PDA

View Full Version : Scooby Speed Championship 2006

terryb
23rd December 2005, 09:25
A few of you are aware of my plans for this already and I'm ready to go live with this as I now have 7 events pencilled in. However I thought it might be good to share with you what I have arranged so far.

For those of you that don't know, this Championship is to include 3 Sprints and 4 Hillclimbs around the South/ Midlands area oh and one in Yorkshire. The Championship will be open to Subaru Impreza's and you will need to be a member of SIDC to be eligible (and hold at least a non-race National B licence). Entry fee tbc. There will be 3 classes and 4 events will count out of the 7. I have the following confirmed so far: -

April 23rd - Curborough - Sprint
May 21st - Loton Park - Hillclimb
June 4th - Harewood - Hillclimb
July 1st - Goodwood - Sprint
July 29th & 30th - Wiscombe - Hillclimb
August 20th - North Weald - Sprint (tbc)
Sept 24th - Prescott - Hillclimb

Obviously these events are somewhat spaced out arond the Southern half of England and I would appreciate your thoughts about trying to attend them all. This will be an official MSA approved championship and properly sponsored, so there will be good prizes up for grabs for the winners, etc.

I will also have a dedicated website up and running in the near future.
Please let me know what you think Guys, and if you are interested in competing and haven't sent me an email already, then please send an email titled "Scooby Speed" to terry.buckel@btopenworld.com and I will add you to my mailing list.

Cheers

Terry :D

[ 04. January 2006, 10:49 PM: Message edited by: terryb ]

Slooby
23rd December 2005, 09:37
YHM :D

terryb
23rd December 2005, 09:45
YHM back :D

stockcar
23rd December 2005, 17:26
pity there all "darn south"..................looks interesting

terryb
23rd December 2005, 18:19
I hope to make it more of a Nationwide event in 2007 depending on the success of 2006 of course. But as I'm in Portsmouth and this will be the 1st year then I'm afraid that Loton Park is as far North as we will get.

Cheers

Terry

Dan Lewis
23rd December 2005, 18:58
Terry i could be interested in this, depends on what work clashes with it though.

Is there going to be a class for lightly modified with no cage etc.

Dan.

terryb
23rd December 2005, 19:07
Dan

There will be at least 2 classes and maybe only 2. The lesser class will definately not require the use of a rollcage and I'm not 100% sure that the higher spec class will either.

The fun I have now is defining the class boundaries - so will post more details when I have them.

If you drop me your email then I'll add you to the mailing list when I have some more news.

Cheers

Dan Lewis
23rd December 2005, 19:11
Terry YHPM

Is getting the National B non race license just a fill in a form and send off your money job or do you need to do a test etc?

Dan.

terryb
23rd December 2005, 19:17
Originally posted by Danny Boy:
Terry YHPM

Is getting the National B non race license just a fill in a form and send off your money job or do you need to do a test etc?

Dan. Just 34 and a form mate. :D

Dyney
23rd December 2005, 21:51
Woohoo!!! Where do I get the form? :D

I'm interested but depends on class (I'm not fitting a cage for anyone) tongue.gif and cash!

So YHM

terryb
23rd December 2005, 22:39
Nice one Iain - emailed you back.

All - the form you need to apply for a Non-Race National B licence is linked below - actually it's 33 and not 34 - so you've saved a quid already :D

http://www.msauk.org/uploadedfiles/msa_forms/2006CompetitionLicenceApplication.pdf

terryb
23rd December 2005, 23:12
Nice to see a good amount of interest in this from the members of 22b.com :D :D :D

Only put it up today and 5 positive responses already. :D

terryb
23rd December 2005, 23:19
Some videos to get you in the mood :D

Check out the video on the Wiscombe Park website - http://www.wiscombepark.co.uk/

Click on The Hill and then the download prompt.

Martin Groves (2005 Hillclimb Champion) at Doune (probably setting another record)
http://www.dounehillclimb.com/downloads.htm

It's another cracking video :D

Cheers

Terry

John Stevenson
24th December 2005, 00:26
That was Martin Groves beating the outright (Greame Wights jnr's) hill record at Doune in September by 2/100sec, think it was the longest standing hill record in the UK.

---john---

ScoobyDuck
24th December 2005, 02:00
terry, what are the restrictions gona be on things like noise etc?

terryb
24th December 2005, 10:08
Originally posted by ScoobyDuck:
terry, what are the restrictions gona be on things like noise etc? 108dB static test

Paul@Zen
24th December 2005, 10:30
I will definitely attend some dates, I think you need to check as some of these will clash with things like TOTB which may eliminate a few interested people. Should be good for a laugh anyway, and good practice.

Paul

Slooby
24th December 2005, 13:30
Oh bugger, clashing with TOTB would be a pain :(

Andy Peanuts
24th December 2005, 14:32
way round that would be best 4 from 6 only score or something along those lines.
it would mean that in theory you could have two dates off and still be in with a shout

Gerry H
27th December 2005, 23:28
Terry, do those who have already put their names down on your S/net and SIDC threads get included to your mailing list or are you starting a fresh list?

Zoidberg
28th December 2005, 09:34
terryb, you thought about extending a trip to Jersey for it? bouley bay hill climb is fantastic smile.gif

terryb
28th December 2005, 13:31
Originally posted by Gerry H:
Terry, do those who have already put their names down on your S/net and SIDC threads get included to your mailing list or are you starting a fresh list? Hi Gerry

You are still on the list mate :D :D :D

Good news for you - I have pencilled in a Sprint at North Weald on August 20th (fingers crossed it gets confirmed and then I have all the events finalised).

Cheers

Terry

terryb
28th December 2005, 13:32
Originally posted by ChristianR:
terryb, you thought about extending a trip to Jersey for it? bouley bay hill climb is fantastic smile.gif Christian - would love to mate, but not in its 1st year. Although 2007 will hopefully have many more venues.

Cheers

Terry

CM-TOTB
28th December 2005, 18:07
30th july 2006 is Totb 5 day.

curbrough is fun, did a day there this year with a few guys. sprinting is something i do want to get into time allowing!

terryb
2nd January 2006, 12:27
List of interested competitors so far

1. Adam Phelps
2. Andrew Meek (Meek)
3. Andrew Sowden (Andy97)
4. Ben Tatman (ben1413)
5. Carl Whitwell
6. Dan Lewis (Danny Boy)
7. David Wallis
8. Duncan Butler
9. Gerry Houghton (GerryH)
10. Graham Loakes (911)
11. Iain Dyney (Dyney)
12. Justin (Jay m A)
13. Mark Atkinson (MarkA)
14. Mark Thwaites (mark28)
15. Martin Wadsworth
16. Mikee Singh
17. Neil Wrenn (Neilo)
18. Paul (Pavlo)
19. Terry Buckel (me)
20. Tim Harris
21. Tim McArthur
22. Tim Whiteside (Slooby/ Tim W)

Good interest so far. Can I please ask you all to email me or post on here a brief rundown on the spec of your car? I have also emailed this to all of you. I am keen to know the following:-

Model and year
Engine cubic capacity
Engine mods (Turbo, ECU, FMIC, Engine internals, etc) and estimated bhp/ torque figures
Drivetrain/ Gearbox (Standard, 6-speed, dog-box, etc)
Suspension/ handling/ braking mods
Rollcage fitted?
Tyres intended to use

Your answers would be appreciated ASAP so that I can get an idea how many of you run what spec, etc and it will help me to finalise the technical aspects to the different classes.

Many thanks and Happy New Year to you all.

Cheers

mikeesingh
2nd January 2006, 13:20
terry, cant you change 21st may and 30th july as it clashes with scooby shootout and totb

Slooby
2nd January 2006, 14:44
Or at least make SSO part of the championship, seeing as there will be a handling circuit this year?

terryb
2nd January 2006, 17:09
It's really unfortunate that these events clash. I have asked the organiser of Loton Park to see if we could possibly change dates, but was informed this would not be possible as they have submitted their info to the MSA for a permit application. Also as Loton Park were the 1st to grant me an invitation, then I don't want to let them down.

I think the best option would be to include a 7th event and then still have the best 4 counting. So for those competing in both SSO and TOTB, you would still have the safety margin of 1 event to miss and still be able to get max points.

Will keep you all posted.

Slooby
2nd January 2006, 18:14
Sounds like a plan!

John Stevenson
2nd January 2006, 23:06
Terry, for your info, if you propose such a championship to the MSA (you'll have to for it to be included in MSA affiliated events), it won't be able to include events that are not sancioned by them.

---john---

terryb
2nd January 2006, 23:10
Originally posted by Gizmo1314:
Terry, for your info, if you propose such a championship to the MSA (you'll have to for it to be included in MSA affiliated events), it won't be able to include events that are not sancioned by them.

---john--- Hi John

I was pretty sure that was the case, hence the exclusion of SSO as an event.

I am going to speak to the organisers at Harewood tomorrow. It looks like a great venue and getting a bit closer to youmate, so maybe we could see you there ;)

Fingers crossed

Cheers

Terry

terryb
3rd January 2006, 22:44
Guys

Good news - I have secured a place at Harewood. Date to be confirmed, but hopefully Sunday 4th June, which slots in nicely to the calendar.

There will be 3 classes and they will be fair and pretty easy to follow. Plus there will be penalties within the classes depending on certain things which all in all will make it more competitive.

I will publish these details very soon once I have finalised them. Thanks to all of your emails and suggestions so far.

Oh and keep up the good banter on here :D :D :D

Cheers

Terry

John Stevenson
4th January 2006, 00:27
Terry, some of the detail you've posted on Scabynet is not quite right. Also, you will need to write the regs and have them approved by the MSA if you want them included in an MSA event.

---john---

P.S. Harewood sounds awfly gooood

[ 04. January 2006, 12:40 AM: Message edited by: Gizmo1314 ]

Andy Peanuts
4th January 2006, 07:37
that 21 Tim McArthur looks a dark horse ?!

Floyd
4th January 2006, 08:59
I quite fancy having a go at this but as I've not done any motorsport events before can someone tell me how it works i.e. do you get to practise the hillclimbs and sprints to be able to be competetive?

Just read the SN thread. 2 practise runs :eek: I fear there could be a few people falling off the track ;)

F

[ 04. January 2006, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: Floyd ]

Slooby
4th January 2006, 10:42
Motorsport is Dangerous Floyd ;)

David_Wallis
4th January 2006, 11:10
I fear there could be a few people falling off the track Didnt realise Andy and Mikee were doing it? :confused: ;)

Slooby
4th January 2006, 11:20
PMSL :D

terryb
4th January 2006, 19:03
Originally posted by Peanuts:
that 21 Tim McArthur looks a dark horse ?! related to you by any chance??

Andy Peanuts
4th January 2006, 19:14
supposed to be me, by any chance??

terryb
4th January 2006, 19:32
Actually not - just had an email from Tim - so unless you're pretending to be someone else with another email addy then it's not you matey :D :D :D

Andy Peanuts
5th January 2006, 10:14
cool, stick my name down then