PDA

View Full Version : Running order for Kames :)

mechell
16th July 2013, 12:00
No. Owner Car Class Club
1 GREENSTAR EVO 6 C MLR
2 DUSTY FLOOR EVO 5 B MLR
3 J@Y EVO 6 C MLR
4 SLEEPERSY TYPE R S1 22B
5 ROOFERMAN555 TYPE RA S2 22B
6 ANDYSCOOBYM3 STI S3 22B
7 SCOOBY SPARES TYPE R S3 22B
8 THE OLD BOY STI S2 22B
9 KILLIN1 EVO 6 C MLR
10 WILL G EVO 9 C MLR
11 SIMON_16V EVO 5 B MLR
12 JOHN STEVENSON TYPE R S3 22B
14 JUSTIN A STI RA S2 22B
15 ALANREVO EVO 6 A MLR
16 EVILREAP EVO 6 A MLR
17 MARTINW@EPP EVO 6 C MLR
18 SHAWY STI S3 22B
19 KENNY1 EVO 5 D MLR
20 BAZMR420 EVO 8 B MLR
21 THETYRANT EVO 2 A MLR
22 DAVIE-EVO 4 EVO 5 A MLR
23 WIGLEY EVO 8 C MLR
24 ARMAGEDDON EVO 9 B MLR
25 SIMONSEVO EVO 7 B MLR
26 LAWSY EVO 7 D MLR
28 BEZ300 WRX S3 22B
29 MR 4NDERSON EVO B MLR
30 LAWF EVO 6 C MLR
31 JACK THE LAD STI S2 22B
32 ANDYH TYPE UK S3 22B
33 BAZ25 EVO 6 D MLR
34 BLACKY EVO 7 D MLR
35 P23RAB EVO 5 B MLR
36 MADMAC EVO 6 D MLR
37 EVO_ROB EVO 8 C MLR
38 D2 EVO 5 B MLR
39 PAULO SPEC C SPEC C S2 22B
40 T7BAN EVO 6 D MLR
41 34PSI EVO 6 D MLR
42 RODNEY EVO C MLR
43 LIDDY EVO 6 D MLR
44 FOOMEISTER EVO 8 B MLR
45 SCOTTYROBBO72 EVO 8 A MLR
45 CORKY_79 EVO 8 B MLR

Justin A
20th July 2013, 21:20
well done Paul on the S2 win what a day for you mate! Nice one Bez for giving Paul a spare driveshaft otherwise it would have been a different result.

although I didnt travel over 400 miles one way a week before totb for a 3rd I am actually quite happy with the result. I couldnt attack one particular corner properly through fear of binning it on cold brakes and tyres but no excuses everyone is in the same boat and it was definitely pauls day today. I certainly attacked the rest of the course thinking it was relatively safe to do so but I heard that at the end of the day an evo rolled at the same place where I ran off knto the grass sideways but luckily I managed to gather it up where his dug in - scary stuff but the driver was ok.

Well done John Stevenson for the fastest subaru, not bad considering the shakedown spec. Also many thanks to you and Elaine for the hospitality.

Finally well done Simon North for monstering S1, cant wait to see the video ;)

Andy.F
20th July 2013, 21:24
Well done Justin, you guys certainly gave Mr S a run for his money with 5 of you all within 0.3 seconds!

Justin A
20th July 2013, 21:32
Yes, I forgot to mention how close everything was, also big well done to Logan for overall FTD he is on fire atm.

johnfelstead
20th July 2013, 21:35
Looked like a great competition again.

Did Bez have problems?

Drewster
20th July 2013, 21:52
I had a run over this morning, it was good crack n some quick cars

Well done to all :)

MAD Hammer
20th July 2013, 22:11
So the skirted one comes out and wins ! :D well done John, not seen full results with my own probs but sounds like you guys had fun

Andy.F
20th July 2013, 22:25
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/971505_10151752636822446_674518969_n.jpg

Saving on tyre wear again ;)

MAD Hammer
20th July 2013, 22:31
And he promised me only 90% today ! :)

Andy Hughes
20th July 2013, 22:44
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/971505_10151752636822446_674518969_n.jpg

Saving on tyre wear again ;)
Omg
This must be where he made the 0.3sec on me. Maybee the black stuff is not the quickest way around the track after all lol
Well done John was good to catch up mate

John Stevenson
20th July 2013, 22:48
Clive, shortest and safest way round ;)
No Launch Control, used 3/4 year old Dunlops (had new Gucci tyres with me :D)
Had the car on two wheels less than about 10 time in total :P Only nearly rolled it once, didn't fit/use the Nitrous :) On VPower Map cause Mapper couldn't be arsed showing up to Max the VP import Map, just discovered my brake Bias Bar was wound all the way to the rear (didn't feel right, but I thought it was me being Rusty :( Sleeper Sy stole all my fuel ;) Scott Doherty had put a Full Legacy Exhaust in my Boot !! It felt like the Air Con wasn't working as it should in the heat :D Drew kept trying to touch me ;) Spent most of the morning trying to save Justin's life (just till next week is done to be fair) ;) Don't like heights, so didn't want to be on the podium anyway......................

I'd say 85-90% effort :D ;)

Bez300
20th July 2013, 23:27
Just got in from another great event,
Big thanks to all the organisers and sponsors
Only managed 3 runs after lunch,
On the start line, and my car alarm decided to fill the car with smoke,
Spent the rest of the afternoon removing the alarm and trying to get car started, got it started for last run,
All going well until hairpin, then it stopped again,
But had a great day and was getting faster as the day went on,

What a track,

Bez

monkeynuts
21st July 2013, 06:23
Just got in from another great event,
Big thanks to all the organisers and sponsors
Only managed 3 runs after lunch,
On the start line, and my car alarm decided to fill the car with smoke,
Spent the rest of the afternoon removing the alarm and trying to get car started, got it started for last run,
All going well until hairpin, then it stopped again,
But had a great day and was getting faster as the day went on,

What a track,

Bez

Wondered why you stopped the lone Marshall looked well knackered trying to push your motor;)at least you never went into the Gravel Trap twice at warp speed :rolleyes: Now I have the fun of sorting through 5000+ pictures

MAD Hammer
21st July 2013, 07:47
Clive, shortest and safest way round ;)
No Launch Control, used 3/4 year old Dunlops (had new Gucci tyres with me :D)
Had the car on two wheels less than about 10 time in total :P Only nearly rolled it once, didn't fit/use the Nitrous :) On VPower Map cause Mapper couldn't be arsed showing up to Max the VP import Map, just discovered my brake Bias Bar was wound all the way to the rear (didn't feel right, but I thought it was me being Rusty :( Sleeper Sy stole all my fuel ;) Scott Doherty had put a Full Legacy Exhaust in my Boot !! It felt like the Air Con wasn't working as it should in the heat :D Drew kept trying to touch me ;) Spent most of the morning trying to save Justin's life (just till next week is done to be fair) ;) Don't like heights, so didn't want to be on the podium anyway......................

I'd say 85-90% effort :D ;)

That's made me smile this morning, top man.

rooferman555
21st July 2013, 08:42
Brillian track which really showed my weaknesses .. :)

Well done to Paulo on the s2 win.....was nice to see you and team so happy with the success on last run.

Really good times from all the top runners, I was well off the pace.

Funny how you learn more from not doing well...lol..

Gunna need to edit my signature now .. damn..:confused:

Hope the evo driver who rolled at the end is o.k ? :(

Andy Hughes
21st July 2013, 09:13
Don't be disheartend Adam. This round means nothing to your championship you only need 1 more win and you have won the s2 championship.
I hated the track mate, and was amazed I did so well. It certainly wasn't a power track and by the looks of mine and your tyres near the end they were shot. Mine was like I was driving on ball bearings so I would presume yours were the same. IMO we should of gone out for a drive on the road to clean them off like others did.
I learnt a lot from this event

rooferman555
21st July 2013, 09:49
Yours and Justin, Paulo,s times where awsome Andy....

I didn't suss where I was going wrong untill last two runs and by then I was trying too hard and came off ....

I still don't think I would of been anywhere near though.....

Was a great learning curve and a brilliant weekend still....

We had a good laugh, got to know sleepersy, and spent some time in the sun....all in all a good weekend.:)

Dan Lewis
21st July 2013, 10:03
gutted i missed this one, was sat in the airport watching the live timing though whilst waiting for my flight home, its typical that work get in the way of the non power biased circuit!
Roll on Castle Combe then ;-)

AndyH
21st July 2013, 10:42
Had a great day yesterday,l loved the circuit.Bez and I were close all day until he had electrical problems. Glad the gravel trap works well,but you've got to try haven't you?

rooferman555
21st July 2013, 10:53
You definitely made a point of testing it Andy .:D..

Drewster
21st July 2013, 11:33
Had a great day yesterday,l loved the circuit.Bez and I were close all day until he had electrical problems. Glad the gravel trap works well,but you've got to try haven't you?

You definitely made a point of testing it Andy .:D..

Yip it was defo a ass twitching moment watching it lol (bet ya butt went 10p-50p manhole cover lol :) )

toffee
21st July 2013, 11:39
Funny how you learn more from not doing well...lol.. (

so true mate ;)

AndyH
21st July 2013, 11:58
Yip it was defo a ass twitching moment watching it lol (bet ya butt went 10p-50p manhole cover lol :) )

More embarrassment than fear.

dunx
21st July 2013, 12:53
Great day ! Just surfaced after 12 hours asleep !

Off to find camera...

Shame my knee exploded walking across the car park.... was going cycling in Scottish-land today, instead sat in cloudy 17 degree Yorkshire instead of out in the sunshine. Thanks to all the guys for another superb event.

dunx

P.S. With the kind permission of AH !

http://s587.photobucket.com/user/dunx2002/media/video/AH-Kames.mp4.html?sort=3&o=0

Nathan Lockley
21st July 2013, 18:45
Again was a great day even with the 14hr round trip,

i myself have never learnt so much in one day, especially carrying speed!!

just ashame we found this was the fastest way round the rollercoaster too late on the day and had only two runs to use this method in frustration, it felt alot quicker but had a off so no good,

massive thanks to everyone was a great laugh and was nice to meet up again, also was nice to chat to a few faces i havent before, sleeper Si and his wife great couple :) John Stevenson, Justin and a few more:)

well done Paul and Chevron, Andy and Justin and to all other podium places :)

bring on Coombe i say..... turning out to be a great year and getting closer every round, this is is getting more competitive than F1 lol

nathan

SleeperSy
22nd July 2013, 16:00
My Kames Trip.

Set off 10.00am Friday from North London, arrived at 18.30. Stayed in a nice B+B [Converted Church] 500m from track. About 20.30 fancied a quick beer. Went to pub in town. Had 2 pints, just about to leave and a few locals at the bar called me over and started chatting. Left the bar at 1.30am!!

Arrived at track 0730 on Sat, I was no4 next to Adam. Had the crack with Andy,Adam Dave, Scott, Nathan and Steven. 4 Nurofens and a Redbull later and Im ready to roll!!

Did a track walk with John Stephenson and Justin.

Really enjoyed the track. I was the only one in S1, so my target was to beat some of the class A EVOs. The car was balanced and easy to drive and didnt miss a beat. Last week I fitted a VBox lite video system. It has two cameras and provides lots of data.

No matter how hard I tried, I could not get under 1 minute dead, I tried different gears and different lines, but just could not do it. So I ended up 41 out of 41 cars attended, beaten by 6/100th, I really did not want to finish last!!! But I was happy with the car and such fun. Vbox was showing 1.5 g in corners, 1 g braking and .8 g acceleration, not sure if this is good or average. Got fuel surge on second to last run, so John Stephenson kindly gave me some fuel.

Here is a vid of a run in the morning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqhAV5FmsnU&feature=youtu.be

Any advice of how I can gain time welcome.

My misses turned up at Lunchtime [It's a long story]

Here is a vid of her experiencing sprinting for the first time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6WPZERjwsU

Stayed at the same B+B Sat night with the misses.

Drove back on Sunday Morning at 10.00 got home at 1830. Knackered!!!

I liked the track and will certainly do it next year if its on.

Sy

Matt R
22nd July 2013, 16:22
Lol at Helena. Brilliant. Glad you had fun dude.

Andy Hughes
22nd July 2013, 16:43
Love the vid sy, was great to meet you both on saturday

sonic93
22nd July 2013, 16:44
Looks like she loved it lol what power you running?
Sy where you from in north London?

MAD Hammer
22nd July 2013, 16:52
Not the first time she has said that's 'too fast' Simon :)

johnfelstead
22nd July 2013, 18:33
LOL Quality Vid. Hands down gripping thighs is safer though Sy, you don't want arms up there in a roll. :)

Maybe make sure she can brace against the front bulkhead with her feet too, it will make for a much more secure and less floppy ride. :D

Steven
22nd July 2013, 18:37
Looks like you all had great fun, sorry i couldnt make it :(, was busy having fun elsewhere :)

Just a note to say the results documents etc are a little delayed, as the laptop recording them died at the end of the day, so is currently being rebuilt to reclaim the data :)

SleeperSy
23rd July 2013, 07:26
Love the vid sy, was great to meet you both on saturday

Good to meet you too. Your car is too clean to race. Its so fast for a road going car.

Looks like she loved it lol what power you running?
Sy where you from in north London?

It dynoed at 237 at the hubs. I live in Hastingwood just to the East of Harlow. [North London to Northerners :) ]

Not the first time she has said that's 'too fast' Simon :)

Tell me about it :D

LOL Quality Vid. Hands down gripping thighs is safer though Sy, you don't want arms up there in a roll. :)

Maybe make sure she can brace against the front bulkhead with her feet too, it will make for a much more secure and less floppy ride. :D

John - Shes insured for 10 Mil - next time I take her on track it will be in a V12 Metro convertible with a bench seat:D Seriously though Helina did use put her feet on the bulkhead on subsequent runs and enjoyed the runs more.

I was surprised how many people were doing competitive runs with passengers - I think thats great as it means supporter/helpers get some of the fun.

blacky
23rd July 2013, 11:46
Yes, I forgot to mention how close everything was, also big well done to Logan for overall FTD he is on fire atm.

Cheers Justin :D 1 of those days where everything seemed to slot into place. Really enjoying my car at the moment.

Kames is a really nice tight technical track. Flows well I think. Shame its in the Boonies! :lol:

See you at Combe :)