PDA

View Full Version : Redline TOTB 3 Sun 1st August 2004

CM-TOTB
24th February 2004, 23:00
mods- hope this is ok to post on here?
cheers
chris mann

It’s our pleasure once again to invite you all to Redline Ten of the Best 3. The event takes place again at Elvington aerodrome on Sunday the 1st August 2004. Redline magazine and Japanese Performance will be supporting the event and once again TOTB will be televised in September 04.

We are pleased to announce that a few new clubs have come forward for 2004, in addition to those who took part in Redline TOTB2. This means that the event entry list is already full provisionally, and also that a few new marques will be competing alongside existing entries. (MR2, Fiat Coupe Club, plus Skylineoweners.com).

We still have limited room available for suitable cars that are not part of an existing club/group/team. Performance car Tuners are also able to apply to compete, either as part of one of the Team entries or as individuals, subject to approval and spaces.
The competitor entry forms with details are available from this week on the Official Redline TOTB website.
www.totb.co.uk (http://www.totb.co.uk)

Spectator ticket prices are held at last year’s price and are available in advance at 15, or alternatively can be purchased on the gate on the day from 9am onwards at 20 per person. There are no limits on spectating numbers. All event and Ticket details for spectators are on www.totb.co.uk (http://www.totb.co.uk) for online or phone orders.

This year we are pleased to announce a Trade display area, and a new Redline Results and Information Centre. All competitors, team reps and spectators will be able to get up-to date results and leaderboards throughout the day via the Information centre, as well as a programme of the day. A top speed viewing area will be available again, accessed by a site bus, as well as an expanded and improved pitlane viewing area. Stunt/demo driving displays will be run during any event breaks and at the end of qualifying at 3.30pm.

The event format remains basically the same, albeit with some minor tweaks to the Handling and Drag shootout finals from 4pm onwards. Details of these minor changes will go to all clubs/teams as a separate email.Basically we are looking to revive the fwd and rwd drag shooouts as per TOTB1, and then put the winner up against the 4wd drag winner for the drag shootout final.
The handling shootout may be the top 5 cars overall instead of the top 8 as last year, one lap each.

The Overall Redline TOTB3 Champion Award will still be based on total points scored from all 3 events (1/4m drag, handling, Top speed) plus any bonus points gained from the shootout finals. Rocket Ronnie will be back looking for a Hat trick of wins!
The team awards etc will be as per last year.

The Closing date for all competitor entries is 1st July 2004. There will be a further 2-week period for any last minute team changes or for reserves to take any places that become available. Please note no refunds will be made after 1st July. No changes will be made to any team sheets after 14th July 2004 when the entry lists become final.

Any Traders interested in a display area or Event sponsorship should contact
shinshelwood@btinternet.com

Any event/team or entry enquiries contact
enquiries@trackdayplus.com

Event updates will be sent out monthly to all participating groups.
Bye for now
The TOTB team

peccy
25th February 2004, 10:50
can i be considered for this please, if im fast enough!? :confused:

Peccy - WRX STi6 Type R WRC Limited
1/4: dunno yet cos still running in rebuilt engine :( , mates standardish type R did a 12.8, so expect to knock a sec of that with my mods (11.8)?

topspeed: geared for 182.5mph with long fifth, not attempted it yet :eek:

handling: 60,000 miles experience of derbyshire B roads :D

Paul@Zen
25th February 2004, 11:37
peccy

I am sure there will be a selection based on performance and specs.

hold tight!

Paul

peccy
25th February 2004, 15:44
pavlo,

maybe the Scooby Shootout in May could be used as some sort of qualifier?

David_Wallis
25th February 2004, 15:45
LOL..

I think I might be eligable..

Your a looser baby... ok.. Nitrous baby... so why dont you kill it..

David

Simon_
25th February 2004, 17:06
Originally posted by David_Wallis:
LOL..

I think I might be eligable..

Your a looser baby... ok.. Nitrous baby... so why dont you kill it..

David You are suppose to put it into the car not sniff it.. smile.gif

Simon

IMPREZATURBS
10th March 2004, 02:23
Need to get the beast entered. Not sure if its classed as an imrpeza, so do we need 10 legacys?

Old Trout
10th March 2004, 07:21
Is anyone picking up the banner to run this for the Scoobs this year?!

If not I am sure I can persuade mega-organiser Truda - be afraid, be very afraid!!!!

Possum :D

Paul@Zen
10th March 2004, 09:42
I thought Anders was in charge!

Paul

David_Wallis
10th March 2004, 10:00
Andi.. legacys??

Pavlo
Andi
Michael
erm.. theres a few more... depends on chris mann

David

Adamantium
10th March 2004, 10:03
put my name down, am happy for john or andy f to drive it for me!

car permitting of course!

Steven
10th March 2004, 10:34
What even on the top speed run?

Simon_
10th March 2004, 11:15
lol.. come on Adam you have to have a go yourself now!!

Simon

Paul@Zen
10th March 2004, 11:52
Originally posted by P20SPD:
What even on the top speed run? Only if all the marginal factors can be taken into account, and all the angles covered. Gotta make sure the moon is in correct phase and alignment, the ions of the fuel are happy and the kryptonite snook flange is adequately rippled and correctly warmed.

Other than that it's almost a near certainty.

Paul

Simon_
10th March 2004, 11:53
PMSL@Paul..

Adamantium
10th March 2004, 12:16
actually my snook flange has been kryptonite corroded beyond redemption this year so no the car will not be top speeded.

Why do you mock me guys? Not interested in top speed one iota, yet the poor car suffers massively from the load and the kind of testing that the dyno and daily driving doesn't sunject it to.

I would rather not find out the hard way that it is bad for the car.

but I'll make you all a deal. I will gladly run it in the top speed comp, if you foot the bill when it blows up.

Simon_
10th March 2004, 12:22
I was only saying you should have a good yourself Adam.. although obviously the out come of TOTB3 might be better if someone else drove it.. no offence intended.. as I cannot drive either compared to John and Andy F and others too..

Simon

Paul@Zen
10th March 2004, 13:34
Adam,

If ever there was a car a car project that was researched, planned and implemented so far beyond the Nth degree that it was actually the Mth degree, it's yours.

We mock you because we like you, (and you make so easy).

Paul

Adamantium
10th March 2004, 13:44
surely beyond the nth degree would be the Oth degree, unless you are keen on taking backwards steps?

I know what you are saying, and yes it has been researched, but just because range rovers are the best off roaders, doesn't mean people test their to their limits. Most range rovers don't leave suburbia, people just like to be safe in the knolwedge that if the did, they would be ok!

thats how I see my car. built to survive the extremes of its power figures (to come) but not necessarily relishing in them at every opportunity.

Simon_
10th March 2004, 13:48
Originally posted by Adam M:
but I'll make you all a deal. I will gladly run it in the top speed comp, if you foot the bill when it blows up. I actually take offence to that.. most of us cannot afford to even rebuild the standard engines we run but would still do a top speed run yet you obviously can and have built an engine that with this much effort on the research should run far less riskily on a high speed run.. but we have to pay for your engine to be fixed?

;)

Simon

Steven
10th March 2004, 14:06
Adam, i certainly amnot mocking you. My point is that to gain points you have to compete in all 3 events, so if you dont compete in the TS event, then why bother putting your name down?

I also agree with what Simon has said.

Steven

johnfelstead
10th March 2004, 14:14
Top speed run is a piece of cake to survive, even if you are worried. Just nail it to the point the car isnt accelerating much any more then cruise, end of problem. You only gain a few MPH in the last 1/4 mile and i am sure your car could survive 1 mile flat out to get it to 160MPH plus. That would be OK to at least stand a chance in the rest of the competition IMHO.

Paul@Zen
10th March 2004, 14:15
Well I am mocking you Adam.

If you are worried about top speed, then be cautious, monitor the gauges, lower the boost a little, run your WI etc etc.

There are 2 routes from N to M, only one is very short! (I think that's an excellent back step out of that mistake...)

Paul

Adamantium
10th March 2004, 14:58
I think its bollocks!

as a "lawyer" i can show you how to wriggle out of such accusations, unfortunately I cut off one of the exists with the backwards step argument.

If you want to roll round from z back to a, then I would say you had screwed up and needed to start from first principles, after z should come or even 51 (snigger).

Simon_
10th March 2004, 15:02
Or you could just ignore them :rolleyes:

lol

Simon smile.gif

jim.....
10th March 2004, 15:17
I thought the bitchyness was left for SN! To be honest why spend a small fortune on an engine and then not see what it can do, look at all the crap that's floated around about JB's and Trout's build, if you don't want to kill the car stick the engine in mine!

Jim

Simon_
10th March 2004, 15:20
Re-bitchyness : I believe we are all friends discussing something, there might be the odd poke but no punching..

Not for a couple of months anyway

Simon smile.gif

Paul@Zen
10th March 2004, 15:29
Adam,

So anyway, are you going to run the car for a top speed run or not?

Paul

Adamantium
10th March 2004, 16:12
Jim,

simon has it spot on, we are all friends here (except christian who hasn't paid this months fee).

I can understand what you are saying, but I didn't actually build the engine for competitions, but mainly for light track use and fast road. Mostly the project was there because I like the idea of tinkering and I have learned a massive amount in the process and continue to do so.

I am happy to send the thing up the quarter mile strip as this really appeals to me in terms of extracting performance, but high speed simply doesn't interest me in the slightest. Seeing what it can do is purely down to seeing how much work I can get the engine to do, it is just fighting friction over a sustained distance.

Top speed has never interested me. We are travelling nigh on 1000mph right now, not to mention the orbital speed of the earth around the sun. You simply cannot feel it. The only feeling speed I care for are those associated with acceleration, namely sprints and also handling.

I can't explain I just don't find it exciting, there is nobuild up, no countdown, just a drone as the revs build slowly at the top and the temps rise. Dull, v dull, and risky to boot.

Simon_
10th March 2004, 16:17
So that was a Yes.. smile.gif

Simon

David_Wallis
10th March 2004, 17:01
I personally would rather do the top speed compared to launching the car... and destroying the gears...

Adamantium
10th March 2004, 17:03
gearbox is cheaper than engine david, but I take your point.

and you can always sacrifice a few tenths and spare the gears.

David_Wallis
10th March 2004, 20:20
and you can always sacrifice a few tenths and spare the gears. not in my book..

Lets wait until the scoobyshootout..

In my book its all or nothing..

Its a team thing.. If you aint playing the game then fook off.. We need to do something this year.. Im not fussed if I dont run..

My car will make an outing soon!

David

Adamantium
10th March 2004, 21:06
thats a fair point, I suppose if I cant give it my all, then I shouldnt stop someone else from giving it their all on behalf of 22b.com.

Fair play, I retract my request.

stevieturbo
10th March 2004, 21:21
Gate entries seem a tad high.

If you cannot build your car to survive a simple flat out run lasting around 30seconds, how can you seriously expect it to last on a track day.
Get real. It should easily be capapble of performing a top speed run, at least once. if it isnt, dont bother bringing it, if you believe it to be that fragile.
If you dont enter all 3 events, dont enter. Let someone else who wants to enter.

The only important thing about teh top speed run, is that you clearly know where the 1.25 mile marker is. I asked Chris about possible marking, simply in letters, 0.5m, 0.75m, 1.0m and 1.25 m to indicate this.
Michael did several runs last year, letting off, as instructed ( after several arguements ) by an official at the chequered marker.
The timing gear was 120yds past this. All but one run returned speeds of around 100mph, and he simply could not understand this. Apparently several people let off early.

With cars at this level it is very important that there is no confusion as to where the finish line is. His car blew up after doing several top speed runs, which all turned out a waste of time because of the poor markings. He only did one run, and held it further as I told him to look for the timing gear at the side of the track. This returned 160 or so. He tried another run after this, and it blew up.
I dont have any sypmathy really for it blowing up, as he knew it was going to happen, but he was determined to get some sort of top speed.
This would not have happened though earlier in the day had the finish line been clearly marked, as one, or maybe 2 runs would have sufficed instead of the 5 or 6 he did.

BTW, unless I am informed otherwise by Chris, Michael is entered again as a guest invite.

Paul@Zen
10th March 2004, 22:15
Originally posted by David_Wallis:

If you aint playing the game then fook offClass

Adamantium
10th March 2004, 23:55
ffs have already said I won't enter.

stop preaching to the converted.

David_Wallis
10th March 2004, 23:55
you know me.. never one to erm... mince my words.. unless pissed :D

You know what I mean though..

I dont mean it in a nasty way..

David

Old Trout
11th March 2004, 05:58
Well, thats cleared that up then!

Feel sorry for Jim Litten who may well feel alienated by this cliquey thread...especially as he mentions me!

Possum/Trout/Rannoch :D

jim.....
11th March 2004, 07:23
I'm only jealous coz I've got a weedy 2.0

If I had the readies for a build I'd go for it just to see what it could do, then that would be it.

Jim

Adamantium
11th March 2004, 10:00
harveys and bobs cars are both 2.0s, weedy is not the word I would use. Then there was jbs old 2.0 and andy f's before he sold it.

Paul@Zen
11th March 2004, 10:05
Adam,

As much as you cosset your car, I think it would be a crime not to run it. It's perhaps the finest example of the most limited edition Subaru ever.

Paul

Simon_
11th March 2004, 10:07
That is a good point Paul, it will really look something and to have a 22B in the 22B.com team has to be an incentive!

Simon

jim.....
11th March 2004, 11:01
Adam, didn't mean all 2.0, just my weedy one. Slowly getting there, but slowly being the operative word! But it would be good to see yours run due to the time and money you've put into it.

Jim

Adamantium
11th March 2004, 11:10
I am indecisive enough as it is on the basis of my own internal push and pull factors.

then you go and throw this into the equation.

I take your point, but then I have always said that the car has been done for me, not to show off to others.

Much as you may ot believe it, I am not really an exhibitionist.

Bear in mind that anders will have a similar specced car at some point soon, although I am not sure his will break cover in time given the size of the project.

I will give it some thought, and see how it does on the dyno and how it is progressing.

Paul@Zen
11th March 2004, 13:05
When I was a teenager I knew someone with a Ferrari LM250 or some such 250/275 variant. It was worth over 1,000,000 or something stupid. He loved the car, and he used to race it regardless of what might happen to it. You may say he had the money, but the car was irreplaceable.

If you're not going to drive it proper, then why bother in the first place.

Paul

SPEN555
11th March 2004, 16:11
PMSL

Quote StevieTurbo

'Apparently several people let off early'

regarding top speed runs.

What exactly does that mean? ;)

Simon_
11th March 2004, 16:15
This is true I hate the Ferrari in the garage syndrome.. if you are going to own a nice car the drive it.. although to be far Adam will be using the car on the road..

Simon smile.gif

Tone Loc
11th March 2004, 16:37
I think Paul is spot on.... why bother spending all that money and not using the car to it's full potential? This event is perfect for a 550+bhp monster.... trying to use a fraction of that power on the road could end in tears (for you and more importantly for other road users). If you really are that worried that say 3 top spead runs would kill your engine i'd be worried about your engine lasting full stop.

Tony.

stevieturbo
11th March 2004, 17:54
SPEN555, it meant exactly what it states. It is not a dig at anyone.

Several people were mis informed as to where the finish line was, and let off early.

Simon_
11th March 2004, 20:58
I felt sure he was trying to be rude Stevie?

Simon ;)

Paul@Zen
12th March 2004, 09:30
To add,

Adam,

Don't consider this to be an exercise in showing off. It's an exercise in enjoying your creation, in a safe environment, amoung your friends and other enthusiasts.

TOTB 2 was a good atmosphere, especially when the wallis wagon turned up to a heros welcome, and it's aspects like this I enjoyed more than the racing itself, although David certainly enjoyed his first drive in a while!

Paul

Paul

Adamantium
12th March 2004, 09:33
stevie, I think it was a joke with regard to people passing wind!

I am not saying it would blow up in a top speed run, and god knows if it would, but the point is that of all the tests it gets, the top speed is one that all the building and preparation can't account for because the car has never ventured into that territory before.

It would have been run to the max on the dyno, but in those cases, the cooling and water temps can be guaranteed.

Aerodynamics feeding the rad, intercooler and air flow over the bonnet etc. are drastically different at these speeds, and whilst approaching 190mph, you don't tend to get much tie to look at the guages to keep everything in check.

Having said that, if we can arrange the pectel to keep things automatically in check it wont be such a risk.

Drag racing and handling are known risks, top speed from the chassis' (not engines) point of view, is uncharted territory.

Having said, that, I am still thinking it would be a laugh.

Tone Loc
12th March 2004, 12:13
Go on Adam.... two tears in a bucket, **** it! It's what the car would want ;) It would be great to see a 22B there and great to see John throw it around the handling course.

Tony.

stevieturbo
12th March 2004, 16:57
Adam, you have too much time on your hands worrying and thinking about things.

I imagine there would be plenty of air at 190mph ( are you saying your car will do it then ?? ) passing over the radiator and intercooler.

And why would you not look at the guages at 190mph ??? Its a flat open runway. Would you be watching for traffic ?? Stray livestock ?? or maybe just the odd aeroplane waiting to take off??

For building such an impressive car that yours most certainly will be, you shouldnt be so scared to use the thing.
Get your car out there, and use it they way it was intended. Either that, or buy a carcoon and keep it at home and polish it. What use is a 550bhp, 550lbft ornament?

Slooby
12th March 2004, 18:47
At TOTB1 when I was consistantly getting into the high 150 / mid 160's on the top speed it was only for a fleeting few seconds, I wasn't cruising, still accelerating as I crossed the line.

It actually was rather dull, the car was very stable and the track so wide that the sensation of speed isn't that great. The only gauge that I had for the speed was my speedo trying to go for a second lap ;)

Last year I saw a crow take off at the side of the track which was a little alarming and I had a missfire, but again it wasn't that exciting.

It's not like cruising at a stoopid number on an Autobarn, and if you don't like the way your car feels at speed, then slow down to a speed you feel happy at...say 55mph in your case Adam tongue.gif

Adamantium
12th March 2004, 19:20
tim, shut up tongue.gif

Stevie,

overact mind, have always been a worrier, yes I do think the car could see 190 mph.

If the engine holds what it did on the dyno last time and th gearing is suitable then I would think it might be able to scrap 190.

As I have said before, if you extrapolate the final graph which shows the power on the way up before the engine died, even with the torque taking a sudden plummet, it was still heading for well over 600bhp.

I would hope this would be enough power for 190.

200 is a different story.

I was concerned about stability.

My car always feels rather nervous, another reaosn why I want some more castor angle.

stevieturbo
12th March 2004, 21:41
As Tim says, it is surprising how slow and boring that run to 150/160 is.

Obviously 190 is a lot faster, but on a wide open sapce like that, it really isnt that exciting. The 1/4 is much more fun.

And if the car starts to feel nervous, slow down. But I dont think the car would ever be as nervous as you driving it, even at 200mph.
And Adam, if your car does make enough power to break that 200mph barrier, it would be an absolute sin not to try.

Adamantium
13th March 2004, 09:23
don't forget it has a wider frontal area.

I think 200mph in a normal bodied impreza is wishful thinking, 200 in mine is downright impossible.

fuz
13th March 2004, 14:25
my01 bugeye runs out of speedo :D

Chris B
23rd March 2004, 19:44
I was reading this over on the MLR forum they seem to be getting rather excited already :D .

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?s=c53da10e3a59310424e6cc8c10265e21&threadid=42266

Steven
21st April 2004, 07:32
Shouldnt someone be organising something by now?

Entries have to be in by 1st July, ie just over 2 months!

Can we start a list of runners etc to get things going.

I would like to run again for 22B.com, but dont know if i will make the list.

Some cars/drivers should come from the listings of Scooby Shootout, which is a little over a month away, the rest wild cards/previous performance.

Suggestions

Steven Darley
David Wallis
David Taylor
John Banks
Adam M(sorry cant spell it adam)
Harvey Smith
Andy Cookson
Chris Jones
Rob Gallagher
Scott Parker
Andy F (if he has another scoob by then!)
Mikee Singh
Tim Whiteside

Sorry if i have missed anyone, cant think right now!

Should have a good mix of people/cars, capable of doing well on the quarter, top speed, and handling.

Just my 2p worth, and a reminder, it isnt long you know!

Steven

David_Wallis
21st April 2004, 09:13
I would like to be considered.. New spec isnt for the msg boards as yet. It will be ready though.

Darren Tiday (sp) ?
Bob Rawle?

Paul@Zen
21st April 2004, 09:50
I will have a car. Unfortunately shootout is a no go as car was rear ended on monday. This may open up the way to a new, lighter, much faster car which isn't a daily driver.

Paul

Simon_
21st April 2004, 09:55
Originally posted by Pavlo:
I will have a car. Unfortunately shootout is a no go as car was rear ended on monday. This may open up the way to a new, lighter, much faster car which isn't a daily driver.

Paul Sorry to hear that Paul.. much damage?

Paul@Zen
21st April 2004, 10:09
possible write off

T-uk
21st April 2004, 10:11
rather than build a list of cars that should compete I would suggest building a list of cars that have competed , with proven results from other events.

last year there was cars signed up "mid build" that never made the event , which then lead to proven cars getting ignored.

my own car should quite simply not have been there last year. it had never been on a timed event before , or even a rolling road with the mods but I was able to take part to help make up the numbers , simply because too much faith had been placed on other cars. it was a mad rush to have the car ready and then the day was wasted. truth is we did not realise how large the event is , otherwise I could have fitted jb's redundant at the time , lateral box, clutch and 20g for the day.

I would say there needs to be a cut off date , such as anyone not with decent results 1month before the event , is not considered regardless of the spec.

David_Wallis
21st April 2004, 10:39
I would say there needs to be a cut off date , such as anyone not with decent results 1month before the event , is not considered regardless of the spec. I would disagree with that, there were a number of cars that werent running the night before the event and still did well.. couple of the evo's.. simon norris included.. I had a simple problem with mine which wasnt sorted due to tiredness..

If my little tweaks are finished in time for scoobyshootout then it will be interesting to say the least.

if not then I will run at a rwyb before the event.

David

David_Wallis
21st April 2004, 10:40
I would say there needs to be a cut off date , such as anyone not with decent results 1month before the event , is not considered regardless of the spec. I would disagree with that, there were a number of cars that werent running the night before the event and still did well.. couple of the evo's.. simon norris included.. I had a simple problem with mine which wasnt sorted due to tiredness..

If my little tweaks are finished in time for scoobyshootout then it will be interesting to say the least.

if not then I will run at a rwyb before the event.

David

T-uk
21st April 2004, 11:27
david ,

would those cars not have done the business in the lead up to the event , else where though?.

if using your car as an example.

you run at a rwyb day without all the latest changes and get say low 12's , then that would probably guarantee your place. the car is not finished but has shown it's getting there. if it then blows a gearbox with days to go that's unfortunate but unavoidable.

last year you and your team did a great job to get you there and my above post was not a dig at you. you said you would run and you did but both our cars where un-proven and yet we had somehow managed to get a place while forcing away/ignoring those with proven results.

David_Wallis
21st April 2004, 11:29
that might have been based on my engine spec being better than yours tongue.gif

Compare my car to trouts, only I have a different ecu, compression ratio, and turbo.. And 6spd.. and diffs.. and suspension..

ok its not the same..

Low 12's is easy..

David

Simon_
21st April 2004, 11:31
Only other car that I can think that has not been mentioned is Christians but I have no idea of current status.

Paul,

That is a real bummer. Hope you are able to fit the engine to another vehicle. hmmmmm..

Simon

chrome@home
21st April 2004, 11:35
ditto what Jim has written..

T-uk
21st April 2004, 11:41
that might have been based on my engine spec being better than yourssuppose you can claim to being the fastest bbq on the day tongue.gif

Low 12's is easy..so how many low 12's have you run since totb? :cool:

show us the slips. ;)

David_Wallis
21st April 2004, 13:04
Ill send you some pics later if you want..

maybe not the correct sort of 'slips'

Simon_
21st April 2004, 13:09
Some phat slips.. lol smile.gif

Simon

Paul@Zen
21st April 2004, 17:09
I think a 1 month cutoff date before event is about right. There are some people that may pull their car together, then just go to a RWYB day, or even a day a brunters are pull a great time. I would say any serious entries will need a month to properly sort out, but not break the car.

I think the best way forward is to put a list of say 20 cars that intend/can run, then narrow them down nearer the end. If you make a list of 10 now, I think it will drive some people away that would otherwise work hard to finish their car.

There are a number of cars that haven't been mentioned, or are generally unknown, that can compete well IMNHO.

Paul

CM-TOTB
21st April 2004, 18:16
i did send a mail to anders last week actually, so far without a reply, just checking the 22b status? i do need confirmation who is running the team, and that the forms will all be in for 1st july. i can swap people around upto the 13th july as an absolute last push, but only if they are named reserves. after that date the lists stand i'm afraid, no last minute changes this year!
test days at elvington
16th may and 4th july.

hope to hear back from anders/team rep very shortly!
cheers
chris

Steven
21st April 2004, 20:08
Judging by Chris's post, someone must deal with this VERY soon. Can someone contact Anders or get things in motion.

Steven Darley
David Wallis
David Taylor
John Banks
Harvey Smith
Andy Cookson
Chris Jones
Rob Gallagher
Scott Parker
Mikee Singh
Tim Whiteside
Darren Tiday (sp?)
Bob Rawle
Callum Ferguson
Alan Macrea (sp?)
Christian Ruellan (sp?)

Please add to the list any i have forgotten, or not aware of.

We need as big a list as possible, to ensure we have TEN runners.

Steven

CM-TOTB
21st April 2004, 20:35
i suspect Harvey is running in the 200+ team to be honest, as i offered him a place some time ago, will confirm tho with him.
rgds

David_Wallis
21st April 2004, 20:51
Add customscoobyiom

Lateral Performance Ltd
21st April 2004, 20:55
Assuming all goes to plan !

Steven Darley
David Wallis
David Taylor
John Banks
Harvey Smith
Andy Cookson
Chris Jones
Rob Gallagher
Scott Parker
Mikee Singh
Tim Whiteside
Darren Tiday (sp?)
Bob Rawle
Callum Ferguson
Alan Macrea (sp?)
Christian Ruellan (sp?)
Mark Aigin

Mark.

Paul@Zen
21st April 2004, 21:29
I think you can safely add me to the list...

Paul

Andy.F
21st April 2004, 21:59
TOTB Potential team members :cool:

Steven Darley
David Wallis
David Taylor
John Banks
Harvey Smith
Andy Cookson
Chris Jones
Rob Gallagher
Scott Parker
Mikee Singh
Tim Whiteside
Darren Tiday (sp?)
Bob Rawle
Callum Ferguson
Alan Macrea (sp?)
Christian Ruellan (sp?)
Mark Aigin
Pavlo

(safely added to the list :D )

Anders
22nd April 2004, 14:23
All I need is someone with technical credibility and no bias to be voluanteered by the above by consensus to help me pick :cool: this wold be based on [can of worms on]prooven performance [can of worms off]following a round table discussion in the midlands, so Scottish visitors Yorkshires finest and Southern Superstars can all attend for a good argument and a curry?

I am not keen to lead on this last year it was John Felstead show. Sadly my 22b will not be available this year and my wagon will not be special enough!

Paul@Zen
22nd April 2004, 14:26
Anders,

In fairness I think Andy may well be best placed to help out in this respect, although I am happy to add my services too.

Paul

Adamantium
22nd April 2004, 14:52
I would forward moray as a deciding vote as he is level headed and fair with no outward prejedices apart from those aimed at people who have p1ssed him off, none of whom have requested entry into this event.

ps. lol @ andy adding paul safely to the list.

Paul@Zen
22nd April 2004, 16:53
Originally posted by Adam M:
as he is level headed and fair with no outward prejedices apart from those... Those of us called christian?

Paul

David_Wallis
22nd April 2004, 18:24
Curry in the midlands sounds good just to decide who goes on the list :D

AND CURRY!!.. NOT CHINESE. (I fooking hate chineese's!)

David I fookin hate vegtables Wallis

Chris B
22nd April 2004, 18:32
You could also try CRD to see if they would enter there scoob. Its already run an 11.9 1/4.

David_Wallis
22nd April 2004, 18:34
thought tuners were frowned apon last year??

David

Chris B
22nd April 2004, 18:36
:confused: .

I think there supra has been invited already not 100% sure.

Old Trout
22nd April 2004, 18:42
OK, bagsy a place on the team.

Already run this year - with a proven slip.

11.760s quarter :D

Next ;)

PS I think that Andy F and Moray should pick :D :D

Lateral Performance Ltd
22nd April 2004, 20:09
David,

thought tuners were frowned apon last year??Well if it's a problem, that excludes Bob, Chris, Andy, Rob (sometimes !) JB (depending on what mood he's in ;) Pat (who will also want to be added to the list, and me.........

We all thank you tongue.gif

PS I think that Andy F and Moray should pickGrrreat, two bl00dy Scot's :D

Steven Darley
David Wallis
David Taylor
John Banks
Harvey Smith
Andy Cookson
Chris Jones
Rob Gallagher
Scott Parker
Mikee Singh
Tim Whiteside
Darren Tiday (sp?)
Bob Rawle
Callum Ferguson
Alan Macrea (sp?)
Christian Ruellan (sp?)
Mark Aigin
Pavlo
Pat

Mark.

CM-TOTB
22nd April 2004, 21:04
few points to consider!!!

1. need a name/contact no asap for the rep
2. tuners are now allowed to run under their own name while still forming part of the team entry. we only have limited places for the whole event overall, and will have to fit tuners in the existing teams. this was actually happening anyway,on the previous 2 events,but they can now be listed officially as a tuner by paying the entry fee of 100+vat. private entries same price as last year. details on the entry form on totb.co.uk
3. calder racing want to run their proven scooby as part of the 22b team if they can, and have already entered their supra in that team.
4. we have a open rwyb day suitable for qualifying on the 16th may at elvington anyway!
5. john felstead has already informed me he isnt picking the team this year as he is busy elsewhere.

if whoever is chosen can drop me an email i will pass on the details etc of what is reqd.
many thanks
chris

Old Trout
22nd April 2004, 21:12
Can we decide who is actually going to do the organising this year?

I am very happy to volunteer again as being the closest to Elvington ;) When I say I, I mean Truda who is very good at organising!!!

However I will stand aside if Anders wants to do it!!

Final decision the end of this month?

Possum :D :D

Paul@Zen
22nd April 2004, 21:13
why don't we just pick El Champino now and dispense with the whole money spending thing?

I think CRD will have to go some, but based on the dropout/unreadyness rate I favour they will be there in the scoob.

Paul

CM-TOTB
22nd April 2004, 21:32
plenty of time until 1st july to sort the team, keep me informed please of the reps name etc.
cheers
chris

Rob G
22nd April 2004, 22:14
Hmmmm Pat slipped in there silently... :D :D

If it comes to it and we need more than one contact for oragnising, i dont mind helping out..

I can do it from work :D (private Joke)

Rob

p.s. i am happy to join the masses at TOTB, but i really dont think my car will be up to competition standard by then. It will be much easier for me to say no now and if we get stuck for numbers closer to the time i will happily join in.

Lateral Performance Ltd
22nd April 2004, 22:33
Rob,

Ok :D ;)

Steven Darley
David Wallis
David Taylor
John Banks
Harvey Smith
Andy Cookson
Chris Jones
Scott Parker
Mikee Singh
Tim Whiteside
Darren Tiday (sp?)
Bob Rawle
Callum Ferguson
Alan Macrea (sp?)
Christian Ruellan (sp?)
Mark Aigin
Pavlo
Pat

Mark.

Old Trout
23rd April 2004, 05:54
Adjusted for private 200+ Club invitations.

Steven Darley
David Wallis
David Taylor
John Banks
Andy Cookson
Chris Jones
Scott Parker
Mikee Singh
Tim Whiteside
Darren Tiday (sp?)
Bob Rawle
Callum Ferguson
Alan Macrae
Christian Ruellan (sp?)
Mark Aigin
Pavlo
Pat

How about the top four times from Scoobyshootout plus six other qualifiers based on proven performance elsewhere?

Let qualifying commence!!

Adamantium
23rd April 2004, 06:59
who is willing to drive for me?

am not a showman, but then I would like it done by someone who can keep my wishes in check!

btw guys, I rekon if it could break 180mph, the speed limiter would stop it anyway!

Simon_
23rd April 2004, 07:42
I'm willing to drive for you Adam, whether you want me to is another matter entirely.. lol

Volunteers list for driving Adam's car? :D

1) Simon

LOL

Simon

Paul@Zen
23rd April 2004, 08:57
Adam,

Why don't you get some driving lessons and have a go yourself. I think you will really enjoy it and you don't have to thrash the car at all. Given your stresses this summer, it would possibly be some good therapy!

Paul

(PS Adam can drive normal cars!)

Simon_
23rd April 2004, 09:08
What Paul is saying makes sense..

Take the car as it is to a couple of strips to get some practice in?

Get up early and find some empty roads and practice quick starts etc?

Simon

Adamantium
23rd April 2004, 09:27
am thinking more about embarassing myself on the handling course actually.

if I want the car to stand a chance at being impressive I would think it would need someone who knows how to drive it!

I don't even want to enter the bloody event, was only doing it due to peer pressure and people saying, you have built the car, show it off.

Not keen on the attention when the events are being held and all eyes are on me!

Simon_
23rd April 2004, 09:29
Can we put your engine in my car then.. lol

Simon

Paul@Zen
23rd April 2004, 09:40
Adam,

You don't get it we don't want you to show your car off, just not to go to waste.

Paul

David_Wallis
23rd April 2004, 09:54
adam.. I think pat's a good driver having been around donnington with him smile.gif

two people spring to mind..

Chris King
John Felstead.

Andy.F
23rd April 2004, 15:51
Not sure about Mellow but JF is too timid with a car, as proven at TOTB2 ;) :D

Andy

David_Wallis
23rd April 2004, 16:06
LMFAO.

erm edited to add.. I know he's an outsider but what about Andy?

Seriously.

Adamantium
23rd April 2004, 18:20
andy isnt an outsider, wouldnt mind if he drove it.

need to add, spoken to anders and he is keen to arrange this midlands meet and hope to get everyone to come and discuss the team.

I told him of the suggestions for those choosing the team and he is happy with them, but I haven't heard back from moray or andy if they are happy to give their time into choosing. Am not sure how much time it would take up, but if you are up for it, it would seem that anders is happy with the three of you working together.

Moray, I can speak to tonight, but would appreciate if andy could state yay or nay.

could always ring andy tonight I suppose, but I dont have his number and if he has read this, I am sure he has as much info as the phone call would give him ! :D

David_Wallis
23rd April 2004, 18:38
Adam.. I have his number.

David

Old Trout
23rd April 2004, 18:44
Adjusted to add Calder racing as they want to play too!! ;)

Steven Darley
David Wallis
David Taylor
John Banks
Andy Cookson
Chris Jones
Scott Parker
Mikee Singh
Tim Whiteside
Darren Tiday (sp?)
Bob Rawle
Callum Ferguson
Alan Macrae
Christian Ruellan (sp?)
Mark Aigin
Pavlo
Pat
Calder Racing

CM-TOTB
23rd April 2004, 20:11
hope to see some of you at elvington on the 16th. unfortunately we cant afford to put on handling cct for the rwyb events at that cost, but the rest of the racing will be identical set up to totb for any of you who are nervous!

as for totb3, we will try and do something different again on the handling cct layout to give everyone a fair crack, this may also include limiting people to one lap at a time on the cct, then they will have to return via the gravel return road to pitlane to rejoin the queues. (rather than some people "hogging" the track a little as per last year!)
we want to ensure all competitors get chance to run the handling course in turn.
cheers
chris

Anders
23rd April 2004, 20:34
Right; Andy F, Moray M, and David T (alias Possum fink aka Tout) will decide the 10 :cool:

The curry venue will be in Olney just off the M1 at junction 14 on the Beds Bucks and Northamptonshire border. Its 50 mins from North London and 2-3 hours from yorkshire.

Tuner entries are essential but obviously not in a position to choose themselves!

now we need to choose a curry date :D

johnfelstead
23rd April 2004, 23:00
If you would like me to drive the car i would be happy to Adam, it would be nice to have a crack at it after the disaster that was TOTB2 for me.

As always the offer to help you get to grips with this car is there. smile.gif

TOTB2 22B entry was an Anders/JF production despite what Anders might say. ;) :D

Old Trout
23rd April 2004, 23:04
State of readiness for TOTB III

Steven Darley - has an engine and car
David Wallis - has an engine and car
David Taylor - has an engine and car, but the box is off the car
John Banks - up and running
Adam M - fingers and legs crossed, and if he will drive it, HIMSELF!!
Andy Cookson - up and running
Chris Jones - up and running
Scott Parker - up and running, but how long this time? ;)
Andy F - just needs a car, engine, turbo, box ;)
Mikee Singh - up and running
Tim Whiteside - up and running, just!
Darren Tiday - up and running, but needs to beat Darley this time
Bob Rawle - errrrr? Needs a stronger centre this time
Callum Ferguson -
Alan Macrae - fast, fast enough?
Christian Ruellan - if his wife lets him ;)
Mark Aigin - just needs engine, turbo, box and all the pipework I stole from his car, oh, and the bodyshell back
Pavlo - ?
Pat - well, emmm, errrr, oohmmmmmmm :D
Calder Racing - if they can be bothered to post here ;)

Slooby
23rd April 2004, 23:36
Originally posted by Possum Fink:
Tim Whiteside - up and running, just!At the moment up and rattling would be more appropriate...but that should change soon...ish ;)

David_Wallis
23rd April 2004, 23:45
lets have a team effort too.. no bitchyness..

The Midlands must have moved too.

David_Wallis
23rd April 2004, 23:45
lets have a team effort too.. no bitchyness..

The Midlands must have moved too.

Andy.F
24th April 2004, 01:28
"Andy F - just needs a car, engine, turbo, box "

Haha, maybe a bit further advanced than that ;)

Regards assisting with the team selection, I'm not going to be around much for the next 3-4 weeks as I'm off on 2 weeks hol on Wednesday then away mapping in France for a few days........so if it can wait that long then I'm happy (flattered) to be involved, if things need to be arranged sooner then I'll stand aside and let someone else assist.

Andy

Adamantium
24th April 2004, 07:14
I was thinking that about the midlands.

I would have said birmingham/derby to be fair!

Old Trout
24th April 2004, 07:22
Andy,

well we can do all the work and then you can help sign off the final team entry when you are back!

In reality I suspect that not a lot is going to happen until after ScoobyShoot out and the a few cars have had a chance to run and prove themselves in 2004 trim.

So your independant view from Alba would be most welcome...I mean we can't be accused of English bias can we?

Paul@Zen
24th April 2004, 10:36

Pavlo - ?

Possum :D Pavlo - Your worst nightmare come true...

TOTB Team Subaru
24th April 2004, 11:27
Team Subaru is here!!

Team Captain is Anders

Team Selection Possum, Andy F and Moray

Team email is totb_scoobies@fsmail.net

Just to give us a bit of focus and get us organised.

Heres to August!!

johnfelstead
24th April 2004, 18:57
and this username is whom? :D

CM-TOTB
24th April 2004, 21:41
also to add that a dedicated area will be provided again for a team marquee/banner and room for one support vehicle per team, if we can work that for you? we will be issuing passes this year in advance to competitors and support to stop people "blagging" their way into the area with cars that shouldnt be there!
rgds
chris

TOTB Team Subaru
25th April 2004, 07:06
John,

it is Ten of the Best Team Subaru ;)

Which is all the people named above!!

TOTBTS :D :D

johnfelstead
25th April 2004, 09:26
that's a neat trick, getting all those people to sit by a keyboard together. :D HQ at Truda Towers i recon. ;)

David_Wallis
25th April 2004, 15:33
Truda Towers..

Pah Trout Hall.

johnfelstead
25th April 2004, 16:35
PMSL. :D

fuz
25th April 2004, 17:00
don't forget the Trout Hall merchandise

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/gillandfinn/trouthallbench.html

Chris B
25th April 2004, 19:22
calder racing want to run their proven scooby as part of the 22b team if they can, and have already entered their supra in that team.The supra better sort its prop shaft problem.
It twisted one in half today @ Edzell. :eek:

Andy.F
25th April 2004, 23:33
calder racing want to run their proven scooby as part of the 22b team if they can, What's the general opinion on this ?
Someone who has never posted on this board and is (AFAIK) known to none of us, should he/she be considered as part of the 22b team ? Or should they be looking at an alternative method of entry to the event such as the 200+club ?

Andy

johnfelstead
25th April 2004, 23:54
Hi Andy, whether you post here or not is irelivent, it's the Subaru entry that just happens to be organised by a group of people on 22B.Com. The top 10 subaru's in the country should make up the team, that was certainly something i tried to achieve last year.

If the car can prove itself to be competitive then it should be considered on that merit for part of the team IMHO.

Old Trout
26th April 2004, 06:27
John,

I think your comments are fair.

However the Calder car is purely a quarter car, and so may not be the most competitive overall. A decision must be made in a wider context, again something I know you tried to make sure was done last year.

David_Wallis
26th April 2004, 08:58
Personally I dont think it should run. smile.gif

Cord
26th April 2004, 09:05
How does one go about getting on this list of what is, isn't and might be run?

Is it just a case of being "in with the gang" :D or is it just a list of known fast cars?

Steven
26th April 2004, 09:18
Like this

Scott Parker - up and running, but how long this time?
Andy F - just needs a car, engine, turbo, box
Callum Ferguson -
Christian Ruellan - if his wife lets him
Mark Aigin - just needs engine, turbo, box and all the pipework I stole from his car, oh, and the bodyshell back
Pavlo - ?
Pat - well, emmm, errrr, oohmmmmmmm
Calder Racing - if they can be bothered to post here
Cord - err dont know state of car

Paul@Zen
26th April 2004, 09:40
Pavlo - Up and running

T-uk
26th April 2004, 12:04
John Banks - up and runningI will point john to this thread but IMO his car would just be making up the numbers. it is a compromised road car at the end of the day and I doubt he will be willing to do what is required to make it worth while.

there is a P1 up here that should IMO throw better times once finished , he is just needing a new clutch and possibly headers and up-pipe , he is trying standard stuff at the moment to see it lower spool/lag is a benefit on a 20g at 1.4bar,fmic...........

I think he will be at the next crail day so will see how he does.

john banks
26th April 2004, 14:32
^ pretty much agree with above.

Paul@Zen
26th April 2004, 14:53
I don't agree. Wait till the ion turbo is in, and you can practice on some other surfaces/weather conditions.

I think it will be a worthwhile team member for all round performance.
Paul

[ 26. April 2004, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: Pavlo ]

Adamantium
26th April 2004, 16:25
i agree on the all round performance front.

I thought the varied events were what it was all about.

cars for quarters and top speed runs alone should not be considered.

ps. since when did trout become a member of the choosing gang?

I thought moray andy and anders was a nice number since it was odd!

stevieturbo
26th April 2004, 16:32
"it is a compromised road car at the end of the day"

It is an event supposed to be for road cars. All cars that enter must perform in all 3 events.

Chris B
26th April 2004, 16:32
John,

I think your comments are fair.

However the Calder car is purely a quarter car, and so may not be the most competitive overall. A decision must be made in a wider context, again something I know you tried to make sure was done last year.

Possum :D I'm pretty sure calder built there subaru to go round knockhill. I wouldn't class it as a straight line car.

T-uk
26th April 2004, 17:08
It is an event supposed to be for road carsagreed but when there are cars there , completely stripped out with a roll cage and 1 seat , it seems pointless to be classed the same. yes we could do the same but why when they are supposed to be road cars. a bolt in roll cage is one thing but I would say all cars need tax,mot certificate,road legal tyres and front and rear seats otherwise they should imo , be in a competition car class.

I do not think the ION turbo is the simple answer for john's car to compete. the six speed with the 7k rev limit is a poor mix for this sort of use, IMO. he has said that if the ION moves the peaks to close to the limiter , he will raise it. higher than I would risk :eek: but it's his call. there was a few other things that should improve the car but it all depends if he wants to do them.

if he is willing to go for it , obviously I will help in any way I can but the way the car is sitting at the moment , I feel this P1 will knock out better drag times and should do better on handling due to having coilovers.

Cord
26th April 2004, 18:05
It is an event supposed to be for road carsThen if they are road legal (MOT and all that malarky) then they can run.

Or should it be "an event for cars that are suitable to take your mum to the bingo in"

The event is for cars that are modified, you can't have your toys out of the pram because someone has modified theirs more than yours.

Paul@Zen
26th April 2004, 18:20
But Cord, it has become a semi pro drag event, but without the rules that normally exist within drag racing to allow fair racing amound similar vehicles.

I appreciate for someone to say this is in some way putting down the work you and Rod have done for the likes of Keith, but lets face it, how much does Keith's car get driven? It's been said before, but Rocket Ron's car was top, although he didn't manage to get home under his own steam this time round, you can't take away the fact that he won in a car not built purely for such events.

Paul

Old Trout
26th April 2004, 18:39
Originally posted by Anders:
Right; Andy F, Moray M, and David T (alias Possum fink aka Tout) will decide the 10 Adam,

since when did you forget to be able to read ;)

Possum

Chris,

I am led to believe that the Calder car is not build for the handling circuit, but for straight line sprint only. I would welcome them to join us here and comment on whether this is erroneous or not.

Possum

If anyone would like to be considered then please submit reasons why to totb_scoobies@fsmail.net.

The selectors are ready and keen to hear from anyone with a worthy car - even those who are not in the gang ;)

CM-TOTB
26th April 2004, 19:34
just to say that the overall TOTB3 Champion, and TOTB Team awards are based on points again from the top 10 finishers in each event overall, to encourage all round cars and teams.
yes the drag shootout is still the finale but good all rounders should come out on top in the end.
Dee from Calder is happy to speak with whoever is running the team, and to come to any events etc, i will put him in contact with the team reps if need be? the team reps are welcome though to pick a team based as they see fit, whether it be 10 all rounders or a few specialised drag or handling entries in your 10.
cheers
chris

TOTB Team Subaru
27th April 2004, 05:54
Originally posted by CM-TOTB:
Dee from Calder is happy to speak with whoever is running the team, and to come to any events etc, i will put him in contact with the team reps if need be? Dee has already contacted the team reps and we have his request to run as part of the Subaru team.

Indeed we now have three entries, does anyone else want to be considered :D :D

Looking forward to more entries, although you have a few weeks yet!

TOTBTS :D

Cord
27th April 2004, 06:48
Originally posted by Pavlo:
But Cord, it has become a semi pro drag event, but without the rules that normally exist within drag racing to allow fair racing amound similar vehicles.

I appreciate for someone to say this is in some way putting down the work you and Rod have done for the likes of Keith, but lets face it, how much does Keith's car get driven? It's been said before, but Rocket Ron's car was top, although he didn't manage to get home under his own steam this time round, you can't take away the fact that he won in a car not built purely for such events.

Paul I don't consider it putting us down in anyway. We have done a massive amount of work on another skyline purely to get it good on the handling circuit, (at an expense of poor 1/4 times) but because these mods aren't as in your face as keiths then it seems to go un noticed. A car like Keiths, or the other one i metioned will not take top honours on the day, just hopefully in their own event. A good all round car is still likely (in my mind) to win overall, allthough due to the more specialised cars entering it will probably not win any particular event, but consistency has, and always will, get results.

David_Wallis
27th April 2004, 07:40
Then if they are road legal (MOT and all that malarky) then they can run.

Or should it be "an event for cars that are suitable to take your mum to the bingo in"

The event is for cars that are modified, you can't have your toys out of the pram because someone has modified theirs more than yours. PMSL..

Absolutley true though, T-UK.. does it really matter if we pull the interior out?

T-uk
27th April 2004, 08:41
I would completely strip them out if there is nothing in the rules david , but then again it might be different if I was needing the car , the following day to get to work. jb's car for example has done about 8000miles since he got it back.

I just think the rules need tightening , otherwise there will eventually be , few road "looking" cars . I do not see the point of not allowing slicks when the rest of the car could be say an un-restricted WRC , with a team of mechanics , with boxes and diffs for every event.

I just think they need to decide if it is a road car event with rules , or throw the doors open to anything with no rules.

David_Wallis
27th April 2004, 11:26
I think it works quite well.. I kinda like the anything goes approach, at the end of the day it is to find the fastest modified 'car' in the UK.

I have a spare diff for events smile.gif

What I do love is the fact there are no nova's, corsa's or saxo's smile.gif

Would have to run the event over two days to allow them to run if there was.

David

Simon_
27th April 2004, 11:28
David is that because there would be so many of them or because they are slow? ;)

Simon

David_Wallis
27th April 2004, 12:58
slow :D

Simon_
27th April 2004, 13:08
:D

Zoidberg
27th April 2004, 13:30
lol! She will be my wife then as well! :lol:

RSVR Racer
27th April 2004, 18:45
Originally posted by P20SPD:
Like this

Scott Parker - up and running, but how long this time?
Andy F - just needs a car, engine, turbo, box
Callum Ferguson -
Pavlo - ?
Pat - well, emmm, errrr, oohmmmmmmm
Calder Racing - if they can be bothered to post here
Cord - err dont know state of car Conrad - Car in Place, all parts in place, just waiting on engine builder to pull his finger oot of his 'rse :D

Conrad

TOTB Team Subaru
27th April 2004, 20:50
Ok everyone, if you would like to enter here is the low down.

Please send an email with the following details to

totb_scoobies@fsmail.net

Car type: Subaru (obviously) Impreza, Legacy, Forester, Justy, pick-up

Performance: Quarter mile (state if estimated)

Power output: RR/Bench/Estimated

Overview of spec: engine, drivetrain, etc

Suspension set-up: mods/standard etc

Name: as in your name

Address: obviously not to be published

Preferred event: drag, speed, handling, all rounder

And any other information you may find useful.

Look forward to your entries, plenty of time to go, not least cos Andy has buggered off on holiday.

TOTBTS :D

TOTB Team Subaru
27th April 2004, 20:57
Hello again!!

I have invited CRD to post here or to give me permission to post their emails. They have opted for the latter.

What is everyones view?

"Hi I have been speaking with chris mann and I have three cars to enter for this years event, the cars are 1000 bhp supra which the supra club want me to fly the flag for them and I also have a skyline which the gtr club want me to go under them, so I am just wondering if you would want my car to run under you? the car is a sti v4 coupe it had 505 bhp last year and was running 11 sec quarters, for this year we have rebuit it and are looking to have 600 bhp + Nos on top, and the car is going on strict diet as well, we will also be going as a tuner entry but are more than happy to fly the flag for the clubs, let me know what you think."

"Hi the car is quite the oppiste, the car was uilt for track and fast road use, it has 10 pot brakes up front with 355mm disc and the four pots from the front on rear, a full roll cage, 2 seats harnesses, all the electric windows ect are still there it has front and rear strut bars, a mega
suspension set up ect, my best hope for the car is in the handling circuit, not drag or top speed"

Paul@Zen
27th April 2004, 21:46
I would say there people struggling to get a place for one car, let alone 3, so I am not too keen on thar front. However the impreza sounds good, it has a Axis Power Racing engine in AFAIK so the power claims may be on the money.

Paul

johnfelstead
27th April 2004, 22:02
they only want to run one subaru, so who cares how many other marques they run? that concern can be left to Chris Mann.

Sounds like it's got enough to warant proper consideration. Getting 10 good spec cars together is not an easy task when it comes to the crunch so dont discount anything at this stage.

Chris B
27th April 2004, 22:03
Hmmmmmmm Its a JUN Stroker. Maybe its changed since last time.

[ 28. April 2004, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: Chris B ]

Paul@Zen
28th April 2004, 08:01
put it this way, Calder are interested in bringinn in axis engines...

RSVR Racer
28th April 2004, 11:33
Why not? it sounds like a well sorted car and its up & running now which is one step (make that 10) infront of me (& others) LOL :D

Conrad

Paul@Zen
28th April 2004, 11:54
Bring it on I say, it will be good to have at least one sorted car on the day.

I wanna Storker too!

Paul

RSVR Racer
28th April 2004, 15:15
:D

[ 29. April 2004, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: Conrad ]

johnfelstead
28th April 2004, 15:55
Pavlo, faster U-Turns than Tony Blair. Quality. :D

Chris B
28th April 2004, 17:43
opppps edited now.

CM-TOTB
28th April 2004, 19:39
the Calder GTR entry isnt finalised as yet anyway, as the GTR team isnt selected yet, but their supra is in the Supras team. Dee sent me a spec on the scooby some time ago and did say he thought it may do well on the handling course.
cheers
chris