Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommended insurance for modified cars

Quote Originally Posted by Riggers View Post
    Paceward insurance , £500 a year for road insurance and £100 per event
    What the funk?? They quoted me £800+ plus the £100/event. Was cheaper for me to go with A Plan and get an insurance for race use through Ryan Motorsport.

For Ref A Plan up to 600hp, all mods declared, 20k miles PA £650.
    Ryan Motorsport £560 for 6 events.
    Last edited by ATWRX; 13th July 2015 at 15:54.

Quote Originally Posted by ATWRX View Post
    What the funk?? They quoted me £800+ plus the £100/event. Was cheaper for me to go with A Plan and get an insurance for race use through Ryan Motorsport.
    They must've known you where a crasher Alan lol
    2014 whiteline 22b sprint series S1 championship winner
    2015 whiteline 22b sprint series S2 championship winner
    2016 superlapscotland class C championship winner

With help and support from Graeme @ Whiteline, Andy Forrest @ AFP , Simon @ Chevron Motorsport, Stevie Witson @ SW Motorsport , Lee @ OwenDevelopments & Duncan @ Hypertech...

Quote Originally Posted by Riggers View Post
    They must've known you where a crasher Alan lol
    Oi, I only Spin, no crashes........fingers crossed.

Anyway, I don't drive quick enough to crash lol

Quote Originally Posted by crice View Post
    Fred what do you get for your £120/day for competitive use??? There's not a cat in hells chance of someone coving you for on event accident damage for that sort of premium, is there?! I'd expect ten times that for on event accident damage even with a healthy excess. It's just too unpredictable a risk.

Agree that Gary could be better at returning calls but he's insured my car for a competitive rate the last couple of years and I was going to get him to insure the new one once it's all up together but if what FUD says it right about the £25k limit then maybe not. You do need to be a current MSA competition licence holder though to avail of one of his policies.

Chris - The competition cover I refer to is for use in the 22B sprint series up to the max agreed value of the car. Its worth adding that the agreed value is well over £25k and there is no requirement for a Nat B license (although I do hold one)
    Last edited by Fred; 13th July 2015 at 17:53.

Just had a quote today from Adrian flux all mods declared TPFT £680 won't insure fully comp with my mods.
    Tme to win a trophy or throw in the towel !!

Lee ring Gary moulson at Keith micheals you will be surprised.

thanks all. I think it's all a rip off. I'm only interested in road cover and mileage will be low but had quotes ranging from 330 3rd party only, to 430 fully comp, seems expensive for 1-2k miles. Other option is get a trailer and tow and save on road tax, and MOT too???
    Team Monkfish Racing

CCI for me. Nearly £500. <5k miles per annum, FC, low excess. Tried another option but they couldn't match it. Seems to come down slightly each renewal too.

Update. CCI no longer cover Subaru's. Pah!

My car is currently on a 'laid up' policy and I want to return it to the road and it would have been easy to ask my previous insurer to reactivate my policy...

Floyd try pace ward through the MLR mine is a trackcar with a bit of road mileage thrown in at the time they were the ones that fitted the bill for my needs

I was with pace ward but moved to Reis they were significantly cheaper for a like for like quote. Pace ward were also way too expensive for event cover and with a £7500 excess on the track cover it made it pointless.
    asperformance.com 0191 410 3770
    andyforrestperformance.co.uk
    Suspension Components by Whiteline

http://bbs.22b.com/forums/showthread...-and-sprint-RA

Arch was that including on the road cover agreed mileage ?? pm if you like as im about to renew next month would be interesting to see what REIS has to offer
    365 days more like years……. gotta get this car finished…..nearly there time to finish is a bitch

It was fully comp on road insurance for the RA with an agreed value and agreed mileage. They don't do track/event insurance but to be honest the pace ward costs didn't make sense on a value/excess v risk basis.

Mine was fully comp limited road mileage mine been like yourself Arch a fully blown competition car just had to pay extra for track use with Pace ward per event as it happens due to matters out of my hands the car only did 20 odd road miles last year and it will do another 2 miles next week when I take it for its MOT then now matters are back in my hands it will be coming back over the border to get finished lol......where have i heard that before!!!!
    365 days more like years……. gotta get this car finished…..nearly there time to finish is a bitch

Currently trying Keith Michael's. Limited road miles, all mods declared (obvs) at a price I'm happy with.

REIS are excellent, owned by the company I work for. Any problems direct to me I actually look after them from the insurer side.

Tell them Clive sent you
    Key sponsors - Stella Motorsport/SD Motorsport/Area 52 Autosport/AS Performance/REIS.co.uk

Clive do they also do trailers my trailer insurance is due would be easier to tag it onto the RA insurance

Not sure they do, have an ask. We do in other areas of the Group though
    Key sponsors - Stella Motorsport/SD Motorsport/Area 52 Autosport/AS Performance/REIS.co.uk