30 miles from home lol-- this seems to have immobilized the car turns over but wont start-cable has a male and female crimp ends

hard pressed son bought my tools up to me as it had to "fit" somewhere lol removed all the dash, ecu ,and stereo but found no obvious apparent connections-the only single point i could find was a pair of male female green plugs under the steering column which i assume were to do with the origional obd functions..
    cue a tow home by the AA finest at 1 oclock this morning lol

how is the cal switch normally connected to the ecu?

well decided to grow a pair and connected to spare plug - started first turn - what a donut i am

Last time I did that I had no mobile phone with me. My issue was the crank position sensor had fallen off as I'd not connected it properly. I spotted it quite early on luckily.

tbh even on the way back in the recovery truck i just knewwww i should have tried it in those plugs - glad it was only something simple though lol