PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Track Dates

JohnS
22nd November 2007, 14:27
After some extended negotiations I've managed to secure the following dates at Knockhill for our track events in 2008:

Saturday 15th March, 1pm to 5pm

Saturday 17th May, 9am to 1pm

Saturday 28th June, 9am to 1pm

Saturday 30th August, 9am to 1pm

We also plan to have one around October again, but the dates can't be confirmed just yet.

Bad news is that track hire costs have increased by about 10% again (mostly due to increased insurance), but there's nothing we can do about this.

John

[ 13. December 2007, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: JohnS ]

Andy.F
22nd November 2007, 17:42
Nice one John, should make it to a few more this year coming ;)

Andy

John Stevenson
22nd November 2007, 20:33
MwuHaHa ;) Rushes off to compare with SSC/SHC calender.........

JohnS
23rd November 2007, 06:46
John - already cross checked the SSC/SHC calendar before confirming some of the dates :D I think only the date in June clashses with Forrestburn.

I've also got Alford booked for the 14th July, which I believe doesn't clash with anything, and is a week before the sprint there, not that anyone would come along for unofficial practice ;)

JohnS
23rd November 2007, 06:47
Originally posted by Andy.F:
Nice one John, should make it to a few more this year coming ;)

Andy Would be good to see you back on track again Andy, showing some of the EVOs that Imprezas can be quick!

RA Dunk
24th November 2007, 20:44
EVO`s do seem to rule the track at SIDC trackdays :( :rolleyes: :confused:

would be good to see some imprezas giving them a good run for there money :D

SPEN555
24th November 2007, 23:05
Originally posted by Dunk122:

would be good to see some imprezas giving them a good run for there money :D Well you learn something new every day so they say! I always thought SIDC stood for 'Subaru Impreza Drivers Club'

Don't the MLR have there own track days?

SPEN555
24th November 2007, 23:27
Originally posted by SPEN555:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dunk122:

would be good to see some imprezas giving them a good run for there money :D Well you learn something new every day so they say! I always thought SIDC stood for 'Subaru Impreza Drivers Club'

Don't the MLR have their own track days? </font>[/QUOTE]

Gerry H
25th November 2007, 06:04
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dunk122:

Don't the MLR have there own track days? </font>[/QUOTE]MLR stands for Mitsubishi Lancer Register but I'm a member and have done their track days and other events in my classic Scooby. I've also done a few Lotus track days and events :D

The day may be exclusive to the respective club but not necessarily to the marque.

Slooby
25th November 2007, 09:26
Back in the day the MLR and SIDC used to hold joint events, social and track

terryb
25th November 2007, 10:20
Originally posted by Slooby:
Back in the day the MLR and SIDC used to hold joint events, social and track We still do Tim - last year at Donno was the 1st "triple club" track day - SIDC/MLR/GTRoc and was an absolute raving success.

We will be doing more Triple club days in 2008 starting at Brands Hatch on 22nd Feb and then Donno on 14th March. You can sign up (ie buy your space) in the SIDC club shop :D

And ps - these are noisy days so shouldn't have any noise issues unless your name is Simon Norris :D

RA Dunk
25th November 2007, 15:14
theres a big mixture of cars at the SIDC trackdays scoobs, evos, lotuses, chaterhams etc etc its not just a impreza day only lol

what i ment with this
"EVO`s do seem to rule the track at SIDC trackdays"

is theres not much imprezas doing the rounds at knockhill that can compete with some of the evos who go on these days

smile.gif

johnfelstead
25th November 2007, 16:37
I remember when the SIDC tried to ban my Westfield from SIDC days, back when almost every car on a trackday was a scoob and they had full entries.

I love knockhill but it's a long way to come for half a day.

JohnS
25th November 2007, 16:52
John,

make a weekend of it some time next year ;)

johnfelstead
25th November 2007, 19:44
What else is there to do up there? ;)

John Stevenson
25th November 2007, 20:53
You'd be surprised ;)

SPEN555
26th November 2007, 11:37
Hmmm,

Might become a member of SIDC again, last time it was in 2000 and the trackday calendar was always Knockhill Knockhill lol! Looking at it now with MLR included other tracks are on like Oulton and Donnington :D

You only need to do one trackday and the saving as a member almost pays for the membership :D Unlike some other memberships it looks worthwhile ;)

terryb
26th November 2007, 12:59
You're right SPEN555. 2 trackdays and you've saved more than the membership cost and you get a nice quarterly magazine too :D :D :D

Gerry H
27th November 2007, 11:36
Hmmm,

Might become a member of SIDC again, last time it was in 2000 and the trackday calendar was always Knockhill Knockhill lol! Looking at it now with MLR included other tracks are on like Oulton and Donnington :D

You only need to do one trackday and the saving as a member almost pays for the membership :D Unlike some other memberships it looks worthwhile ;) Hope you have a quiet exhaust for Donnington. I was chucked off, a few weeks ago, for being over 100dB drive by with a Revolution system fitted and that's 93 static.

The place is on the E. Mids. airport flight path ffs. :mad:

SPEN555
27th November 2007, 13:52
I have a full 3" RCM system which has a large silencer in the centre and has passed the static noise test at Croft which is 98Db IIRC.

Having said that revolution systems are recognised as being one of the quietest decat systems :eek:

jim.....
27th November 2007, 14:42
Pah, got thrown off for 107db :D

On a quiet day with 98db static you will be black flagged, but on a noisey day you'll be ok.

Slooby
27th November 2007, 18:11
Tested my car with the HKS Hyper on: 108Db, 20m from the centre line at full chat :D Still was allowed to run at Bedford...after I'd fitted the bung ;)

Simon_
27th November 2007, 18:38
96db from mine on static test at goodwood on friday.. I was tempted to drill some holes to make it louder smile.gif ;)

JohnS
29th November 2007, 09:00
No noise limits at Knockhill ;)

BIG FUD
17th December 2007, 23:30
Hopefully will be attending some of these dates when my car is up and running