PDA

View Full Version : Tyre fitter for the events

Leecalcars
27th March 2015, 16:40
Just wondered what tyre fitters attend the sprints and are they at every event ?

Lee

sonic93
27th March 2015, 19:47
There isn't any dude bring crow bars and ky

Leecalcars
27th March 2015, 20:06
There isn't any dude bring crow bars and kyNot good Rob has anyone contacted them to make an appearance ?

gussy
27th March 2015, 23:34
Lee from what I have read im sure you have to run on the tyres you start the event with unless weather conditions come into it i.e. hot weather to torrential down pour on the safety side of things.

Steven
27th March 2015, 23:56
You have mis read the regs Gussy.

Riggers
28th March 2015, 06:52
Lee from what I have read im sure you have to run on the tyres you start the event with unless weather conditions come into it i.e. hot weather to torrential down pour on the safety side of things.

That's just in S1 mate

Bez300
28th March 2015, 07:54
Lee you are so good at getting things organised,
I would never thought of trying to get a tire man to come to events to change tires,

What tires are you bringing with you?
Can I ask why you would want to change your tires through the day,

Or are you after a tire man to bring sprint tires with him so we can buy them when we get there?

C. J.
28th March 2015, 09:36
First year of 22b series there was a tyre fitter at most events selling new & used tyres

neverneverman
28th March 2015, 09:45
But not many used him ,so not worth his time to come..

gussy
28th March 2015, 09:52
You have mis read the regs Gussy.

Thanks Steven at lest somebody is keeping me straight need to go to spec savers :)

Leecalcars
28th March 2015, 16:04
Lee you are so good at getting things organised,
I would never thought of trying to get a tire man to come to events to change tires,

What tires are you bringing with you?
Can I ask why you would want to change your tires through the day,

Or are you after a tire man to bring sprint tires with him so we can buy them when we get there?Bit of both really need to purchase some Z210 comp wets in 17" also have a few tyres Cr311 X02 compound i may put on throughout the day i might even mix compound on each axle so if the opportunity of a fitter was there would be spot on !!

johnfelstead
28th March 2015, 18:52
By the time you have swapped tyres on rims you've missed a couple of runs.

You would be better served having one set of mounted wheels/tyres for practice and one set of mounted wheels/tyres for timed runs, then a set of mounted wheels/wet tyres for if it rains. Any more than that is not practical at a sprint.

As said earlier, its unlikely you will have a tyre fitter, there is no money in it for them.

Leecalcars
28th March 2015, 19:58
Ive Got mechanics to do tyres John , i have numerous sets of wheels and tyres and was just asking the question if one was present , I now know to be prepared

johnfelstead
28th March 2015, 21:21
Your welcome