Thread: Older 2 wire O2 sensor to 3 wire loom

Older 2 wire O2 sensor to 3 wire loom

I have a cat downpipe to fit. The car (my97) loom for O2 sensor is 3 wire but sensor loom on replacement cat DP only has 2 wires (possibly older model but physically fits) and completely different plug. anyone got a part number for the newer 3 wire plug so I can re-terminate it and which of the 2 O2 wires go to what wires on car loom?

Cheers
    Last edited by Dill_typeR; 21st June 2017 at 18:24. Reason: Extra stuff
    Team Monkfish Racing

An O2 sensor won't have only 2 wires. It maybe an EGT sensor, perhaps?
    aka JT Innovations www.jti.uk.com No scoob any more Outlander PHEV GX4h for us now !!

early JDM d/pipes have a 2plug temp sensor in the lower curve, simply forget about it..........

Its the 'Cat on fire!' sensor, just ignore.

But if you need to fit an 02 sensor I don't think the thread is the same unfortunately. If there isn't a M18x1.5 threaded boss in the downpipe then indeed it is from a V1/2 impreza where the O2 sensor is fitted in the headers
    MSA Class Records Pembrey, MIRA, Llandow, Silverstone Stowe - class 1C, Goodwood - class 3, Hethel, Snetterton, Lydden Hill - class A6
    FTDs Simon Roe Memorial - May 2015, Crystal Palace - 26th May 2014, North Weald - March 2013
    BARC Overall Champion BARC SBD National Speed Championship 2015

With thanks to ASPerformace, AndyForrestPerformance, SDMotorsport, JT Innovations, never forgetting Simon Roe

The sensor on my currently fitted system is in the downpipe so surely I need to fit a sensor somewhere on the new (old) DP section I'm fitting otherwise the management won't be correct?
    Team Monkfish Racing

as previous posts the 2wire sensor is not normally a Lambda and smaller thread........

easiest would be to simply weld a boss in so its correct