PDA

View Full Version : Timed sprint days @ Elvington

CM-TOTB
10th January 2008, 23:28
There will be 4 or 5 open rwyb timed sprint events this season at Elvington, on behalf of Straigtliners. new timing will be used kit allowing 2 or more cars to be timed at once with transponders. full details and dates in due course, first two events will fall in April and May so ideal for totb testing :)

Andrew Carr
11th January 2008, 09:32
Isn't there also a top speed day in July?

paul North
18th January 2008, 17:19
I will defo be at these, along with the mlrss, plus a few msa ones

CM-TOTB
18th January 2008, 21:47
i think there is a top speed only day in july, again awaiting dates confirmed.
top speed day will probably be cars and bikes, incl the 240+mph turbo bikes! :)

scoobytyson
18th January 2008, 22:27
Very interested in doing these timed sprints, will there be a noise limit?

CM-TOTB
18th January 2008, 22:43
yes but currently still subject to a final court hearing as to noise levels and background noise, been rumbling on for a long time, expected to be cleared up and made official end of this month.

paul North
2nd February 2008, 13:31
Is there any more news on these days yet please,,
This winter seems to be lasting ages

CM-TOTB
5th February 2008, 22:34
hi paul
some bad news on these dates, all 4 were lost due to the out of court settlement on elvington noise issue. basically the council and elvington agreed to settle out of court with a compromise deal. no further noise limits on venue other than those already in place, in return a reduction in no of days per month for noisy events and a cut in no of F1 testing days. one fully quiet sunday per month also apparently. good news is its now all resolved, and we have dates confirmed etc for other stuff incl totb ! shame about the sprint days tho, was going to have a crack myself so will have to look elsewhere now. :-(

Shmerman
6th February 2008, 10:26
This really pi$$es me off.......people buy a house near an airfield yet complain when there is a bit of noise!!!

Slooby
6th February 2008, 18:34
Although not the same; I learnt today that Old Sodbury's Sort Out (a Land Rover Autojumble) that's held at Newbury Show Ground twice a year has been cancelled. This is becuase the 'Highways Agency' have stated that the show causes too much traffic to back up onto the A34 and M4 on the day of the event. They want to change vast sums to the show ground and the organisers for special traffic management on the day...a Sunday...which is interesting when every day of the working week there is a back up of traffic at the very same junction and they do feck all about that :mad:

To add insult to injury one of the reasons for the traffic backlog is caused by the local council dictating that stall holders can't access the site until 10am, and then rest of visiting hoards from 11am...naturally there's a mad rush to get in and set up.

One suspects political agendas are sneaking into these decisions, because car enthusiasts are involved...

CM-TOTB
6th February 2008, 22:57
its a p***er about the rwyb sprint days, but all users of elvington have been cut back to some extent on amount of days as part of the compromise deal. its also affected costs (as usual) as less days there = more cost per day to make up lost revenues no doubt. court costs were also 6 fig sums for each side from what i gather.

Slooby
6th February 2008, 23:05
Originally posted by CM-TOTB:
court costs were also 6 fig sums for each side from what i gather. :eek: