Thread: Lateral G

Lateral G

Now I've finally got the car fairly consistent as far as mechanical issues are concerned (until the next blow up!) I'm trying to take the opportunity to tweak the 3-way Nitron coilovers to get the best out of them.
    Other than the subjective 'feel' of the car I've only got laptimes and the data my Aim Solo records to assess any changes I make.
    One of the measures I can log is Lateral G, which I guess is at least a reflection of one element of handling.

Trouble is I have no idea of what you might expect of a 1350kg 4WD saloon on slick tyres!

Looking through the data I've already recorded my highest lateral g is round Druids at Brands Hatch: 1.65g at approx 45mph

This is my starting point, but I have no reference as to what I should be aiming for.

Any racers, sprinters or trackdayers who have data to help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Andy

A peak value can mean little.

A car that feels good..is generally a car that the driver can push hard, and do it safely.. That means a lot.
    speed didnt kill me, but taxation probably will

So best to rely more on the 'feel' of the car, and of course the lap times, and forget the g-readings?
    That makes it easier, one less thing to look at!

You could dive into a corner hard and give the wheel a big yank and see a huge increase in LatG....it certainly wont be the fastest way around the corner though.

Ultimately making changes that yield better times are more important than making changes to simply achieve a higher number like that
    speed didnt kill me, but taxation probably will