PDA

View Full Version : Redline TOTB VII Sun 27th July 2008

CM-TOTB
10th January 2008, 21:59
further info will be posted v shortly, but confirmation the date is Sun 27th July 2008.
cheers

Andy.F
10th January 2008, 22:12
Will you be having staged starting ie 2 running at once on the handling this year Chris ?
Any reg changes or same as last year ?

CM-TOTB
10th January 2008, 23:23
Hi Andy

yes a few changes have been proposed (ie handling cct etc), i'll post a copy of proposals and info below. i have sent a copy to all the team reps, and also spoken to Steven earlier in week but he hadnt at that point received the email for some reason, i re-sent it yesterday.
regards
chris

>>>>>
We intend starting dialogue from next week with team reps regarding the new proposals and changes to the event for competitors with a view to signing off any changes by the 1st March if possible.

In addition we have some information and proposals for you reps to put to your team members and groups which may be of interest:

For Spectators-
Introduction of raised viewing terraces in addition to grandstands for spectators which should help alleviate the problems with crowded viewing experienced in previous years. Further improvements to the results displays and PA system including a full Redline results service from the Redline marquee. The trade display area and show car section will also use the same larger hard standing area as last year which worked very well.

For car club members
Group buy discount as usual on bulk orders of 10 or more advance spectator tickets, along with a dedicated show area for the top 5 show cars from each club within the trade area. Competing clubs will also be given room for a club marquee if required alongside the show cars.

For competitors- specific proposals- please give feedback on:

1. Handling circuit- Straightliners Ltd have a new TAG Huer multi-car timing system for this season, which will allow 2 cars out on track (with suitable safety gap) to be individually timed and recorded. This should obviously reduce waiting times considerably. We also propose that the untimed sighting lap for each car is dropped as it is one of the main delays to the handling circuit. One other possibility is that all drivers are allowed to walk the circuit on Sunday morning prior to the event starting, to give them an initial sight of the circuit layout. These changes combined with the new timing system would massively reduce the queues on the handling and will ensure more competitors get all their 5 timed runs in (should they wish to do so).
2. Top Speed- we are proposing a standing kilometre top speed trap for 2008, which will give us a couple of improvements, one being safety related as the standing mile is already massively quick with many cars pushing 200+mph, plus itís also very hard on the actual cars in terms of engine damage and retirements. If a standing kilometre is adopted we can also hard-wire the speed trap back to the main timing system, giving instant results rather than waiting for a print out to be sent back or radioed in. The reduced top speeds achieved would still be circa 160-180mph (est.) for the top cars so still very much a viewing spectacle. We are also looking at re-introducing the top speed viewing area for spectators. (Subject to insurer approval.)
3. Classes/tyres- last years class structure and tyre rules worked very well. Suggestions on other allowed tyres should be made before 1st March, similarly for any suggestions on rules/regs. Other than that we aim to maintain the class and rule structure from last season.
(Cont.)
4. Test days- Straightliners will be running some timed sprint events at Elvington using the new timing system in the run up to TOTB. These events are open to anyone, and will provide suitable qualifying/practise days for handling cars. Confirmed dates will be announced shortly but the first two are pencilled in for April and May at Elvington. (Info to follow.)

CM-TOTB
10th January 2008, 23:25
I've posted the above info for actual competitors and team reps to make comment on please, rather than people who dont want to enter and/or have nothing to do with the event itself :)

John Stevenson
10th January 2008, 23:37
As a seasoned speed competitor, can I suggest the lose of the stop box in favour of a flying finish, this will ease the issue of running one car at a time. If need be have a distant exit gate from the circuit to the spectator area where the car has to stop or reach a minimum speed.

This will save, when running multiple cars, a fast car catching a slow car near the end giving you a marshaling issue. I don't see the need for the stop boxx if you can multiplex timing, except for the difference in relative performance.

---john---

stevieturbo
11th January 2008, 01:05
I think part of the purpose of the stop box was also a safety measure...to ensure people dont go daft at the end, and cant physically get stopped.

But in a 2 car situation...a stop box could get messy if the lead car didnt remove itself in time.

For the 1/4...time displays viewable from both sides of the track isnt too much to ask for ??
Even throw them on the roof of the caravan. Down low makes it difficult for people to see unless they are right at the front.

CM-TOTB
11th January 2008, 23:11
stop box is already a point in question, first of the timed sprint days will see how the new system works etc.

one point yet not agreed is the drag finals, a proposal being to drop the fwd vs rwd shootout and then 2wd winner vs 4wd (road) class shootout.
reason this was suggested is that after totb1, the event then went to overall points to win the title, the chance of a fwd car beating the rwd then 4wd became even less of a prospect. in effect those finals would now be purely class finals, in order, ie fwd, then rwd, then 4wd as the road cars, finishing off with the pro drag class d finals. comments?

stevieturbo
12th January 2008, 00:04
Originally posted by CM-TOTB:
stop box is already a point in question, first of the timed sprint days will see how the new system works etc.

one point yet not agreed is the drag finals, a proposal being to drop the fwd vs rwd shootout and then 2wd winner vs 4wd (road) class shootout.
reason this was suggested is that after totb1, the event then went to overall points to win the title, the chance of a fwd car beating the rwd then 4wd became even less of a prospect. in effect those finals would now be purely class finals, in order, ie fwd, then rwd, then 4wd as the road cars, finishing off with the pro drag class d finals. comments? You say the lesser cars dont have a chance. But look at last years final. Some cars blew up....and some had a little mishap on the line
TOTB V, the overall winner couldnt even make it to the start of the drag final, nevermind the finish line.

Anything can happen, and although the chances are slim.....it can give a big boost to the under-dog when they do win.

CM-TOTB
12th January 2008, 00:08
it was one of the things people mentioned thats all, about maybe just running the top 4 from each class as straight finals now that the overall winner comes on points, not from a one off drag final.

Slooby
12th January 2008, 12:10
Question is Stevie, how many spectators (not team/car related) actually hung around for the finals? I seem to recall that the numbers always drop off dramatically by then, and by the prize giving you really are left with just the involved and hangers on ;)

CM-TOTB
12th January 2008, 20:39
anyway its there as a proposal for the team reps to discuss with their team players so we'll see what the feedback is in the next few weeks.
cheers

Andy.F
12th January 2008, 22:30
For competitors- specific proposals- please give feedback on:

1. Handling circuit- Straightliners Ltd have a new TAG Huer multi-car timing system for this season, which will allow 2 cars out on track (with suitable safety gap) to be individually timed and recorded. This should obviously reduce waiting times considerably. We also propose that the untimed sighting lap for each car is dropped as it is one of the main delays to the handling circuit. One other possibility is that all drivers are allowed to walk the circuit on Sunday morning prior to the event starting, to give them an initial sight of the circuit layout. These changes combined with the new timing system would massively reduce the queues on the handling and will ensure more competitors get all their 5 timed runs in (should they wish to do so).Sounds good smile.gif Difficult to get a feel for the layout with a walkround, better than nothing though.
How about a 1 lap minibus/people carrier tour ? Immediately before the drivers briefing, would take maybe 10 runs so approx 10 mins by the time you fill/empty it ?

2. Top Speed- we are proposing a standing kilometre top speed trap for 2008, which will give us a couple of improvements, one being safety related as the standing mile is already massively quick with many cars pushing 200+mph, plus itís also very hard on the actual cars in terms of engine damage and retirements. If a standing kilometre is adopted we can also hard-wire the speed trap back to the main timing system, giving instant results rather than waiting for a print out to be sent back or radioed in. The reduced top speeds achieved would still be circa 160-180mph (est.) for the top cars so still very much a viewing spectacle. We are also looking at re-introducing the top speed viewing area for spectators. (Subject to insurer approval.)Yes, like it. It was always a pain not knowing your speed for ages after the run. Much safer and easier on the cars.

3. Classes/tyres- last years class structure and tyre rules worked very well. Suggestions on other allowed tyres should be made before 1st March, similarly for any suggestions on rules/regs. Other than that we aim to maintain the class and rule structure from last season. Thumbs up from me.

reason this was suggested is that after totb1, the event then went to overall points to win the title, the chance of a fwd car beating the rwd then 4wd became even less of a prospect. in effect those finals would now be purely class finals, in order, ie fwd, then rwd, then 4wd as the road cars, finishing off with the pro drag class d finals. comments? Lat year as I was returning from the 4wd final to line up for the 2WD v 4WD final I was barely able to get through the crowds walking back down the pits, very few remained for that part of the event (luckily for me ;) ) I presume that was because it was never going to be a 'proper' race in most eyes. Not much point in keeping it if so few want to watch it in my opinion.

cheers

Andy

stevieturbo
12th January 2008, 23:39
There needs to be more defined rules for what is, and isnt a road car to be allowed in the road class...

If a car has a custom shell, held together by a cage as its main structure, retains none of the original factory bulkheads, interior, well, anything really. etc.....then surely it isnt going to be allowed in a road car class.

Its quite obvious what Im getting at here. If that isnt a tube chassis car, then what is ?

Although until we see what cars try to enter under the pretence of being a road car.....its all speculation.

Aside from that..last years seem to work pretty well.
I would still prefer the standing mile, as it is a more recognised benchmark....and I'd love to try a shot at 200.

But if it has to be 1km...then so be it. In some respects, it might even be a benefit to me.

[ 12. January 2008, 11:45 PM: Message edited by: stevieturbo ]

CM-TOTB
13th January 2008, 16:58
i think the standing k would be very interesting tbh as a lot more cars would be closer grouped around the top ten on speed.

Paul@Zen
13th January 2008, 18:58
A stanking km is a bad move IMHO. It becomes a longer drag strip rather than a top speed run. 2.5 disciplies rather than 3.

David_Wallis
13th January 2008, 20:00
I must admit I agree on the standing km, but I think allowing spectators at the top speed area is a bad move I think a screen showing the top speed area live would be much safer..

David

keith cowie
13th January 2008, 21:48
1/2 a mile would do fine lol

Good idea with the standing Km much safer for engine and driver

Keith

stevieturbo
13th January 2008, 23:22
When there was people viewing top speeds a year or 2 ago....how many people actually went up there ?

Its not as if cars perform the flyers regularly...and some not a tall.
So it would be difficult for anyone to get up there to view any particular car.

The video is a good idea.....if it can be implemented. A video of any car doing a flyer at the start area, along with its speed showing up.

Chungster
14th January 2008, 19:52
I can say that as a spectator that's been to TOTB 5 times, I've not once bothered with taking a bus ride up to the top to watch the top speed runs.

It just doesn't make sense as like some have said not all cars attempting the 1/4 mile will go on for a top speed run.

I'd rather stay at the bottom end where you can see the other 2 disciplines of drag and handling.

A big grandstand is very much needed on the Grassy side of the drag strip if possible cos unless you're at the front on the fence, you're not gonna see much!!!!

CM-TOTB
14th January 2008, 22:26
we have plans for terraces as well as grandstands this year, but thats a seperate discussion tbh. as far as the top speed viewing it was well used with the bus. so far its more people in favour of the km than mile, but its only been a week since we asked reps to pass around the proposal so nothing is fixed as yet, however there are a few issues around the top speed distance as mentioned.

so many cars are now 150+mph at the 1/4m that at 1/2mile distance you'd expect to still see 180-190mph for the top ten cars at least we estimate.

Paul@Zen
14th January 2008, 22:55
so many cars are now 150+mph at the 1/4m that at 1/2mile distance you'd expect to still see 180-190mph for the top ten cars at least we estimate. And that's the problem, it's just an extension of the drag strip. If you just want to see some cars going fast that's fine, but I would rather see different cars in the top speed results than the drag.

stevieturbo
14th January 2008, 23:13
Ultimately the big power cars are going to be up there anyway, whether 1Km or 1mile.

The shorter the distance, in some ways favours the 4wd cars, as they tend to shine...whereas the 2wd tend to trap a little higher as distance goes on.

Not a general rule by any means though.

Andy.F
14th January 2008, 23:15
It will be interesting to see how long it takes for someone to run 200mph at 1km :cool: I don't think Keith is far away !

CM-TOTB
14th January 2008, 23:17
Originally posted by Pavlo:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />so many cars are now 150+mph at the 1/4m that at 1/2mile distance you'd expect to still see 180-190mph for the top ten cars at least we estimate. And that's the problem, it's just an extension of the drag strip. If you just want to see some cars going fast that's fine, but I would rather see different cars in the top speed results than the drag. </font>[/QUOTE]can see what you mean Paul but the top speed result would still be significantly higher than the 1/4m trap speeds. keiths car for instance was doing 200mph in under half a mile.
rgds

CM-TOTB
14th January 2008, 23:18
andy- keiths logs had 200mph in under a half mile on datron and 209mph at the rev limit before he backed off if i remember.

Andy.F
14th January 2008, 23:28
Interesting, due to traction I'm slower at the 1/8 than Keith but start to catch up speed after that and we both cross the 1/4m at the same mph, wonder how that extrapolates out to 1km ;)

Paul@Zen
14th January 2008, 23:41
Exactly.

So you're tipping the "top speed" event in the favour of the drag cars. A lower power, more efficient car may well eclipse Kieth's car at 1.25 miles, despite being the underdog. Joel's viper is somewhere in between, big, powerful but heavy, a good contender at 1 mile and beyond, but at 1 km he's going to still be catching up after a low traction start.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Pavlo:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />so many cars are now 150+mph at the 1/4m that at 1/2mile distance you'd expect to still see 180-190mph for the top ten cars at least we estimate. And that's the problem, it's just an extension of the drag strip. If you just want to see some cars going fast that's fine, but I would rather see different cars in the top speed results than the drag. </font>[/QUOTE]can see what you mean Paul but the top speed result would still be significantly higher than the 1/4m trap speeds. keiths car for instance was doing 200mph in under half a mile.
rgds </font>[/QUOTE]

stevieturbo
14th January 2008, 23:58
1km would probably really favour me given aerodynamics....Id still prefer a mile though.

keith cowie
15th January 2008, 08:32
Originally posted by Andy.F:
Interesting, due to traction I'm slower at the 1/8 than Keith but start to catch up speed after that and we both cross the 1/4m at the same mph, wonder how that extrapolates out to 1km ;) Hi Andy

I have just had a look at the datron data from the 0-300 run.

2762 ft to get to 200 mph in 14.7 seconds

2762 feet = 0.841 kilometer

Keith

David_Wallis
15th January 2008, 08:58
Interesting, due to traction I'm slower at the 1/8 than Keith but start to catch up speed after that and we both cross the 1/4m at the same mph, wonder how that extrapolates out to 1km So maybe its time you got some decent suspension and somne new rubber on the car, along with some tyre heaters or heaven forbid a slushbox.

Andy.F
15th January 2008, 22:48
Nah, just wind up the booooost smile.gif

David_Wallis
15th January 2008, 23:19
Nooo.. LOL..

Nice change :D

John Stevenson
15th January 2008, 23:25
Whit is a Slush Box and do I need one ? Innit !!

stevieturbo
16th January 2008, 00:31
More boost ??

How about a 2.0 Cossie engine with 72psi boost ?

http://forcedinductions.com/images/turbopics/FI80X-122ciFordprotosmall.jpg

David_Wallis
16th January 2008, 19:15
is that 4.89 or 3.89 bar?

Dan Lewis
16th January 2008, 20:41
72 psi = 4.96 bar :eek: :eek: :D

Robertio
16th January 2008, 22:37
Originally posted by Pavlo:
[QUOTE]And that's the problem, it's just an extension of the drag strip. If you just want to see some cars going fast that's fine, but I would rather see different cars in the top speed results than the drag. I'm of the same opinion as Paul on this one. The quick RWD are still having problems finding traction at the end of the 1/4. A lot of them are geared very long so that they can actually use the power on the road. By reducing it to 1km they may as well remove their 6th gear.
The drag 4WD cars can shorten their gearing to allow them to max out top just after 1km (and improve their acceleration to get there), the high powered 2WD cars have nothing to gain by doing this. They will either gain even less traction or have to change gear multiple times (so wasting time) between the 1/4 end and 1km.

I'd agree with removing the stop box as well - there will be carnage if someone stalls their car pulling out of the stop box if someone is coming around behind them flat out. If all competitors are told that they should slow to a sensible speed after their run and become stationary (or close to) before exiting the fenced off area and this is enforced (ie. ignore twice and thrown out of event) then there should not be any problem.

Like the multiple cars at once on the handling track idea. What happens though if your lap is ruined by the other car spinning out / moving a cone in front of you? Do you still join the back of the queue and lose one of your 5 laps?

For the finals: have you considered using the drag strip as a return road during the finals? Every year competitors find it a nightmare trying to get around through the mass of people. This means spectators spend ages standing around between runs, get bored and leave. You could do something like run the first semi, and the 2 cars stay at the far end, run the second semi, then all 4 cars come back together.

CM-TOTB
16th January 2008, 22:51
as far as any car spinning out, they would obviously lose that lap and therefore one of their 5 timed goes, and would leave the area to rejoin the back of the queue.
any following car which had been impeded would be directed back to the start line to slot back in, without losing an attempt. its only fair to do so.

the suggestion of returning all the cars at the final stage via the strip is a good one, and its actually how they used to do it at sandtoft airfield when rwyb drag events ran, with no return road.

stevieturbo
17th January 2008, 17:54
Originally posted by Robertio:
I'm of the same opinion as Paul on this one. The quick RWD are still having problems finding traction at the end of the 1/4. A lot of them are geared very long so that they can actually use the power on the road. By reducing it to 1km they may as well remove their 6th gear. Again...I want the mile. But not sure I agree with you.
I have pretty good traction once into 3rd...and thats with much smaller tyres than most in 2wd..
I do not use 6th gear at all, except cruising on the motorway and tootling about. 5th gear can easily see me to 200mph at circa 7000rpm.

What gear/speed are a lot of 2wd cars in at a mile ? Who knows, the shorter distance might even favour their gearing more, given the speeds they might reach.

Id say at 1km, Id still be making excellent progress. More so than I would be at 1 mile, as acceleration will have dropped severly by that point, largely due to aerodynamics.

Robertio
17th January 2008, 20:54
If I set my car up for 1km I'd only use 2nd, 3rd, 4th on the 1/4 and then 5th for the top speed run. I had planned on having a longer final drive ratio so 1st could actually be used, but that would stick me between gears on the 1km (formerly known as top speed) run, so I'd be better off sticking with a 4.1 rather than going 3.9. Does beg the question of why have a 6 speed box if you are only going to use 4 of them?

Certainly the standard RX gearing is not suited for 1km as 5th is massively long compared to 4th. I maxed out 4th at IIRC 145-150mph, yet 5th would give a theoretical 214mph.

James's FD was only finding traction at the end of the strip last year, Ross wouldn't run the Dragon car again due to the complete absence of traction. They were both running drag suspension, so that may have something to do with it? Or it just may be the old large turbo traction issue.

Corvettes, or other cars running a T56 and factory final drive are going to be needing a change from 4th to 5th shortly before the 1km point unless they are running huge power. At 7k 4th will be good for around 150mph, and 5th 200 or so. This is the same issue I imagine you will have Stevie. I think that Vipers are slightly longer geared again.

stevieturbo
17th January 2008, 21:27
Originally posted by Robertio:
Does beg the question of why have a 6 speed box if you are only going to use 4 of them?
I find my gearing very good for the road. And 6th makes an ideal motorway cruiser. So that makes my 6 speed ideal.
As for how it performs on track.....it does what it does. I wont sacrifice my road gearing for it though. I dont want something that is revving its nuts off in top gear on the motorway.

A standard Viper gearing would be slightly taller than mine. But then...who says all the Vipers use standard gearing ? I know of at least 2 that dont, and are shorter than mine, requiring the use of 6th.

Andy.F
17th January 2008, 21:30
If you want a genuine top speed event that allows the big bhp 2wd cars to fully max out then you need a 3-4 mile straight, anything else is just playing at it.
May as well keep it safer and shorter in my opinion.

Paul@Zen
17th January 2008, 22:39
If you want it safer, scrap it!

johnfelstead
17th January 2008, 22:42
Andy's car isnt that badly built Paul. ;)

Andy.F
17th January 2008, 22:46
lol :D if you think having a welded in cage will save you in a 200+mph accident ? you are being just a bit naive ;)

johnfelstead
17th January 2008, 23:22
Who mentioned a cage? A small insight into Andy's mind given away there. :D

Andy.F
18th January 2008, 12:16
:D you don't want to go in there ;)

Paul@Zen
18th January 2008, 13:55
Already been, big and spacious with a light and airy feel ;)

CM-TOTB
18th January 2008, 21:57
last major proposal (which was aired last yr) is to review the drag finals as well, and reconfigure them to finish on the class finals in order, ie fwd, rwd, 4wd, pro drag. this proposal would see the end of the fwd vs rwd drag final and the 2wd vs 4wd final.

reasons for proposing this change; its a throwback to totb1, when the event could be won on the drag final alone. we then changed to a points based all round (fairer) system for totb2 on. the drag final system remained, and does extend an already very long day. the chances of an fwd car now beating rwd or 4wd are even more remote, and still wouldnt win them the overall trophy. this would then still give each class a proper drag final shootout and trophy to win, with the winner of each picking up a bonus point, same as the previous bonus for winning the 2wd vs 4wd drag shootout.

it would simply and clear up the end of the event, and we have been talking to fwd and rwd reps about this proposal.

CM-TOTB
2nd March 2008, 10:09
note update-
entry forms now available to download and spectator tickets now on sale at advance price via totb site.

if you are a subaru entrant please drop David Wallis a line as per ongoing team thread.
thanks

Andy.F
2nd March 2008, 10:19
Any rule changes for this year Chris ?
Also have you finalised the top speed distance ?

cheers

Andy

Paul@Zen
2nd March 2008, 18:07
Everyone has bee asking for that for years!

last major proposal (which was aired last yr) is to review the drag finals as well, and reconfigure them to finish on the class finals in order, ie fwd, rwd, 4wd, pro drag. this proposal would see the end of the fwd vs rwd drag final and the 2wd vs 4wd final.

reasons for proposing this change; its a throwback to totb1, when the event could be won on the drag final alone. we then changed to a points based all round (fairer) system for totb2 on. the drag final system remained, and does extend an already very long day. the chances of an fwd car now beating rwd or 4wd are even more remote, and still wouldnt win them the overall trophy. this would then still give each class a proper drag final shootout and trophy to win, with the winner of each picking up a bonus point, same as the previous bonus for winning the 2wd vs 4wd drag shootout.

it would simply and clear up the end of the event, and we have been talking to fwd and rwd reps about this proposal.

CM-TOTB
2nd March 2008, 22:49
reps were sent the update tonight but i can add it here for you guys. cheers

Redline TOTB 7 in association with Millers Oils- Sun 27th July 2008

To all - update on this years event:

We are now accepting entries for this yearís event. Please find attached the entry form, which is also downloadable from the totb website
http://totb.co.uk/compete/apply-now.asp

Closing date for entries is 3rd July please for all teams and individuals. As usual we will refund/swap upto the 9th July if anyone drops out, after that date however the lists are closed. Email us with any queries to
enquiries at totb.co.uk

Advance price spectator tickets are now on sale at the usual price of £15 plus p+p.
http://shop.totb.co.uk/products.asp
Tickets will only be sent out early in July.

Club group buys are available again based on a min order of 10+ tickets to one club address.

Event specifics for competitors/reps
1. Top speed distance- this has now been set at 1km standing speed trap, after the recent noise case was settled at Elvington. The very top end of the runway we use is to be kept as quiet as possible, and a 1km speed trap was already a proposal in the pipeline anyway, which we have now been instructed to use. At this distance however we still expect cars to approach 180+mph top speeds or more. The results clock can also be hard wired now back to the main control which will help in results being up to date without a half hr wait for them to be brought back from the top speed trap.
2. Handling circuit timing- after discussion and general feedback it seems the proposal to drop the untimed sighting lap for every car and just run 5 maximum timed laps per car is acceptable to all. The new timing clocks will allow two cars on track as described at safe intervals. Competitors may walk the course on the Sunday morning prior to event start if they wish, once they have signed on and got a wristband.
3. Drag Shootout finals- again the feedback has been good on the proposal to delete the fwd vs. rwd drag final and the 2wd vs. 4wd final, to ensure the day finishes within a reasonable time and is relevant.
We will be keeping the usual class based drag finals run off in the following order: - FWD, RWD, 4WD, then finally Pro-Drag. The top 4 cars in each class qualify as in previous years.
Competitors who win their own class drag final will then pick up a bonus point toward the overall scoring for the TOTB overall champion. (Pro-drag do not count points).
4. Handling shootout final- this will remain as previous, with a one point bonus for winning the shootout of the top 4 cars overall.

Nothing further has been proposed by any team reps/clubs or changed by ourselves to affect the way the event is scored overall, and no major changes to regs/tyres were raised as issues, so in effect the major changes are as detailed above.

as usual we would hope to keep in good contact with team reps during the next few months but bear in mind as ever the limited amount of places available (and the need for official reserves to have sent in a form/cheque to be kept by us incase of drop out). Any unused entries will not be cashed.
Please pass on the entry form to relevant parties, and get back to us with any questions you may have.

Bye for now
TOTB Team