5. John Harley
6. David Taylor
7. Tim Whiteside
8. Bob Rawle
9. Mike Singh

Other runners:
Harvey via 200+
Michael legacy via 200+

This is the final entry list, good luck everyone, see you in elvington. http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by johnfelstead (edited 30 July 2003).]

ChristianR
12th April 2003, 12:40
Seems a good list of cars http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

what happened to pat's monster??

[This message has been edited by ChristianR (edited 12 April 2003).]

Adam M
12th April 2003, 18:49
nothing, its more of monster in the making.

dont recall it ever being expected to run at totb.

harvey
13th April 2003, 10:42
Andy.F
22B Member posted 03 April 2003 20:40
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Adam
You have said -

"I'm not into top speed running"
"1/4 miles are not that important"
"Im a crap driver so John F will do the handling course"

So exactly why are you preparing for TOTB ?

Adam : Good Luck getting your car finished for August. It will be worth seeing after an 18 month re-build and I know you will be getting excited.

But who have you got lined up to drive ?

johnfelstead
13th April 2003, 11:50
Isnt it obvious from what you just posted?

Adam has asked me to give the car a run, it should be good fun/quick.

5 Type R
13th April 2003, 14:26
Just seen the Norris Evo do a 10.99 @ 132mph at the pod!!!!!

C'mon people .... can't let it beat you boys at TOTB2!!!

David_Wallis
13th April 2003, 16:00
and in jap perf. he has 11.02 at 13xmph...

x is a value between 0 and 9

Norris evo... pah.. http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/wink.gif

Pblamire
13th April 2003, 19:56
considering twice the power of Andy's car when he did 11.69, it's quite poor on the the value for money stakes! £75k spent?

Scoobs gotta be getting into the 10s, although I think the Norris evo will go quicker when it matters.

Paul

Possum Fink
13th April 2003, 22:13
Are we gonna run a book on the fastest Scoob.

I know where my money is firmly planted - http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Possum

PS Harvey - re your question to Adam - didn't you just post something something similar on Snet - along the lines of the car not being put together for top speed runs and having gearing too long for sprints? http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/confused.gif

David_Wallis
13th April 2003, 23:01
My money on scoobs is on Mark or Steve Guirey

Adam M
14th April 2003, 00:38
Harvey,

the car is not being built for the purposes of events such as totb, but I am interested to see what it will do.

If it cant happen then so be it, its not a big deal.

I will know the output of the car from the dyno at least.

I dont really want to see that either to be honest sa I will scared to see the poor thing run at the boost levels it does on the dyno.

As for letting someone else drive, again I am a crap driver, and if I want to see what the car is ultimately capable of, it would be cruel of me to try to achieve this myself.

I have left no stone unturned in making the car as good as it can be, it would be wrong to not use the best driver readily available to me.

Adam M
14th April 2003, 09:10
thats if the engine and car are ready in time.

would appear my engine builder is going on holiday so I am not in a position to book time on the dyno for which there is a two week wait anyway.

In short, cant see it being dynoed now until may time. http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/frown.gif

David_Wallis
14th April 2003, 09:24
Adam...

Still need a loom?? Mail me if so.

David

ChristianR
14th April 2003, 16:53
What is happening re: insurance? Does TOTB have someone we can use?

David_Wallis
14th April 2003, 20:00
nope..

how about a group buy with edgar lawson.. (thanks harvey for the recommendation)

harvey
14th April 2003, 22:47
John : I know you are doing the handling course and will wring the best out of the car but that still leaves the 1/4 and top speed. I presume that to be selected for TOTB the car has to do all three assuming it is indeed on the road by that time.

Trout/David : If the contenders produce an accurate spec sheet and are honest about the progress about their engine build then I think a book on the overall Scooby winner is a very interesting idea.
I am not sure what you mean by your refrence to S/Net but my wagon is a fast road car, gearing is not ideal for quarter mile or ultimate top speed but it can still give a very credible result from a 2 litre engine in both 1/4 mile and top speed as has already been shown in front of hundreds of people.

Adam : I know your car is not spec`d for the best result in the Scooby Community at TOTB. Like me you wanted to be able to do other things and be an everyday driver but 12 months into your rebuild you did set yourself the target of having it ready for TOTB on August 3rd.
Regards your time schedule I do wonder why you did not order all the bits at once instead of waiting for weeks at a time between each individual time each part was required which caused multiple delivery delays.
You have already told us your engine is being rebuilt at Bill Gwynns and I wonder how many engines you are having rebuilt. I simply ask this because my information is that last Saturday your blocks had not even been put together yet which is totally contrary to both rebuild schedules you have published on here.
Is my information correct or is your engine builder pulling your plonker ??????? Perhaps there is another explanation !!!!!

David_Wallis
14th April 2003, 23:05
Harvey, at the moment I will give nothing away.. http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/smile.gif

All that I will is in my project thread on Snet..

David

Adam M
15th April 2003, 00:11
harvey,

your points are valid and believe me I didnt want the car off the road for this long but the problems that have arisen have not been foreseeable and so have been addressed each time they arose which led to the delays.

I own the parts for two complete engines. The second is the closed deck 2.2 from the 22B when it died in the first place. The block is ok so can be bored and honed, the pistons and rods have been replaced, and thanks to darren I have some genuine gaskets. I kept the standard heads but these are at bill gwynnes in need of being picked up.

This engine will be built one day but is at present mostly in boxes in my parents garage. I would have liked it assembled just in case the 2.5 decides to let go, that way I shouldnt have to take the car off the road, again.

Bill Gwynnes are building the engine. The original delay came because I was waiting in a queue for their engine builders' time (external engine builder). He was damn slow and eventually didnt want to build a non conventional impreza engine (no idea why its no different really).

So Bill Gwynne started building it internally. i supplied a 2.5 crank which was bought with the block from cobb in the states. They assembled the short block to find massive differences in the deck heights. The engine was therefore taken to pieces and everything measured again. It turned out the problem arose from the stroke of the standard crank being out of tolerance by exactly the deck height difference.

There was potentially the possibility of machining the pistons to get things the same but since they were dished already it would have left uneven compression ratios.

It was decided to get a farndon crank to make things easy.

this was 3 months alone.

During the same three months the gudgeon pin spec problem reared its head. I did some research and spoke with JE in the states in order to get an ideal piston spec as well as a static compression ratio which I was happy with.

I was now armed with all the short block internals.

I then requested Kent come up with some cam profiles for me, which they did. After a few complicated mix ups, they arrived but there was question of the springs being able to cope with the harsher profile. Uprated springs were suggested, but they didnt fit due to the coil thickness and separation reaching a limit. Double springing was the best option. Bill Gwynnes were going to do this originally with some of their WRC spec valves, but the cost was prohibitive.

I enlisted another company to produce the bits needed for the heads, and this took a further 10 weeks to get custom valves etc made up. Since they were designed and manufactired from scratch, there was little I could do but at least i knew the final result would be right.

That brings us to now.

The short block was assmebled to find the rods on 1 and 2 were not moving freely on the crank. This was because after nitriding the crank the surface was not polished smoothly enough and so it had to be sent back to farndon.

It is now back, with all the right bits ready to go together and the heads already shimmed. This means that putting it together should be a formality.

It is in bits, including the block being in two halves, but the difficulty in building an engine comes from measuring everything and plastigauging to check tolerances. If things are out of tolerance they need to be sorted.

This is still the case, but since the crucial bits that werent right have now been put right, it should simply go together. The fact that it is still completely in pieces doesnt stop it from going together in the time frame I have mentioned. The only set back is that one I mentioned with regard to the engine builder going away for a week.

From the position it is in now I expected it to take about 4 days to put it together taking the appropriate amount of care.

As you said it has been designed to be used everyday, so if that for whatever reason means it wont be ready for totb, then I will just have to cope and give up my place to someone else. I would be very surprised if it isnt ready in time though.

It has been so long now that I do forget I own one, so extra delays are neither here nor there anymore. If I get my hopes up that it will be ready by X I know I will be dissapointed so I will just wait and hope for the best.

What makes you think there is more than one engine build going on? Not sure why the fact that the block is in two halves means the claims about the date of the finished engine must be in question. http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/confused.gif

Not sure if you are implying anything by the last comment of yours post. There is nothing cloak and dagger here.

Surely you dont think I would invest 25k in buying a car and intentionally keep it off the road for a year just to spite myself or perhaps cover up some grand scheme to defraud a community of like minded car enthusiasts? I am struggling to follow your train of thought. Of course I collected all the parts in the first place, but they dont always go together perfectly and it is the complications which created the delays.

I want my car finished so that I can drive it, not impress/embarass others.

I am still a bit concerned about the rivalry on here, and it is really putting me off having anything to do with totb. I dont like it one bit.

I presume when you are talking to John you are referring to my car. I had intended to allow John to run the quarters as well, I did already state that the top speed trial did not interest me as a test for my car. I still think it is the worst possible load for the car and am not interested in seeing what it can do top end for my own benefit as it will NEVER see that use in my hands.

I dont know how this affects the marking of the TOTB score sheet. I suppose if there is a car which is known to be abstaining from a category then it may be unfair on thers wanting to exploit all threee criteria for theirs.

with this in mind perhaps I should allow someone else to take my place.

Maybe its the right thing to do.

Anders/John what do you think about this?

If you dont have an opinion, I may throw it open to a vote on here. If the general consensus is that I am unfairly taking someones place, I will gladly relinquish it.

anyone want to vote on it?

do I stick or do I fold?

[This message has been edited by Adam M (edited 15 April 2003).]

harvey
15th April 2003, 06:11
See : 25.03.03 16:09 TOTB
02.04.03 00:04 TOTB
14.04.03 10:10 TOTB II List of
Contenders

harvey
15th April 2003, 06:52
Cheers Adam: I only asked if you had a second engine in build because the state of assembly of the engine I was aware of was much different to what I had gathered from what I read above.
Anyway, I hope things go well for you now and it is in the car and fettled for the beginning of August.

Adam M
15th April 2003, 07:27
Fair enough.

no, definitely not for the concise answer. though I would like to have the second one built asap..

Was still serious about resigning my place though if people think I should.

Slooby
15th April 2003, 08:25
Adam, you think too much http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

You have a place, keep it until nearer the time, who knows how your mind could change, or circumstances elseware...maybe I'll even build an engine...then again, that's as likely as Moray finishing one http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/wink.gif

Adam M
15th April 2003, 08:32
I do think too much yes, but so far I am unwavered about doing the top speed run.

How do people see TOTB, as a test track for their, a competition against other marques or a competition against other imprezas?

quick question for harvey,

assuming all the bits are waiting and all fit together perfectly and are sitting ready in front of an engine builder on a bench, how long do you think it takes to assemble an engine from scratch?

ChristianR
15th April 2003, 10:30
Adam, I see TOTB as a fun day out. It will be good to test my car out on a track (as I have never been to one). And I am looking forward to seeing all the others makes of cars performing. Such as dodge vipers, skylines etc.

I do feel, however, that the "Subaru" side seems to be getting very bitchy and, perhaps jealous? of cars that are running.

I do not see "us" being very supportive to fellow contenders compared to other TOTB threads I have read on other community forums.

Does anyone else think this, or am I the only one?

Pblamire
15th April 2003, 10:36
Adam,

Just a quick reply about building an engine from bits that are known to fit.

Expect about 3 hours to assemble short block (conservative).

1 Hour to fit oil and water pumps etc.

3 Hours to build heads if not already shimmed and you're having to finish shims to fit each valve.

2 hours to fit heads and remaining external parts like water pipes etc.

1 hour to time cams and fit covers etc.

So realistically your engine build should deffo have it done inside 1.5 to 2 days, and could be done in a day if some of the steps like valve clearances are done. Unless I missed something obvious?

Paul

Slooby
15th April 2003, 11:30
TOTB last year was a riot http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif but there seemed to be less agendas and factions then...

There will be the same things going on with Fords, Skylines, Evos etc at the end of the day.

It's a shame people are getting so het up about something that won't be happening until August though http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

Adam M
15th April 2003, 11:42
No paul, you have it spot on, conservatively so in the case of my engine since the valves have been shimmed already.

I thought as much, but even in a worse case scenario just didnt understand how even starting from the block in two halves, harvey wasnt sure why my engine couldnt be finished inside a week.

I dont know how much time per day the builder spends on my engine, so if he says he wont have it finished in 3 days, then I will wait until he is in a position to continue. If he isnt happy to rush, thats fine by me.

johnfelstead
15th April 2003, 15:04
Ten of the Best is about having a bit of fun and trying to do well in a competition. If you take it so seriously that your going to be pissed off if you dont win, or dont prove what you want to achieve, then you are a loser before you even start.

I had a great time last year at TOTB, the scrap i had with Puff on the handling track was all in great fun, despite us wanting to beat each other. That got the best out of me and led to some crazy antics like spinning through the timing beams backwards at god knows what speed. It was just lots of fun, competition should be fun, we arent profesional racers with million pound budgets to worry about.

Lets all chill out and enjoy it for what it should be, friendly rivalry where the best man/car combination wins.

Adam, you worry too much on the high speed run. The big issues are when your loading it up on full chat to get that last few MPH out of it. The safest way to do this is wind it up to the point where its getting close to terminal and then just back it off, that wont put undue load into the engine and will give a fairly good indication of top speed. I take my own STi to 150MPH twice a lap all day at the ring, accelerating to those speeds is nothing special, it's those stupid full power get the last few MPH out of it runs that kill engines.

I aborted my own top speed run last year because the plugs started to break down, so you can be asured, if you want me to do the runs, i wont push it through a problem just to prove a point, thats not the way i think.

Adam M
15th April 2003, 16:28
John,

I have total faith in your abilities.

there are very few others I would trust with my favourite car and my most expensive project.

If there is an onus on peole to enter every section then I may consider it in light of what you have said, but if it really does make no difference, then to be honest given, that it really is still not important to me, I would just as rather not enter it for that.

johnfelstead
15th April 2003, 17:15
"Competitors are expected to run in all 3 disciplines if they want to win the overall "TOTB II Champion". In addition points will be awarded accordingly towards an overall team prize."

That says to me you dont have to run all disiplines, but you do if you want to win overall. I'll go along with whatever you feel Adam, it's your pride and joy, so you make all the decisions. I'll do my best to give it a good run and keep it healthy.

Adam M
15th April 2003, 17:34
thanks john.

didnt realise it was team orientated.

does that mean we are team 22B?

With the in mind will consider it on the day.

thanks again john, just hope I can get a car going for you.

Possum Fink
15th April 2003, 20:01
Harvey,

sorry I was confused

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I am still developing the car and enjoying doing it. If the fastest quarter mile or highest top speed were my objectives I would be running different gearing, but I want an all round every day road car capable of covering long distances in a relaxed manner <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Adam
You have said -
"I'm not into top speed running"
"1/4 miles are not that important"

So exactly why are you preparing for TOTB ? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's just that your question to Adam would seem to equally apply to your quotes elsewhere.

Or is it simply that I do not understand your dry sense of humour?

Possum

[This message has been edited by Possum Fink (edited 15 April 2003).]

pat
16th April 2003, 02:03
Personally, I feel that a car should be driven by its owner on the day if it is to contend for any title... but if it's just there for testing then I guess another driver would do http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/smile.gif

I suppose that if Project 33B Phase I is ready for TOTB2 then I might have a go at the top speed run, my gearing and tyre combination will give me a top speed of about 187 MPH if I obey the 7000 RPM limit, but if I'm naughty then I suppose that 200 MPH may be on the cards. Project 33B Phase II should pull 220 MPH but will not be ready for TOTB2.

I think the quarter mile times will be pretty pants, because the gear ratios were designed for a flat four not a flat six, so are really too short... there's a lot more inertia in a flat six so it's better to use taller gearing and use the torque swell IMVHO.

As for handling I think that's gonna be a bit loony for a while, with the additional weight up front and any non-essential frontal mass moved to the back it will increase the polar moment somewhat, so you can pretty much throw the book away with regard to what will and won't work on the Impreza....

Cheers,

Pat.

David_Wallis
16th April 2003, 09:13
Pat.. come on... pics please http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

David

Anders
16th April 2003, 09:37
Pat the dark horse of ten of the best 3 http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/wink.gif http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/cool.gif

harvey
16th April 2003, 12:04
Possum Fink/David: You are confused? Now you have me confused. I really do not know what you are meaning.
I am taking my every day road car to Elvigton for TOTB and the preliminaries because I am interested to see how it performs. However I am not modifying it, aimed either at a fast quarter or top speed (although I know of several things I could do that would make a marked difference) and presently I am close to the end of potential modifications that I want to make on this engine.
Hope that answers your point but if not, let me know. Cheers.
Adam: I have just seen your question to me. In line with what Paul has said there is a couple of days work involved to put one of these engines together properly and a bit less if the heads are built and shimmed, say leess 4hrs.From your own posts I see that all the bits are ready.
I did not say anywhere that it could not be put together in a week (as far as I know) because I am sure that Warren is more than capable of doing it in two days.
A long time ago you told us the engine was just waiting to have the heads on. Then I think you wanted the wire rings removed and the grooves filled in with plastic metal???
Then you have posted your time schedule a couple of times and said the builder wants it finished but as of last Saturday the two blocks are still not assembled so clearly the schedule is off course already and I was trying to point out diplomatically that you might need to get on top of it if you were planning to run @ TOTB. It has been on the go over about 15 mths now so you only have another three mths if you were to meet your own target of TOTB.

ChristianR
16th April 2003, 12:32
Harvey, I believe Adam's target was never to get it ready for TOTB 2 when he decided to go down this path of modifying his 22b.

Adam M
16th April 2003, 12:46
ahh, I see what you are getting at now.

the complication arose because last time when it was waiting for heads, the problem with the finish of the crank after the nitiriding was not known about, this was a delay which involved sending the crank back, and as you can guess from the 10 week delivery time, farndon are not the fastest of people.

TOTB is not a deadline for my engine, it would be nice. the difference now over the past is that the end is in sight, and there arent many hurdles to over come. I would hope it is feasible at this point to be able to get things running to my satisfaction in good time before TOTB.

But as I say, crucially it is merely a test faciltiy for me, the result of the bench dyno is far more important to me.

With regard to trouts point, I think he was stating the fact that what you have said is at odds with the question you asked me.

ie. Why am I bothering to put the car into TOTB if I dont care for quarter miles and top speeds.

this is meant to be considered in light of what you said about gearing the car for road use, and not being fussed about quarter miles and top speeds.

I presume you, like me want to use it as a gauge of how well the modifications are going.

One recurring thing regarding your post that does confuse me is your use of the words daily driver all the time.

If I could have had the option, my car would have been off the road a day. I dont see what it is that makes your a daily driver compared with other peoples.

Once my car and every other car I know of is finished, it is perfectly capable of being a daily driver. christians included. Bobs is to my knowledge, anders uses his everyday.

Are you pointing out that yours didn't leave the road for a large amount of time, or that it has remained reliable? credit is due on both counts, but I am keen to know which aspect of the conversion you are so keen to emphasize.

David_Wallis
16th April 2003, 14:10
In my mind daily driver doesnt mean how long it is off the road for, it means that its your primary means of transport and not a weekend car... and does the mileage...

Mine will be a daily driver.. just not with ALS and 3 Bar boost.

David

Adam M
16th April 2003, 14:52
If that is the case, then show me whose car wont be a daily driver.

mine certainly will be although i would rather save it for special occasions.

We are not talking dry weather slicked race machines with sequential boxes and no windscreens. I fail to see what prevents us al having daily drivers.

ChristianR
16th April 2003, 15:39
I think what Harvey means is that on the totb day, his car wont be running any different to how he runs it on the road.

Some people, such as Davids post above, I presume means that the spec he will be running at totb will be different to the spec he is running on the road. I.e. less boost, no als etc.

David_Wallis
16th April 2003, 16:04
ALS is possibly illegal on the road..

I will be running my weekend spec at totb..

David

Adam M
16th April 2003, 16:14
lol @ weekend spec!

Wallis, if I drop you off a pug 205 and a budget, can you make it mechanically perfect for me?

David_Wallis
16th April 2003, 16:48
Why what you got in mind?

David

ChristianR
16th April 2003, 16:59
David, it is his TOTB2 backup plan http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/smile.gif 205B hehehe

Adam M
16th April 2003, 17:08
Nothing really, my second car thats all.

It has what I think is a dodgy MOT, and I want someone to basically go over it with a fine tooth comb and replace anything suspect.

eventually it may serve as a donor car for something fun Pat has in mind!

Anders
17th April 2003, 07:41
Well the penny has finally dropped for me http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/eek.gif

My Insurance normally covers any event so long as it is not a "time trial".

Therefore I do need specific insurance.....
what would a group buy from Edgar Lawson entail?

JohnS
17th April 2003, 08:08
I don't think that Egger Lawson do group cover for insurance any more http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/frown.gif

We used to have some cracking deals for track insurance (as in £30 per person), and we never had a claim. Sadly they had to stop them and increase premiums in general due to a general increase in claims (I think a few people went off in TVRs and Porsche's and had *huge* claims).

I'd phone them up and explain the circumstances of the event (ie one car at a time, straight line only, lots of run-off, and the slalom will also be held on the flat with lots of run-off), and they might come up with a special deal for the event, as it's obviously much lower risk than a typical track event where you have many cars on track at once.

They will only cover accidental damage, so you won't be covered if you change up from the redline in 4th into 3rd for example.

John

David_Wallis
17th April 2003, 09:48
Anders, Im interested.

Start a new thread??

David

harvey
17th April 2003, 11:22
Christian : When Adam started with this engine rebuild it was at least 6 months before TOTB 1, so I am sure he was not building it for TOTB 2, and there is now doubt that it will be ready then. However, if you care to read some of the volumous posts on this BBS you will see that Adam wanted his engine finished to run at TOTB 2 and presumably that is why he put his name down for it.

Personally I feel that for a car to be accepted within a group for TOTB 2, it should be prepared to run in all three tests to give a fair indication of its overall ability. I can think of no reason not to run a well put together car in the top speed run, regardless of who is driving it but that is down to Adam and if it is not ready for the road come 3rd August it does not matter anyhow as somebody else will get the place.

A daily driver is a car that can be used, practically, everyday in normal road conditions. It is tractable enough to drive accross central London in the rush hour or do whatever is asked of it regardless of weather etc. It is unlikely to have a roll cage, racing seats, paddle clutch, stripped out interior, or tyres other than road legal. In the past there were suggestions that my car was not a daily driver which is clearly wrong hence my reference to daily driver and I am sure when Adams car is eventually finished it will be an everyday car even if it is only brought out at weekends or whatever.

Regards my period off road, from memory it took 3 weeks from the time that I picked up no.2 piston in the bore until the car was running again. The only protracted time it has been off the road since was when the turbo was sent back to Canada but that was not because of a problem specifically relating to the reliability of the turbo. The only other problem I can remember was a split intercooler pipe when I was at Bob`s and a fix was effected about 11pm using silicon tape. I have omitted the drivetrain problem because that was down to pure bad workmanship by the clowns that fitted a 3.9 front diff and a 3.545 rear without even an LSD and as it is a Jap car there was no 1.1:1 dropper.

So other than that the car has been reliable.

Adam made a number of posts with his engine build programme and I simply pointed out to him that despite what he had posted the two halves of the block were not yet together.

Adam may enjoy pondering over his engine and posting on here about it and I wish him good luck in getting it finished for whenever he wants.

I think Adam will agree there can be no criticism of the guy building the engine and I hope I have clarified adequately where I was coming from.

David_Wallis
17th April 2003, 12:44
Harvey just out of interest what gears are you running?? stock subaru?? Mail me if you prefer.

David

harvey
17th April 2003, 13:28
Stock STi 6 box with 3.9 diffs (front and rear now), with an LSD in both front and rear axles and uprated centre viscuous.
A few weeks ago I changed my diff oil and found some iron filings on the magnetic sump plug so it might just be a matter of time.
Incidentally, I am told that the last of the STi 6 boxes were the strongest but I have no evidence personally to verify that.
My .728 fifth gear allows +192mph at 8,000rpm but the car would need a lot more power and higher up the rev band to get there.
I did have a Possum Bourne gear-set with short ratios which I intended to use but as top speed would have been under 140mph at 8,000rpm I sold it.
David: If you come up with a good practical gearbox or differential solution , let me know. Obviously for an everyday driver then dog gears are out.
My attitude to the rear diff at present is that these may be expendible items but so far so good.

ChristianR
17th April 2003, 13:33
harvey, have you not considered the laterial performance uprated syncro kit? It is an excellent piece of kit, and is just like driving a "normal" subaru. It will be able to handle the power of your car no probs.

Pblamire
17th April 2003, 17:40
I'm pretty sure that Harvey has considered the LP uprated synchro kit, I will leave to to Harvey him self to say exactly what he considered it though.

I think the 6 speed is a viable solution for high power cars, my only reservation is the weight increase, so I would be keen to see what that is.

I find it odd that the LP gearset is the only one 'rated' to anything, which I think in this day and age is a bold step, if only Subaru would follow!

paul

C
17th April 2003, 20:31
Its like the RSOC club on here & SN sometimes http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

I have 'some' doubts about the ND Evo7 & the turbo kit used to produce 771bhp from the car.. as other have said there is no doubt it is bloody quick....

I know that his 10.99 run was on the low boost (1.5 bar) for the 1st three gears & then switches to the high boost for 4th & 5th.

Remember the car has already recorded a 2.85 to 60 on a normal set of road tyres..

From what I can gather off the MLR he has a serious wheelspin issue (which can be seen on the in car videos) when launching even on the low boost, but there are measures to sort this AFAIK.

My own evo will be running on the day, I'm not going to be able to compete with ND purely because of budgets involved. However I woulf like to think it will be the next quickest car there in our own "forum battle" so to speak.

He appears to no longer have any diff issues (running with an RS setup now) & expects the car to be sub 10 seconds by the time of TOTB2. I know his goal is to win the event, even beating the skylines!!!!

I would just like to beat the bloody fords http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/tongue.gif

I know my car isnt a daily driver (company car etc) but it sure as hell will be driven to events etc.

See you there (if its finished) - keep an Evo out for a bright yellow Evo five with a few stickers & carbon bits hopefully going quite fast http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/wink.gif

Chris

Slooby
17th April 2003, 21:00
ROTFPMSL http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/wink.gif guess what at though http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/wink.gif

I think, Harvey, that it was the casing used for the STi 6 was the stong bit, nothing else

ChristianR
17th April 2003, 21:51
C&gt; Impressive if sub 10's, the Speedtech Lancer EVO-III did a 9.70 run in New Zealand the other day.

Adam M
17th April 2003, 23:07
Harvey,

understand now where you are coming from with the daily driver thing.

I didnt acually put my name forward for TOTB, I think anders kinda did it for me given the spec of the car.

I would not say however there is doubt that it will be ready for TOTB. With just under four months and no obstacles in the way, short of all engine builders in the country being wiped out by a highly selective virus I am not sure how it could happen.

Saying that, I dont want to tempt fate, so that will be the last comment of that nature.

With regard to high speed running, any theoretician will tell you that the highest stresses on the internals occur at sustained high speed, thi is due to a combination of load from gearing, wind resistance and the very high revs, combined with little rest for the components to cool down.

I dont doubt for a second that my components can handle it, I also have faith in the engine builder to do a good job, but such a run would without question be the biggest test of the engine, and in the absence of my desire to know the result why risk it?

cant think of a decent analogy, but will try.

Imagine jumping out of a plane, if there is a 99% chance the chute will open, but you gain nothing from the jump, then why do it?

more than lilely you wont die, but whats the point if the jump gives you no pleasure?

that is my only reason.

I do admit also to thinking it a little unfair that a car which only exists on a spec sheet should have a place reserved at TOTB, but I am more than confident it will be ready in time, as will all the others.

[This message has been edited by Adam M (edited 18 April 2003).]

Doc_Jock
18th April 2003, 07:11
It would be good to see your car doing it's thing Adam http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/smile.gif
Hope it works out.

David_Wallis
26th April 2003, 19:27
Btt http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Got you all excited then

Anders
27th April 2003, 07:00
I will be collecting the entry fees soon http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/eek.gif

P20SPD
27th April 2003, 08:05
Another preactice day today, minus the handling circuit, still not chnaged my clutch, so it could well die completely today http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

P20SPD
27th April 2003, 20:35
Clutch still has not died completely, but was slipping badly in 3rd and 4th. Still managed a 12.8 in the pouring rain.

Sorry Trout http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Steven http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Adam M
28th April 2003, 09:53
well done steve,

but you need to kill that clutch before TOTB just in case.

P20SPD
28th April 2003, 10:17
Cheers Adam, i have been trying to kill it completely, but cant, too much of a girl according to wallis http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

I have one of Marks clutches and billet flywheel sat in the garage for about 2 months now http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

It will be changed this weekend, so will try and kill it towards the end of the week http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

David_Wallis
28th April 2003, 10:47
Can I try http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

P20SPD
28th April 2003, 10:53
No http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif, you will probably kill my gearbox as well, seeing as though i drive like a girl, as you kept reminding me http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/tongue.gif

David_Wallis
28th April 2003, 10:56
So easy to say though isnt it? in three months you can say the same to me http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Ps Ill keep the 5spd for you http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

David

P20SPD
28th April 2003, 11:04
LOL, i will say it now, can i have go when it is running http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

David_Wallis
28th April 2003, 11:18
Of course http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

David

Adam M
28th April 2003, 13:04
Can I have a go?

migt be nice to go in a fast car once its running, as opposed to mine which I will be so frightened of damaging, will never exceed 3000 rpm (at which point it will still be making 350lbft! please god)

David_Wallis
28th April 2003, 15:32
you saying you wouldnt mind damaging mine??

David

P20SPD
8th May 2003, 15:22
just realised i am 4th on the reserves list http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif;(

Not much chance of running then http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Steven

Andy.F
8th May 2003, 23:17
Steven

It might be only you and me http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/wink.gif Not sure that many of the other ornaments are actually mobile http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Andy

P20SPD
9th May 2003, 07:39
LOL Andy http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif Now now http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/wink.gif

David_Wallis
9th May 2003, 11:34
Lol at andy..

&lt;Chuckles to himself&gt;

Mental note must buy a spare diff.

Slooby
9th May 2003, 12:47
Mines mobile...ish...well provided I don't decide to run more boost and blow up the engine http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/tongue.gif

David_Wallis
20th May 2003, 00:13
was discussing the benefits of Armco barriers on saturday evening with Trout after seeing marks 1/4 Mile Attempts.. http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/tongue.gif

They were on GT3 though and were a lot quicker than mine though..

David

P20SPD
20th May 2003, 07:10
http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Adam M
20th May 2003, 09:40
David, I meant a passenger ride, not a drive!

Think andy has a point, but then would like to see evidence of these cars not running, since last time I checked, I had never met andy nor does he know where my car lives!

He is right though (it doesn't live yet!).

P20SPD
20th May 2003, 13:07
Given the "FAO of Anders" thread in Anything else, linking to a question from Chris re entry forms etc for TOTB, dont you think we should be clarifying things now, and saying for DEFINATE which cars will be runninga and which will be running at TOTB 3??

Only saying, as i do not wish to be informed at the very last minute that i will be running. I would like to know a little in advance, as i have a few things that i want to do to the car, and having that as a set date would make me do them.

Steven

P20SPD
20th May 2003, 13:12
Forgot to add, i think it would be far better 10 Subarus ACTUALLY running as part of "the club" than actually having 10 ENTERED but only a few running.

I know a lot of the projects that are going on, and how some are starting to count down the days to TOTB II, but you must be realistic.

Sorry to sound negative http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/frown.gif, but i think we need to decide IMO.

Steven

Adam M
20th May 2003, 15:16
fair point I think.

Would like to think mine will be running by then.

Aparty from natural disaster and total engine failure, there isnt much reason why it will not be.

So although its a project, 90% certain it will be more a reality long before that date.

Still being persuaded to run by others though!

David_Wallis
20th May 2003, 18:02
Steven, You know my opinion on the matter...

My car will be ready..

David

P20SPD
20th May 2003, 18:16
David, yes i do, and i think you have a fair point IMO.

Adam, juding by what Chris was saying in the SN thread, he was after the entry forms ASAP.

Steven

P20SPD
20th May 2003, 18:17
http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/thread.asp?threadid=210196

MorayMackenzie
21st May 2003, 09:56
Adam,

If you are in two minds about this, as usual http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/wink.gif , then _DON'T_ run your car!

You will have an idea of what the car is capable off (get Mark, John F or someone to take you out in it sometime http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/wink.gif http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/smile.gif ), you will have engine dyno figures for the engine, only you will know if it was worth it. http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/smile.gif So, what need is there to "prove" the cars capabilities it to all and sundry? Is the wear on the drivetrain really worth a little bit of short lived "fame" on a bbs or two? You know that any such public facts or figures will bit hit by certain spin-doctors to make them "worth less". http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/frown.gif

Regards,

Your friend, Mr Devils Advocate http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/smile.gif

Adam M
21st May 2003, 11:36
its gonna come down to me not beign able to afford it. simple as that.

Have simply run out of money.

I will set myself a financial limit on whether to go or not.

So, someone tell me, how much is it?

ChristianR
21st May 2003, 11:45
I might also not be running due to the finance.

As I have a house going through hopefully this friday - and I am not sure what money is going to be like.

It is the boat/accomodation and extra insurance that all adds up, and we may need that money for essential items for the house.

Pblamire
21st May 2003, 12:19
looks like I should get a move on then....

Adam,

If you're nearly run out of money (and about time too I should add!) then give me the rest, that way at least one of us can go!

Paul

P20SPD
21st May 2003, 12:43
LOL @ Paul

Adam, i think the event is £70, plus whatever your insurance, plus fuel, plus travel, plus accomodation(?).

Christian, you must run, put your car through its paces. Dont go on any more trackdays and so on until then.

Steven

stevieturbo
21st May 2003, 16:04
Its £85, but it includes entrance fee for 1 spectator also.

P20SPD
21st May 2003, 19:31
Not bad then considering i have just paid £30 for 2 spectator tickets about 3 weeks ago. Still not get them though http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/frown.gif

Andy.F
21st May 2003, 21:41
I'm ready to go tomorrow http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/smile.gif Who do I pay the entry fee to ? Quick before I spend it http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Adam/Christian - you could buy my car for 10K and run it as your second car http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/wink.gif Keeping your good cars for 'special' events.

Andy

ChristianR
21st May 2003, 23:18
Andy - My car is ready to run now and has been for a while. that isn't the problem. It will cost me over 1300quid I reckon for me to to totb2.

P20SPD
22nd May 2003, 07:19
Feck Christian, how the hell does it cost that much?? http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/confused.gif

Steven

Oh and a reminder to those going to make sure they have accommodation sorted http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

ChristianR
22nd May 2003, 13:58
Boat
Insurance
Accomodation

then on top of that will also be:
Petrol
Food
Entry fee to TOTB2.

David_Wallis
22nd May 2003, 14:29
And most importantly BEER and spare parts..

David

stevieturbo
22nd May 2003, 16:48
Well it will not cost me anywhere near that.
Id guess around
£120 boat ( Motorsport Travel )
£120 petrol
£200 accomodation ( prob less )
+ food, drink etc
£85 entry fee ( paid )
£xxx tyres

Persoanlly I think insurance is a waste of money. Realistically whats gonna happen?? Its straight drags, top speed, and a coned off ( flat ) circuit.
Accidents are possible, but very unlikely IMO.

ChristianR
22nd May 2003, 18:12
I go for full cover, which covers engine and drivetrain damage, as well as chassis and fire damage.

Pblamire
22nd May 2003, 19:00
Adam,

A cheque will be fine, although you could transfer it. Alternatively set me up with a Lateral performance credit note, let me know so I can plan my purchases.

Cheers

Paul

P20SPD
22nd May 2003, 20:56
Christian, why go to such full cover? are you insured to such full cover on the road?

Paul, that means feck all to me, did you sort your accomodation out?

Mark (R19KET) get your arse in gear and ring my in laws, as space is running out http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Big question is, do i have to ring my brother in law and start asking if he will sponsor my tyre wear for the day?

ChristianR
23rd May 2003, 06:41
yes i am steven

Pblamire
23rd May 2003, 09:36
Steven,

it's a joke, and no ai haven't sorted accomodation yet, will do this morning

Paul

ChristianR
23rd May 2003, 09:49
i'm lucky and have already got my accomodation sorted many months ago http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/smile.gif

Pblamire
23rd May 2003, 10:59
so I hear christian, you better get your deposit paid then...

ChristianR
23rd May 2003, 11:18
already have - ages ago!

Adam M
23rd May 2003, 12:46
I I have decided I will not be needing my place. May still need accomodation as I would like to go, but will sort something.

My dyno date has been put back another three weeks due to final engine bits not being ready in time. I am beginning to think I am cursed, any date I think I might make is only going to lead to disappointment. http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/frown.gif

spoken to warren about the engine and he thinks its going to take about two solid weeks work after the engine is in getting things perfect, and then on top of that I want it reliable and neat, in short, despitemy best efforts, it wont be ready to a standard that allows me to subject it to TOTB abuse in time.

My heart isn't really in it anyway as you can see from the above posts. So, who was first on the reserve list?

P20SPD
23rd May 2003, 14:37
1. DiscoCar for sale due to problems i belive
2. Tim Whitesidenot sure on tim, have not seen him post lately
3. Paul Pblamiresee above
4. Steven Darley best remove the for sale sign then

Slooby
23rd May 2003, 17:32
Not heard from me? I go away for 3 days and people think I've disappeared http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

Well it was Israel http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/wink.gif

Back now though...

Andy.F
23rd May 2003, 18:52
NEXT http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/wink.gif

Adam M
23rd May 2003, 21:16
How about I relegate myself to the reserve list and see how it goes.

I don't want to give it up really, but having spoken to warren, there is much to be done and little time to do it in.

Plus found out today I am off to the US for a substantial fraction of july.

Am happy to sit at bottom of the list.

Anders
24th May 2003, 18:27
Off in San Fransico at a Psychiatry conference just returned to this E -mail http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

"Hi anders
didn't get any reply from you mate regarding our news update? basically can
you plug the fact that the teams can now send in their entry forms , plus
spectator tickets are still on sale first to the clubs taking part?
adverts go in the magazines next month for spectator ticket sales to the
public. dont want the clubs moaning that they didnt know about tickets etc!

a post on your forum would be appreciated.

also, are your guys coming to the test day on 13th july? exactly same set up
as for totb2. all welcome including those not in the team itself. if so,
could you run a list of names interested?

many thanks
chris mann"

OK John and I need to know who is definetly capable of running?

I need to make the final list and have the cheques in by the end of this month http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/cool.gif

P20SPD
24th May 2003, 18:46
I can definately run, if need be, and will probably go to 13th July anyway http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Steven

Anders
24th May 2003, 23:00
Note Adam 22B is now a reserve and Mr P20 STD is officially running http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/wink.gif

Slooby
24th May 2003, 23:44
Well my car is running at the moment...just ask the GTIR owner how well it's running despite needing a remap http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/tongue.gif

P20SPD
25th May 2003, 11:28
http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/cool.gif

Best get my arse in gear and do the simple extras i want to do http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif. New manifold and up pipe, new inlet pipe, finish my catch can, finish the WI install, few other bits, but rest assured, it will be running http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif, as it runs very well now http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Steven

Slooby
25th May 2003, 17:25
Steven, it's begining to sound like your car is just as much a project as the others http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/tongue.gif

Pblamire
25th May 2003, 17:35
Not seen me post much? Or not seen me post details of my car?

I think, if I can get some assurances from work, the credit card will get a little workout and we will be in business.

Still need cryo treatment of block, and to report my new heads (bought to replace cracked ones).

Turbo decision has been made, needs to be ordered. Exhaust goes on when I can next get to H&S.

So, if required I could be ready, given that there we're two people drop out, unless we can persuade Steve Guirey to do it, but he is busy building the engines for the other cars.

I've willing to bet there will be one more from the list that can't make it for whatever reason. Even so, I think we are well sorted.

Paul

P20SPD
26th May 2003, 17:20
Paul, having re read my "see above" it could come accross the way you read it. I meant to say see your posts above mine, thats all.

Steven

Pblamire
27th May 2003, 08:43
Well, until I have a car that at least runs I should be on the reserve list, I do agree there. Besides, if not ready for TOTB there is always the shootout which I will deffo be ready for (more payslips between now and sept!).

My main point is that if we are in the position of only having 9 cars with a few weeks to go, I can sort something out.

Paul

P20SPD
27th May 2003, 09:42
http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/cool.gif

Look forward to seeing the Hearse of Doom surprising a lot of people, at either event,

Pblamire
27th May 2003, 12:13
rear stripped out and cardboard coffin?

no, even my poor taste won't stretch that far.

Paul

Slooby
27th May 2003, 12:39
Now you've suggested it, that has to be done now though http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

David_Wallis
27th May 2003, 15:05
I agree http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

P20SPD
27th May 2003, 15:51
Paul, i agree, now you have suggested it, it is a must http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

ChristianR
27th May 2003, 19:55
that has to be done http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/smile.gif

Pblamire
27th May 2003, 21:45
with fear of spurring the madness further, how about a wreath?

"RONNIE"

Paul

stevieturbo
28th May 2003, 00:59
Lets get realistic here.....lol With the budget he obviously has, I cant see many people beating him.

P20SPD
28th May 2003, 07:25
Paul, i think that would be a touch too far http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/wink.gif

Pblamire
28th May 2003, 07:40
I think Ronnie will be very quick, but not the quickest this year. Mainly because of the 2 skylines bought in from Japan already as drag cars, which isn't really fair if you ask me. Norris evo is still a user friendly car, and should still be quick, and that's the spirit of the event really.

i have no illusions about beating ronnie, but it was really a reference to the cheeeesy east end funeral thing, eg:

"MUM"
"STAN"
"ALFIE"

etc etc

Paul

Adam M
28th May 2003, 08:19
gearing will be the limiting factor!

there will be imprezas with the power to mix it with him, even beat him especially on the quarter mile.

Power to weight ratio should exceed his given he has 33% extra weight even when stripped out, against a similarly stripped impreza.

Top speed I dont think we could get close.

David_Wallis
28th May 2003, 09:46
I intend to mix with them all...

Not so sure I will beat them all.. I would imagine ronnie has the new box now?

Project X will be impressive.. last time I checked it was 700+ at the wheels whilst running in..

Norris Evo will be impressive...

Who's the money on?

David

Adam M
28th May 2003, 10:24
I dont see what is wonderful about the norris evo.

Its a 2.1 or 2.2 running 2.5 bar boost.

The dyno suggests its numbers are awesome, but I dont see why its so special.

If it revs to 10,000 I can see it making the power but I don't think it does.

but then equally the amount that has been done to it is comparable if not less than what has been done to at least my engine, but also some others. What makes it so special?

Pblamire
28th May 2003, 10:35
Adam,

What's impressive about the norris evo is that the car is still a proper car. Regardless of whether the engine makes 600 or 700hp or whatever I think it a great package.

Obviously it has been gone to town on because it's the main demo car for much of Norris' lines of business.

Not only that it's been heavily tested on the strip and track, and goes well on both.

Paul

P20SPD
28th May 2003, 10:40
Guees i will be there for the amusement of you big power cars then!

Slooby
28th May 2003, 12:44
Tim now has evil plans for a quick, cheap and dirty engine build http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/tongue.gif

Shame the link can only run 1.5 bar...still, that means I'll just need a bigger turbo Mwwwwhahhahaaaaaa

Ahem...sorry got delusional again, nurse, bring on the drugs...

Adam M
28th May 2003, 12:47
Paul,

there is nothign in his design brief that makes his car any more usable than any high power impreza I can think of.

I am not taking away from his achievement, I just don;t see why it is any more special than simialr work being carried out in impreza fields.

Pblamire
28th May 2003, 12:53
Adam,

I didn't say it was more of an achievement than the imprezas being built.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I don't see what is wonderful about the Norris EVO<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So are you saying the Imprezas are equally non-wonderful? I think they are all wonderful.

Paul

David_Wallis
28th May 2003, 13:20
Adam,

One thing that makes it wonderfull is that its running and he gets to play with it and test it / change bits...

No such luck for the impreza's..

David

Adam M
28th May 2003, 13:48
david,

nopt because they are any worse, just because they havent been done yet.

At least in my case.

I will be gutted if I have reliability issues once the car is sorted.

his car is his life and his income. I would expect it to wipe the floor with the lieks of us.

as I said, in terms of displacement, rpm, strength of internals, boost pressue, compression ratio and chocie of parts used in construction, there is no reason why it should.

then there's the odd fact that his turbo is rated by garrett to only 500bhp!

stevieturbo
28th May 2003, 15:18
Generally, there a lot of so called 'fast' cars around that wouldnt impress me. Based on last years event, the Norris car was very impressive. I was sitting behind it, the first time it launched off the line, and was quite shocked. There were very few cars that day that did the same. If it only had 500bhp last year, then I can only guess what it will look like this year.
Of the sveral skylines there, no 1 was even close to Ronnie. Seeing a skyline launch the way his did was awesome. And he didnt even do it only once. Every one was the same, with no mercy for the drivetrain at all, and the car took it every time.
Leons Supra, looked terrible off the line ( auto ), but it performed very well, and must have some serious power to make up for it.

There are enough projects nearing completion now, that will do well at the event, to put the Subaru in the same league as the other mega bucks cars.

Good luck to all http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Pblamire
28th May 2003, 15:37
there was even some crazy dude in a granada....

Did you see him launch Stevie? cause he was very poor indeed! http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/wink.gif

Paul

David_Wallis
28th May 2003, 17:31
Yeah, but he did a very nice rolling burn out..

And ive seen the pics of the stevie's new car http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/eek.gif

David

stevieturbo
28th May 2003, 20:41
Car was very badly last year. Had only got it running 3 weeks before the event ( new engine, new management system, from old carburettor ). Even at Well Lane, it was yet another bollox, having re-built the engine with different heads, and cam, after TOTB's crap performacnce. It was running for only 2 weeks before WL. It was going better, but still with a bad missfire problem.
Before I took it off the road to re-shell the car, I did have it running quite well, albeit with only 12psi, and revving cleanly throughout. Anything above, it missfired, which has been a very very longstanding problem.
Hopefully my new turbos will sort the problem. Car is almost ready for the road. Just need MOT and tax, and I can get working again to see if the new turbos has cured the very strange missfire.
So this time I should have about 7 weeks before TOTB2 to sort any problems, which is a bit better than 3, but still leaving things very tight.
As things go, the car is driving, which I am happy enough with given the amount of work it has been to build the new car. I dont really want to blow it up just yet though.
Hopefully my new T4's ( T34 actually ) will happily provide up to 20psi if necessary.
At WL, even running quite badly at a tad over 12 psi, it did manage 411bhp, which is pretty crap considering the engine size.
I will be very pissed off if I dont get over 500bhp.
And if I can figure out how to set it up in time, my ecu does have traction control, and launch control, which may help.
It may not be everyones cup of tea, but i like it, and of course its a V8 http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

ah well...Off to Spain tomorrow...more car time wasted http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/frown.gif

[This message has been edited by stevieturbo (edited 21 June 2003).]

Pblamire
28th May 2003, 20:55
http://images.fotopic.net/?id=556186

stevieturbo
28th May 2003, 21:02
I think I see now how to do it...
http://images.fotopic.net/?id=653743
http://images.fotopic.net/?id=653741

[This message has been edited by stevieturbo (edited 21 June 2003).]

Adam M
29th May 2003, 08:32
I think it looks great!

go for it.

Danny Fisher
29th May 2003, 17:52
I have been told that G-Force might be taking one of their Porsche's along.

Sounds fair, I mean why take a quick road car, when you can take a GT car! http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/redface.gif

Dan

C
29th May 2003, 19:50
Last time I heard the Project X skyline made 830bhp @ the wheels & still isnt running full boost!!!

Hopefully if mine gest done I should upset a few people http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

P20SPD
2nd June 2003, 08:05
Could someone tell us what is happening re entry forms and so forth please.

I have been emailing Chris Mann over the practice day on the 13th July, and he asked if i could remind you about entry forms.

Are we sending them in individually, or as a block courtesey of 22B?

Steven

P20SPD
2nd June 2003, 09:45
http://www.200plusclub.com/trackday/appform.xls

This is the form we need to fill in i believe.

Just emailed John Felstead and he is of the opinion that we send the form in ourselves, and that i have to chase Anders along http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Steven

5 Type R
2nd June 2003, 14:05
Just read this on the Skyline GTR forum.........results from this weekends runs at Santa Pod

Simon Norris' EVO 7 10.904 @ 132.05
Ron Kiddell's RK Tuning Skyline R32 11.217 @ 117.69
Andy Barns' Sumo Skyline R34 11.286 @ 127.84
Jeff Seddon's DubSport twin engine'd (VR6 turbo) Golf 11.377 @ 120.99
Europarts twin engine'd R5 11.822
Andy Nichols' Maestro 12.429
(TBC) Fensport Celica GT4 12.802
Carl Ellis' Dubsport 20V turbo 4x4 Golf 12.825

Lateral Performance Ltd
4th June 2003, 21:46
Guys,

It seems that some people still haven't sent their forms, and money in. Chris Mann needs this ASAP, or we may loose the places.

Mark.

David_Wallis
5th June 2003, 09:38
Will do this today..

David

P20SPD
5th June 2003, 10:14
Posted http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Slooby
5th June 2003, 17:12
What happens if not everyone coughs up, how long before we have to draw on the reserves???

Anders
5th June 2003, 19:57
HI I have been out of the country alot and will be this month as wel so please send your own forms and money in.

Note to Christian are you coming or not?

Andy.F
5th June 2003, 20:05
I've sent my form in today http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/smile.gif

Andy

Anders
12th June 2003, 20:34
Gentlemen start your engines............

OK Who has paid up as it is time to ratify the first 10 cars, Adam remains in reserve but assures me his car may yet make it!

I may have to put myself on the reserve as well http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/frown.gif

Anders
12th June 2003, 20:38
Chris Mann has said: "ok, i need to know more list of names of people who will run their cars at Elvington on 13th of July? http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/cool.gif

Its timed handling, top speed and 1/4m head to head , unlimited runs during
the day. should be an excellent day out!

The day will be approx £50-70 quid depending on cars, but could be cheaper if we get
enough confirmed entry lists.its pay on the day. also spectating will be 5
or 6 quid per person on the gate.

club reps please pass this onto members, its not just for the totb2 teams,
anyone can run their car.
if possible, email me back with a list if numbers expected? may be able to
offer a free entry to any club/group rep who can get 10 or more cars
confirmed.
no problems with clubs/groups organising their own mini shootout/ trophies
etc on the day".

NB so far only 4 confirmed 22B.com entries

mikeesingh
13th June 2003, 09:30
my form+cheque was sent off wednesday
but i think my car will not be ready/run in for 13 july http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/frown.gif

mikee

mikeesingh
13th June 2003, 09:31
my form+cheque was sent off wednesday
but i think my car will not be ready/run in for 13 july http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/frown.gif

mikee

Lateral Performance Ltd
13th June 2003, 10:24
Ok, so far these are the people who have returned money, and forms.

1) Mikee.
2) Steven Darley.
3) David Wallis.
4) Andy F.
5) Mark Aigin.
6) David Taylor (Trout)

Don't know about the rest. Does anyone know if Bob has confirmed yet ?

Mark.

Andy.F
13th June 2003, 16:33
I have also registered my interest with Chris for the 13th July day.

Andy

harvey
13th June 2003, 21:02
Chris Mann has e-mailed me on other matters and states "only got 4 forms in so far mate for totb2, so need to get the other guys rolling in june." so this is at deviance with the 6 forms referred to above.

Are people hedging in case their cars wont be ready or just not confident in general.

Chris does need to know so he can get on with the organization.

If you want to know what Bob`s doing why not contact him direct and get it from the horses mouth so to speak.

Chris Mann also said that there had been virtually no interest from the Scooby Community for 13th July and it was necessary for anyone intending to run their car to book in advance. 13th July is open to everybody not just those competing for TOTB.

Why all this apathy when it has been the biggest topic of discussion on this board for the last few months.

Anders
14th June 2003, 12:03
I am definetly not running on 13th of July as 22B is being made " abit more special" for August http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Wagon is too knackered to be a contender as well http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/frown.gif Still not bad since it has done 97K miles! http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/cool.gif

Lateral Performance Ltd
14th June 2003, 13:45
Harvey,

Five of the six have posted that they have sent the forms, and I know Trout sent his a few weeks ago. I suspect that some are in transit !

Since everybody is asking everybody if they are, or aren't going, it seemed pretty innocuous to ask if Bob is attending !!!

I suspect you would consider it the resposibility of the entrants to either sort out their forms, or let the organiser know their status ?

I do think there should be a "cut off" time, so anyone not having returned their forms by, say the end of June, loses their place to a reserve.

Would that seem fair to everybody ?

Mark.

chris200
14th June 2003, 16:10
hi to all!
thought i had best register and update you on the 22b.com team for whom forms have been received with payment:
(as of 5pm tonight, and in order received)
david taylor
mark aigin
steven darley
andy forrest
Mikee singh (today)

so anyone else who is supposed to have entered has either yet to do so or the forms havent been received?
will update you as they come in
rgds
chris m

David_Wallis
14th June 2003, 17:43
Mine has been posted..

Should be with you monday..

David

Lateral Performance Ltd
14th June 2003, 21:25
Ok, so we now have the following confirmed,

1) david taylor
2) mark aigin
3) steven darley
4) andy forrest
5) Mikee singh
6) David "it's in the post" Wallis...

Anders, and Steve Guirey have dropped out, Leaving Bob, and Christian to confirm.

Regardless, we now need two of the following reserves.

Reserves:
1. Disco
2. Tim Whiteside
3. Paul Pblamire
4. Adam Messulam

Mark.

Pblamire
15th June 2003, 22:42
I can be ready.

I can commit to running, but would like confirmation soonish otherwise I will take it easy.

Was coming to the event anyways to spectate, tickets purchased.

Paul

Lateral Performance Ltd
15th June 2003, 23:38
Paul,

I suspect that Disco won't be running, but need to check. So the chances are, you have a place http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Mark.

Adam M
16th June 2003, 22:29
I think I can safely say that regardless of places in the queue, I won't be close to ready in time.

Am in the states for most of july.

Engine should be in the car and running by the date, but so many other things need sorting before the date that I simply wont have time (or money) to get it all done.

In short, would offer my reserve place away but not entirely sure anyone would take it.

As it stands not sure I can even attend since I am flying back from new york on the 2nd of august and cutting fine to get there in time.

David_Wallis
16th June 2003, 22:50
my form has been recieved by chris..

Lateral Performance Ltd
17th June 2003, 01:36
Ok, Disco is intending to run, but Tim isn't going to be ready in time, so,

Paul, you're on http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Think that makes Ten again !

Mark.

Pblamire
17th June 2003, 08:30
Are you sure, I think Anders is intending to run?

I have sent a provisional form to CHris via email, and will send a paper one when there is some confirmation from Anders.

Paul

Andy.F
17th June 2003, 15:30
Paul

Does this mean your not giving me your 2.5 engine for TOTB any more ?

Andy

Lateral Performance Ltd
17th June 2003, 16:46
Paul,

Christian has told me that due to the costs involved in his new house, it won't be practical for him to come over.

Anders, and Bob I'm not certain about.

Mark.

johnfelstead
17th June 2003, 18:34
I was due to drive Anders and Adams 22B's at TOTB2 to defend my title which was why my name hasnt been on the lists. It's now posible neither of them will be running so i will enter my STi5 RA again in place of Christian.

I'll send my form today chris.

1. Anders Skarsten
2. Steven Darley PAID
3. John Felstead IN THE POST
4. David Wallis PAID
5. Andy Forrest PAID
6. Steve Guirey
7. David Taylor PAID
8. Mark Aigen PAID
9. Bob Rawle
10.Mike Singh PAID

Can the people above who havnt paid (Anders, Steve, Bob) give me their final update on whether they will be running or not and when they will be paying.

Reserves:
1. Disco
2. Tim Whiteside
3. Paul Pblamire
4. Adam Messulam

Can i have an update on if you will be ready to run.

I see Mark has stated Steve Guirey wont be running, but i dont see that info from Steve in this thread and i havent been mailed to say that is the case.

Hopefully we can have this finalised and all paid up soon.

Pblamire
17th June 2003, 19:52
Andy,

I am unsure at the moment, searching for a bigger turbo.

I see Blade (Tony Rodregeueueusu) has a Mountune developed 'race' engine, and is thinking of entering his "Race car that only does track days car". SO I feel a little 'more' is required.

How much NOS you got stashed up there Andy? Surely we can find another 100hp.

Plotting a solution.

Paul

Adam M
17th June 2003, 20:18
can confirm my car won't be running. Even if I had wanted to, it wont be ready in time.

Could possibly have been had I not been in the US for most of july.

Car should be drivable by end of june though.

P20SPD
17th June 2003, 21:08
Well done John, some action finally http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Mark, or anyone else, can you email Steve and get him to confirm what he is doing directly to John.

Adam, believe it when i see it http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/wink.gif

Question for eveyone, will you ACTUALLY need TRACK Insurance or not?

Steven

Adam M
17th June 2003, 22:20
Steven,

am not joking.

expect to be driving it away from bill gwynnes within the next two weeks.

Unless the engine dies http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/frown.gif

johnfelstead
17th June 2003, 22:59
Paul, can you answer my question please?

OK, thanks Adam, hope the car is OK and running soon.

Steven, i will take out cover, even though its very unlikely to be a problem, losing a tyre at 165MPH may be a bit of a disaster though. http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/eek.gif

Slooby
17th June 2003, 23:05
John, you can take me off the list, Slooby is unwell again and I can't afford to fix it at the moment.

johnfelstead
17th June 2003, 23:19
sorry to hear that Tim!

Thanks for the reply

Pblamire
17th June 2003, 23:21
John,

I don't see a question posted to me here or via email.

What I see, is 10 places filled, with one to go for sure, Steve Guirey.

Anders may yet drop out, leaving 1-2 reserves.

I can be ready, and am working on that basis anyway. Chris Mann has a provisional entry form via email, but I am not going to send an cheque and paper copy till I know I have a place.

If the place is available, I will take it, Disco still wants to run though, so it's not clear to me who's doing what.

Paul

johnfelstead
17th June 2003, 23:26
1. Anders Skarsten
2. Steven Darley PAID
3. John Felstead IN THE POST
4. David Wallis PAID
5. Andy Forrest PAID
6. Steve Guirey
7. David Taylor PAID
8. Mark Aigen PAID
9. Bob Rawle
10.Mike Singh PAID

Can the people above who havnt paid (Anders, Steve, Bob) give me their final update on whether they will be running or not and when they will be paying.

Reserves:
1. Disco
2. Paul Pblamire

Can i have an update on if you will be ready to run.

johnfelstead
17th June 2003, 23:37
thanks Paul, i have mailed everyone who hasnt paid, so you should have received an email from me?

We need to have this paid up by the end of the month as July 1st is the cutoff date for entries. I will check back in a weeks time, i think that should be enough time to have resolved who is definately running.

I wont be online until next tuesday now.

Cheers
john

David_Wallis
17th June 2003, 23:39
john.... can you direct that question at someone.. obviously we didnt pay 70 -80 quid just to not run.. so it must be aimed at paul or disco??

is blade the blade of MLR?

David

SMG
17th June 2003, 23:57
Sorry, havnt been on here for a bit...did say to mark that i will not be running, due to getting peoples engines finished up. Will be runing next year with out a doubt.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
Steve.

johnfelstead
18th June 2003, 01:27
Thanks for the reply Steve

Sorry i wasnt totally clear David, i was refering to people who hadnt paid, those in the first ten who have paid are definately running.

P20SPD
18th June 2003, 08:11
Insurance i will get then. 45 days to go http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

David_Wallis
18th June 2003, 08:25
enquire for me as well if your not doing it with normal supplier steven...

David

C
18th June 2003, 19:51
Blade is off the MLR - his car makes i think 500bhp & nearly 500ft/lbs from memory http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/smile.gif

however its fooking light - think its about 1050kgs now!!!!!

Pblamire
18th June 2003, 20:00
I thought it was 1150kg, with a target of 1050 next year.

Paul

David_Wallis
18th June 2003, 22:23
fook me..

Chris you best pull your finger out..

David

Anders
18th June 2003, 22:47
I am close to declaring I will not be able to run either my 22B which was being made "super trick" or even my fall back Lateral performance wagon http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/frown.gif

In the next couple of days I will get firm soundings about the project rebuild costs for both my project cars! http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/mad.gif

Anders
18th June 2003, 22:47
I am close to declaring I will not be able to run either my 22B which was being made "super trick" or even my fall back Lateral performance wagon http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/frown.gif

In the next couple of days I will get firm soundings about the project rebuild costs for both my project cars! http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/mad.gif

Pblamire
18th June 2003, 23:13
Anders,

I think you need to add JF and remove Steve Guirey from the list on page one.

That'll be me living in the garage from now till August then.

Paul

C
19th June 2003, 17:36
David - I know http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/frown.gif

lol maybe its time to strip the entire interior lol!!!

David_Wallis
19th June 2003, 18:13
thought you liked your gadgets?? http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/smile.gif

'Just wait with this pile of bits whilst I do a run' says Chris.

David

C
19th June 2003, 20:18
Gadgets are good http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

You wait untill I remove the install (done for shows etc) few gadgets there http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Hmmmm I might do some dieting over the next month or so http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/tongue.gif either that or I get handy with the socket set on the interior lol

David_Wallis
20th June 2003, 17:12
Install?? (if its ice then..)

I need to find some pics of my old one and some others I've done..

EQ213ix under perspex the footwell...

Allsorts of stuff http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

David

C
21st June 2003, 16:48
Yes as in ICE - its not really my "thing" but as its being used as a demo car for a few companies they are being very "generous" with bits http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/wink.gif

I specified that it needs to be fairly easily removable for things like totb thought http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/tongue.gif

but thats the last of my worries at the moment lol - got to get the car done firstly!

Possum Fink
22nd June 2003, 16:53
My lawnmower weighs in at around 350kgs so is thinking of running that. Mind you - will need to SVA it in time for the event http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/wink.gif

"deviance" I love it! There's nothing like a bit of deviance http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/wink.gif

Possum

Pblamire
22nd June 2003, 18:08
My lawnmower onl weighs about 18kg, and has 4hp. SO that's 222.2hp/ton

Not bad for standard, even better than an RA impreza!

Paul

johnfelstead
24th June 2003, 18:00
sadly Anders has withdrawn from the event as his 22B will not be ready.

Disco, can you confirm you have seen that you are now entered and have sent the form.

cheers
john

chris200
24th June 2003, 20:52
hi
scooby entries as of today:
d taylor
m aigin
s darley
a forrest
m singh
d wallace
j felstead

will update all teams as to any changes/entries this friday
rgds

johnfelstead
24th June 2003, 21:19
thanks chris.

Paul, Bob and Disco, can you confirm you have sent the entry please.

Pblamire
24th June 2003, 22:14
Entry will go in post tomorrow 25th june

Chris has info via email in the mean time. but I will confirm as sent when done tomorrow.

paul

johnfelstead
24th June 2003, 22:57
thanks paul

Pblamire
25th June 2003, 14:12
Sent today 1st class

Paul

chris200
25th June 2003, 21:33
i will be busy most of next week, and will update the teams next friday, as im expecting a bit of a flood of forms this week/weekend.
many thanks to Anders and the rest for getting it sorted this year, much appreciated
cheers
chris

pat
26th June 2003, 18:50
While I have no intention of competing, if my car is ready a quick run up the quarter and top speed runs would be an interesting comparison.... see what an extra 1.3 litres displacement and about 1.6 bar less boost does http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

chris200
26th June 2003, 21:15
confirmed receipt of P B's form today. 8 confirmed scoobs so far
(also got first 5 from MLR), evos all over 400+bhp! competition is coming in thick n fast now.
rgds
chris
next team update is next friday

Pblamire
26th June 2003, 21:20
Pat,

Having seen your car at the weekend, I think you have more serious issues to address!

Engine looks nice though.

Paul

pat
26th June 2003, 22:37
Paul,

what particular issues would you be referring to ?

Cheers,

Pat.

johnfelstead
27th June 2003, 13:11
is it still on safari spec suspension? http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Thanks for the updates!

Pblamire
27th June 2003, 22:49
Pat,

No radiator.
Nowhere to put a radiator

No intercooler
Nowhere to put an intercooler

Post turbo exhaust.

A complete and utter mess where the cabin used to be.

Safari spec suspension

Paul

pat
28th June 2003, 09:55
Paul,

You're right, there is no radiator at the moment, but there is space to insall a radiator. The plan is to install one temporarily and then drive it to a fabricator and get a custom one made, but it will be able to move under its own power.

There is no intercooler yet because I haven't decided what to do with that. I have a few ideas, but space will not be an issue.
It won't need an intercooler to start with, 4 PSI releases another 80 horsepower without any intercooling http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/smile.gif

Post turbo exhaust you didn't see because it was in the boot, but it is there.

The cabin is just full of rubbish. No change there then http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/wink.gif I just need to replace the radio cage and the lower dash cover on the driver's side, and of course drop an ECU into the footwell. I don't run any rear seats anyway. Should take about an hour to sort the cabin.

Suspension isn't safari spec, I have my temporary Ohlins on there, the front is now much lower with the engine in. The car look like it's fairly high because the rolling radius of my tyres is somewhat larger than standard. Not that any of this will make a difference in s atraight line http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/smile.gif I will get Proflex to adjust the proper stuff when the car is together, only then will we know what the weight distribution will be....

Cheers,

Pat.

David_Wallis
28th June 2003, 19:12
get some pics pat http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Andy.F
3rd July 2003, 19:01
Any of "our team" going along to the TOTB test day on 13th July ?
Harvey, Alan G and I will all be popping down for a thrash http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

d taylor
m aigin
s darley
a forrest
m singh
d wallace
j felstead
p blamire

ps - Who are the final 2 entrants ?

David_Wallis
3rd July 2003, 19:11
I will try and get across to spectate.. still building the 'car'

David

P20SPD
3rd July 2003, 21:13
Given that the guy rebuilding my gearbox had a very unforseen problem yesterday, in that his father dropped down dead, i dont think i will have the gearbox back in early enough to run it in.

Also, its my mother in laws birthday party, must attend http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif, so will probably be along to watch/applaud.

Steven

johnfelstead
4th July 2003, 02:00
see the first post in this thread Andy, it's been updated with the runners.

I should be OK to pop over and have a thrash, it depends on if i have a drink at my mates wedding or not the day before. http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

Pblamire
4th July 2003, 07:54
I have had to pull out.

The 'project' has expanded (for about the 100th time) and Pace have said 3 weeks for the chargecooler, which isn't enough time.

Fingers crossed for september though.

I'll still be spectating.

Paul

Andy.F
4th July 2003, 11:56
Thanks John....looks like that is already out of date though !

Pblamire
4th July 2003, 12:57
sigh....

If I work like a dog it might happen, but I just don't think it's worth 30 days of living like a zombie. Much rather ensure one of the other cars is 100% ready.

paul

johnfelstead
4th July 2003, 17:29
dont be a wimp paul, http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/wink.gif you know you want to do this. Keep me updated please and if you are sure you cant make it let me know.

cheers
john

Pblamire
4th July 2003, 17:40
I did kinda think I could make it when I walked into the garage, I can have the engine finished and together this weekend if I try.

Paul

Andy.F
4th July 2003, 18:57
I can still find a home for your engine http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

stevieturbo
4th July 2003, 19:28
Plenty of time.....4 weeks to go

chris200
4th July 2003, 21:40
just to confirm last 2 entries:

paul blamire- refund to be sorted if reqd.
R rawle sti 5

that makes it 2 places left i believe if paul does drop out.

also reminder elvington 13th july is £30 per car. all welcome, 9am entry to site, 10am start, bring helmets if u have them.

rgds
chris

johnfelstead
5th July 2003, 17:53
Just had a slight oh bugger moment. I thought i had posibly done my front Diff in last night as i was getting shock loadings through the front transmition, steering after a spirited bumpy B road drive.

Just got back from Prosport and fortunately, if thats the right term, i have a collapsed NSF wheel bearing, never had one go with such a shockloading effect before (thats 3 out of 4 gone now!). This is being changed thursday so i will still be on for the test day.

Chris, is the handling course the same as the one being used on the day proper?

P20SPD
5th July 2003, 20:30
John, your luck sounds as good as mine right now, might as well have broken my wrist today, well thats what the hospital said, wrist band and steel slpint!!!

Oh well, may just get the gearbox in before TOTB2 http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Steven

chris200
5th July 2003, 22:51
handling course wont be exactly the same set up as on the day. just for sake of fairness as not everyone is coming to the test day!
rgds

T-uk
6th July 2003, 11:44
glad to see that alang is going to the test day as IMO his car is more than worthy for TOTB, he is a bloody loon on the corners too http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

johnfelstead
6th July 2003, 14:21
http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/eek.gif sorry to hear that steven, hope its sorted asap!

Good point chris. http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

I am praying for rain! http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

johnfelstead
6th July 2003, 14:44
T-uk, if Alan is interested in running or being a reserve for TOTB2, he should contact Anders and myself, i dont recall recieving an enquiry from him?? Have i missed something?

We could do with more entries/reserves right now to ensure we have 10 runners, so anyone interested should get in touch.

T-uk
6th July 2003, 15:14
john,

andyf posted

"Any of "our team" going along to the TOTB test day on 13th July ?
Harvey, Alan G and I will all be popping down for a thrash"

perhaps he can only do the test day.

johnfelstead
6th July 2003, 15:43
he can only do the test day at the moment, everyone is welcome to enter next weekend.

The way your post came accross sounded like he had shown some interest in running in the event proper, i am not aware of that right now so thought i had being missing something.

[This message has been edited by johnfelstead (edited 06 July 2003).]

johnfelstead
6th July 2003, 15:49
Chris, when are we going to be getting the rules? It's only a few weeks away now so we really should have them published asap.

Did you consider the idea of checking the tyres once at the start of the day and marking them as legal? so we dont then have to worry about getting excluded if we wear the things out (which i will do!)

stevieturbo
6th July 2003, 16:27
While tyre legality may be in issue, I dont really think it can be totally fair to expect the same set of tyres to be totally legal ( treadwise ) the entire day.
If they get scrubbed off, it is an unavoidable problem.
Im sure some people could destroy a set of brand new tyres at the event in the day..

johnfelstead
6th July 2003, 17:06
i did last year, faster than you would imagine too! I cant afford to bring 12 wheels, which is what i would need to last all day and stay legal. Hence my question.

http://www.btinternet.com/~john.felstead/STi5/tyreouch.JPG

chris200
8th July 2003, 21:15
we will send info to all entries within a fortnight, at the minute i havent even got all the team entries in, due to rs cossys and GTRS.
once in we will sned out a format. rules though will be fairly st forward, as already discussed. the point about tyres is a fair one, the scruntineer will probably do all cars at the start, and then randomly on each event. car will have to remain in road legal trim (to a sensible definition without us getting hung up over it).
one thing we will have to state is that our decision will be final, and any objections must be lodged with me on the day before end of qualifying. no point moaning about it after the event when we cannot resolve it.
anyone with a car likely to either win class, overall or set a fastest time, we would expect to be able to prove legality of car if questioned, ie have tax/mot and log book available if reqd.
i very much doubt there will be any major arguments having seen the entry forms , a couple of people with "borderline" cars have already gone away to ensure a valid mot is done and car put into full road legal trim. (handbrake and tyres)
please email me direct if any queries though, its not a problem to sort it now.
cheers
chris

johnfelstead
8th July 2003, 22:53
i mailed you with an idea re tyres chris.

johnfelstead
9th July 2003, 20:42
Paul Pblamire has pulled his entry due to not being ready in time.

How are you looking Anders?

MONEY
10th July 2003, 17:50
Have you guys heard from Disco? He wont be running now due to problems http://bbs.22b.com/ubb/frown.gif